Chapter 45

She

 

 

“You’re still here?” Jessica joined Sooyoung in the dining table. She was not expecting to see Sooyoung in the house since she has always left early for class or for meetings.

 

But Sooyoung just ignored her, eating her cereal quietly.

 

What time did you get in last night? Jessica asked Sooyoung.  She tried waiting for Sooyoung last night but her eyes failed her.

 

Still no answer.

 

“Yah!” Jessica hit the table lightly but enough to make her presence known to Sooyoung at the opposite side.

 

Sooyoung looked surprise. “You almost killed me right there.”

 

“I’ve been here for at least a minute already and you didn’t even notice me. What’s wrong with you?” Jessica ate the cereal she had just prepared.

 

“I’m sorry. I was just thinking of something.” Sooyoung mumbled.

 

“And that is?”

 

“Nothing. Just don’t mind me.”

 

Jessica was hesitating if she would just let it slide this time although it was so obvious that the other girl has things on her mind.

 

“Pain loves my company, so it seems.” Sooyoung suddenly blurted out She wasn’t really talking to Jessica. She was just staring to nothingness and talking to herself loudly.

 

“Jessica stood up from her seat and approached Sooyoung at the other side. She carefully placed her hand on Sooyoung’s shoulder. “Sooyoung.”

 

Sooyoung flinched. Jessica was clearly hurt by the coldness but she decided to put her feelings aside first. “What happened?”

 

“Why do people always leave me? Am I that hateful? They always say I’m perfect but in the end, I always get leave behind by the most important people in my life.”

 

Jessica didn’t know what to say. She was one of those people. She went down on her knees and hugged Sooyoung from her seat. “I’m sorry…”

 

Sooyoung burst into tears. She hugged Jessica as tight as she can as if her life depended on it. She buried her face into Sica’s neck. The other girl was also close to tears seeing Sooyoung break down like this.

 

 

*

 

 

“Can you talk to my professors and tell them I can’t come in today?”

 

“What happened?” Tiffany was rushing to her first class when she received the call.

 

“Sooyoung’s not feeling well.” Jessica said. She was speaking softly to not wake up Sooyoung who has fallen asleep after breaking down earlier.

 

“So you’re her babysitter now?”

 

“Tiff.”

 

“I’m just kidding. Do you need something? We can bring food later, medicine or vitamins maybe?”

 

“She’s not really sick.”

 

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows, not really understanding the situation.

 

“Suzy broke up with her.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Yeah, I’m supposed to be happy since I have a chance with her again but how can I be happy when she’s crying her eyes out. I can’t see her like this.”

 

“We’ll still visit later, maybe cheer her up. And you too,”

 

“Thank you.” Jessica put down her phone. She went to the bedroom to check Sooyoung again. She carefully sat at the edge of the bed and watched her sleeping. “You deserve to be happy. Please let me in again.”

 

 

**

 

 

Sooyoung woke up when she heard voices coming from the living room. She checked her face in the mirror and she saw her swollen eyes. She was instantly reminded of the reason of her tears. Suzy broke up with her. She was left behind again. Who’s to tell that this will not happen again in the future?

 

She checked her phone. She was expecting at least a text from Suzy but none of them came from Suzy. There were messages from her friends, especially from Taeyeon and Yuri, but she did not bother to read them.

 

She heard the voices from the living room again. Clearly, they were not only from Jessica. She washed her face before going out of her room.

 

She saw familiar faces playing around in the living room. It was Tiffany who first saw her. “Sooyoung!”

 

Jessica looked to her way also. “I told you to be quiet!” She threw the pillow to Yuri’s direction.

 

“Awww! Hey, buddy!”

 

“Hey, Sooyoung!”

 

Sooyoung was a little but overwhelmed because of the little crowd. She can’t keep up with their energy. Jessica began to worry. She rushed towards Sooyoung’s side.

 

“I’m sorry. I told them it might not be a good idea to visit this time but they were so persistent. I could ask them to just come back next time. I’m sure they’ll understand.”

 

Sooyoung smiled, the first smile she made today. “It’s okay. I kinda miss them too.”

 

Yuri tackled Sooyoung on the ground. “Hey buddy, I heard you’re making Jessica babysit you.”

 

“Get off me, Kwon Yuri!” Sooyoung shouted from below. “You’re heavy.”

