Chapter 4

She

 

 
 
Jessica has been waiting for Sooyoung to show up at her first class. She got Sooyoung’s class schedule from a reliable source. She did not ask her friend anymore about how she found out about Sooyoung’s schedule. It’s creepy when you think about it. 
 
“Jessica!” Jessica turned to see John. He is Jessica’s classmate in another subject. 
 
“John!” Jessica called back. “Is this your class?”
 
“Yeah. What are you doing here?”
 
“I’m here to interview Sooyoung.”
 
“Oh, yeah. I heard she’s running for council.”
 
Jessica checks the hallways from time to time to see if Sooyoung is anywhere near. The truth is, she doesn’t even know how she looks like. “She’s your classmate, right?”
 
John nodded.
 
“Great! How does she look like?”
 
John laughed. “You mean you don’t know her?”
 
“Save me the speech. I know I’ve been living in a cave. Am I the only one who doesn’t know her?”
 
“No. I was just overreacting.” He is laughing again. “She’s beautiful.”
 
“I heard she’s a biual.”
 
“That makes her hotter.” John smiled.
 
Jessica laughed while shaking her head. “Boys will be boys.”
 
“But, seriously…She’s really beautiful and super nice!”
 
Jessica has been hearing a lot of good things about Sooyoung. She can’t be perfect, Jessica thought.
 
“I have to go inside now. Class is about to start.” Jessica said goodbye to him. John turned back again when he saw someone approaching. “That’s your girl, right there.”
 
Jessica followed where John’s eyes are looking at. It was like she was seeing an angel before her. 
 
She’s so beautiful.
 
She panicked. She tried gathering her words. She has to ask for an interview and yet, she just continued staring. Sooyoung just passed by her and went inside the classroom. 
 
Jessica missed her chance to request for an interview. She smacked her own head lightly.  “You’re so stupid, Jessica Jung!”
 
 
*
 
This is Jessica’s attempt number two. She’s still irritated with herself because she just let the chance passed earlier. Well, at least now she knows how Sooyoung looks like. For some reason, she can’t stop thinking of Sooyoung’s face since this morning. 
 
She saw Sooyoung approaching again. But this time, she looked like she’s in a hurry. 
 
She stepped forward and prepared to say something. She didn’t realize that Sooyoung started running. It was too late because Sooyoung bumped into right shoulder. 
 
Sooyoung was quick to support her. “I’m sorry!” 
 
Jessica was speechless again. She blinked for a second, Sooyoung is gone. “It’s okay…I guess.”
 
She smacked her head again. “It’s just an interview. Is it too much to ask, Jessica Jung?”
 
 
 
**
 
 
Jessica thought about cutting her class so that she could finally get to Sooyoung. But she can’t miss her History class. She had never missed any class before. She was so surprised when Sooyoung and Hyomin showed up in their classroom. They came to campaign.
 
“Sir, can we have a couple of minutes to campaign?” Their campaign manager asked.
 
Please say yes. Say yes. Jessica kept thinking.
 
“One minute.”
 
“Okay, sir. Thank you.”
 
By that time, Sooyoung and Hyomin made their way in front. They introduced themselves. 
 
They talked about their plan of actions if ever they are elected. Campaign materials were passed to all the students. Jessica heard her classmates whisper about Sooyoung. It turned out that she’s not the only one who noticed Sooyoung’s beauty. Jessica kept on staring at Sooyoung the whole time. She’s planning to ask Sooyoung for the interview after their campaign at the classroom.
 
One minute ended very quickly. They did not have time to elaborate on their plans.
 
“Once again, I’m Park Hyomin, your Student Council Chairperson.”
 
“And I’m Choi Sooyoung, your Student Council Vice Chairperson. Thank you!”
 
They smiled at the students one last time before they went out.
 
Jessica was getting ready to follow them when her professor stood up. “Class, we’ll just continue the discussion next meeting because we already ran out of time.”
 
Jessica glanced outside and saw Sooyoung still talking with their campaign manager. She quickly organized her things. 
 
“See you next meeting.” Their professor said as he dismissed the class.
 
Jessica quickly made her way towards Sooyoung who was now walking away.
 
“Excuse me, Sooyoung?” She called Sooyoung shyly when she finally reach her.
 
Sooyoung turned to her. She doesn’t know the girl in front of her. But she slowly realized where she had seen the girl. “You’re the one I bumped to earlier, right?”
 
Jessica nodded. 
 
“I’m so sorry. I was late to my next class and I had a presentation.” Sooyoung explained. She bowed to apologize again.
 
“It’s okay. See, I’m writing an article for ‘Matter’. It’s the official newspaper in the College of Mass Communication, Journalism Department.” Jessica said.
 
Sooyoung was listening intently.
 
Jessica continued. “We will be featuring you on our next issue. I was just wondering if I could have an interview with you.”
 
Sooyoung looked for their campaign manager who is still conversing with Hyomin. “I should ask my campaign manager first. I’m not sure how these things work.” Sooyoung giggled.
 
“Of course. I will just approach her.”
 
She was about to approach Sooyoung’s campaign manager. She was surprised to hear Sooyoung’s voice again. “Give me your hand.”
 
“What?” Jessica’s not sure if she heard her right.
 
“Your hand.” Sooyoung repeated. Jessica showed Sooyoung her right hand slowly, not sure about what’s happening.
 
“This is my number.” Sooyoung wrote her number on Jessica’s palm. “I’ll just talk to my campaign manager about this. I’m sure a little interview would be fine.” Sooyoung smiled. She let go of Jessica’s hand.
 
“Thank you, Sooyoung.”
 
“Sure. Just call me later regarding the interview.” Sooyoung smiled at her again.
 
Jessica’s heart skipped a beat when she did. “O-okay.” She watched Sooyoung walk away. 
 
She smacked her own head again. “What’s happening with you, Jessica Jung?!”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Update!!

To clear things out (haha), Sooyoung's character is based on real person but the fanfic is not based on a real story. :))

And please wait patiently for my next update. Please~ :)))