Chapter 7

She

 

 
Jessica has just gotten out of her class. It’s her last class for that day. Luckily, they don’t have History class that day.  
 
“Hi.”
 
Jessica looked back to where the voice came from. She’s not very familiar with the voice but she’s sure that she has heard it somewhere before.
 
“I’m Choi Sooyoung, remember?” Sooyoung chuckled.
 
“I-I know.” Jessica stuttered and she hated herself for that.
 
“You look like you have seen a ghost. Are you okay?”
 
Jessica nodded then continued walking away. Sooyoung smiled and ran after her. “You’re such a snob, Ms. Jessica.”
 
“What do you need?”
 
“About the article…”
 
Jessica blushed. The article came out this morning. She’s embarrassed at how she ended up making Sooyoung look good, too good and close to perfect.
 
“There’s nothing to talk about.” She’s still trying to hide her reddened face.
 
Sooyoung took a hold of her wrist. “I just want to thank you.” Jessica found her staring at Sooyoung’s eyes. Sooyoung realized her grip on Jessica’s wrist and let go of it.
 
Jessica is looking down to the ground. “You’re welcome.”
 
“Can we talk?” Sooyoung suddenly asked.
 
Jessica was taken aback. “Huh?”
 
“I have a favor to ask from you.”
 
“What is that?” Jessica sounded annoyed but for some reason, she knew that she want to spend time with Sooyoung again.
 
“Can you write another article about me?” Sooyoung asked. “And my girlfriend.” She added.
 
Jessica was surprised at her request. She thought about it for a while. She knew that this will be a good opportunity for her. Surely, this will make their newspaper again. Plus, she has been wanting to know more about Sooyoung and her girlfriend. Even if she wants to deny it, she found Sooyoung interesting.
 
“Why are you doing this, Choi Sooyoung?” Jessica asked. 
 
“Sooyoung. Call me Sooyoung. Don’t be too formal with me. I just know that soon people will make a big deal out of this and I just want to clear things out before it gets out of hand.”
 
“Why me?”
 
“Because I trust you. You just wrote that article like you know me too well. It scares me how well you read my personality.”
 
“You’re a mystery to me, Choi Sooyoung. Believe me.” Jessica smirked.
 
“What was that?” Sooyoung had never noticed Jessica’s smiled before.
 
“What are you talking about?”
 
“The smile you showed me.” Sooyoung smiled.
 
Jessica was suddenly shy. “Fine. I’ll do the article. Just stop with the unnecessary comments.”
 
Sooyoung grabbed Jessica’s hands and guided her through the corridor. Jessica struggled to release from Sooyoung’s grip.
 
“Where are you taking me?” Jessica asked. She’s still being pulled by Sooyoung.
 
Sooyoung found a vacant room. She closed the door. “Sit.”
 
“We’re doing the interview now? Here?” Jessica was shocked. Everything was decided so fast.
 
“Of course. We can’t waste any time.” Sooyoung smiled. “C’mon.”
 
“Okay.” Jessica slowly searched for a notebook and pen from her bag.
 
 
 
*
 
 
Tiffany arrived early at the journalism club meeting. There was no one else in the classroom when she went inside. She was not expecting anyone else when Taeyeon came in. Taeyeon was also surprise to see only Tiffany in the room. She hesitated if she would enter already and be in the same place alone with Tiffany.
 
Tiffany noticed that Taeyeon is hesitating. “Do you hate me that much that you don’t want to be alone with me?” She asked.
 
Taeyeon didn’t show any reaction in her face but walked towards one of the chairs at the front. 
 
“You’re early.” Taeyeon said out of the blue.
 
Tiffany was surprised that Taeyeon initiated the conversation. “My class was dismissed early.”
 
Then they were silent again. “Taeyeon, are you doing something tomorrow?”
 
Taeyeon thought for a while. “Why?” 
 
 
Flashback
 
“Happy birthday, Tiffany!” Taeyeon greeted her. She was holding a Totoro stuffed toy with her hands. Tiffany received it with her eye smile on her face.
 
“Thank you, Taetae. You remembered.” 
 
“How could I forget? You’re special.” Taeyeon was too happy that Tiffany liked her gift.
 
“Totoro is so cute. I love it.” Tiffany hugged her Totoro again. Taeyeon pouted and Tiffany saw it.
 
“What’s the problem, Taetae?”
 
“I wouldn’t have given you that Totoro if only I had known that you will hug it more than me.” Taeyeon pouted again.
 
Tiffany giggled and hugged Taeyeon. “You’re so cute, Taeyeon-ah. I love Totoro but I love you more.”
 
Luckily for Taeyeon, she was still in Tiffany’s hug. Tiffany didn’t see her blush.
 
End of Flashback
 
 
Ever since they’ve been friends, Taeyeon had always prepared something for Tiffany. But after that happened, Taeyeon barely talked to Tiffany. Now, she didn’t even remember Fany’s birthday.
 
Tiffany hesitated about what she’ll say next. “Jessica and I are going to eat somewhere and I thought maybe you wany to join us.”
 
“Wow, you’re asking me as your friend.” Taeyeon laughed.
 
Tiffany ignored Taeyeon’s remark. “So are you going? Just say it if you have something planned.”
 
“Actually, I have.  I remembered Nana and I will watch a movie tomorrow.” Taeyeon knew perfectly well tthat it is Tiffany’s birthday. She had been thinking about it ever since the month started. She purposely planned something with Nana so that she won’t be able to remember Tiffany at that day.
 
Tiffany showed a smile, maybe a forced smile. “That’s okay. Jessi just told me to ask you. Maybe she’s just getting bored with me.” Tiffany lied.
 
After a minute of silence, “So…Nana and you are still close.”
 
Taeyeon looked at Tiffany hoping to read her mind but nothing. “Yep. She’s really nice and sweet.”
 
Tiffany laughed. “I can still remember that time when you said that Nana is a spoiled conceited brat.”
 
“I was wrong.” Taeyeon said. Tiffany stopped laughing. Clearly, she’s not enjoying where this is going.
 
Taeyeon continued. “She’s the cutest. I did not expect that she would someday be my best friend” She had this smile on her face when she was saying that. That was a stab on the chest for Tiffany. She was the best friend. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Boring update. 

Sorry for not updating that much. I'm really busy with my acads.

I would love to read your comments. Inspire me to write! :))