 

“Who are you calling heavy?” Yuri tightened her hold on Sooyoung even more.

 

Taeyeon pulled Tiffany from her seat and made Fany sit on her lap. “Hey Sooyoung, what’s up with the swollen eyes? You look uglier than normal.”

 

“Yah!” Sooyoung shouted with Yuri still on top of her. “Hey, get off me.”

 

She managed to escape Yuri’s hold. They sat on the floor, panting. “I’m hungry.”

 

“Me too.” Yuri said.

 

“Me three!” Taeyeon raised her hand.

Tiffany laughed and looked at Jessica. “Let’s order food. We have kids to feed.”

 

Jessica laughed. She’s happy that at least Sooyoung has her friends to keep her mind away from the break up.

 

 

***

 

 

 

“Let’s have ice cream!” Taeyeon said proudly as if she had come with the most brilliant idea.

 

They ordered a lot of food but as expected, there were no leftovers. Sooyoung even ate more than usual.

 

“Are you sure you can still ate, Taetae?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon stood up and rubbed her stomach. “I always have space for ice cream!”

 

“I really can’t believe that you’re the same Taeyeon who was so y to me.”

 

Taeyeon stuck her tongue out.

 

“She was y to you?” Yuri asked.

 

Jessica nodded.

 

“I didn’t know you have that side, Kim Taeyeon.” Yuri .

 

Taeyeon stuck her tongue out to Yuri as well.  Tiffany touched her arm and she immediately calmed down.

 

Sooyoung stared at the lovebirds. Surprisingly, she didn’t feel bitterness at all. She was just happy that her friends are still going strong despite going through some tough times too. She envies them. “Now that I think about it, you look like a tamed puppy when you’re with Tiffany. You might even play dead now if Tiffany tells you to.”

 

She laughed at her own statement and the others followed except for Taeyeon. “That’s not funny.”

 

But they continued laughing. Taeyeon turned to Tiffany. “It’s not funny!” She whined. Tiffany pinched her nose. “You’re cute. Stop sulking. Let’s buy your ice cream!”

 

“Yay!” Taeyeon cheered up and forgot her annoyance.

 

 

****

 

 

They’re friends left after they ate their ice cream. Sooyoung was thankful to her friends. She knew that they were making an effort to make her smile and laugh. She has the best friends ever, not to mention Jessica who has been taking care of her all day.

 

“Can you sleep with me tonight?” Sooyoung wanted to hit herself when those words escaped . But she did not regret them anyway.

 

Jessica gulped. Sooyoung saw how Jessica reacted. “Don’t worry, we’re not breaking any rules here. You’re friend is just afraid to be alone.”

 

“I’m not worried about that.”

 

“What are you worried about then?”

 

“We’ll be too close to each other. I’m not..sure..if I can handle..”

 

Sooyoung laughed. “Oh my God, why are you so cute when you’re shy like that?”

 

Jessica hit her arm. “Shut up.”

 

“Just don’t hug me too tightly when I’m sleeping. At least allow me to breathe.” Sooyoung .

 

After washing, they finally laid in bed facing each other. “To be honest, I’m slightly feeling guilty. My girlfriend just broke up with me and now I’m on bed with another girl.”

 

“But we’re not doing anything! I won’t even touch you!” Jessica defended their current situation.

 

“Really? Can you do that? Not touch me when I’m this close?” Sooyoung again. Jessica hit her face with a pillow.

 

They laughed and grew silent after a minute. “Sooyoung, can you be honest with me?”

 

“Of course.”

 

Jessica breathed before asking her question. “Do you still want her back?”

They just stared at each other for a while. After a minute of silence, Sooyoung spoke again. “To be honest, I don’t know.”

 

Jessica was disappointed. She was hoping for a straight no although she could not blame Sooyoung because Suzy did mean something to her.

 

“All I know is I feel secured when she’s around. She really made me feel loved. She loved me without expecting something in return.” Sooyoung sighed. “I’m just sorry I could not love her the way she loved me.”

 

Jessica forced a smile. “I’m sorry everything has turned out this way.”

 

Jessica’s hurting too but she if she have a choice, she’ll gladly take away the hurt Sooyoung is feeling right now. Out of all people, Sooyoung doesn’t deserve this pain.

 

 


 

Surprise! I updated faster this time. :)))

To be honest, I just like to finish this fic soon. Haha

So updates will be faster strating from now.