Chapter 13

She

 

 

Sooyoung did not get any sleep that night. She kept thinking of everything that happened ever since the campaign started. Now, she’s regretting her decision to run for office. Clearly, she’s not ready to sacrifice her life just to win. She had a good life before this campaign. She was contented. But now, everything seems so complicated.

Her phone has been ringing for a while now. But she’s not in the mood to answer any of those calls. After Jiyeon slapped her last night, they didn’t really decide on their relationship. Sooyoung pretended that she didn’t hear Jiyeon breaking up with her. In Sooyoung’s mind, they’re still together.

Her mind is so messed up right now because as she was thinking of Jiyeon, thoughts of Jessica will come up. She kept telling herself that what she was feeling is pure guilt because she pulled Jessica into this mess. Somebody knocked on her door. She ignored it but after a while, she heard the door open.

It’s Yuri. She’s the only one who has spare key of her apartment. “Siwon told me.”

“Don’t even mention that guy’s name.”

“I don’t know what he did but he looked really sorry when I saw him earlier.”

When Sooyoung refused  to speak another word, Yuri continued speaking. “Any idea who took the picture?”

“It’s my opponent. The photographer actually called me last night and apologized. He was feeling guilty for what he did. It was one of those black propaganda.”

“Your world has gone to a whole new level of complicated.” Yuri commented.

Sooyoung covered her face with her pillow and screamed underneath it. “What have I gotten myself into?”

Yuri stood up by her bed and hit Sooyoung with a pillow. “Stop being whiny. Get your out  of bed and attend your classes.”

“I don’t want to.”

Yuri sat at the edge of Sooyoung’s bed and removed the pillow from Sooyoung’s face. “Why are you being pathetic? This is not you, Sooyoung.”

“Jiyeon tried to break up with me.”

“So that’s why you are moping around?” Yuri asked.

Sooyoung ignored her and covered her face again with the other pillow beside her.

“Maybe you breaking up is a good thing.” Yuri suggested.

Sooyoung glared at Yuri. “You never liked Jiyeon. That’s why you keep pushing me to Jessica.”

“It’s not that I don’t like Jiyeon but I don’t think you love her.”

“What are you talking about? I love her.”

“Yes, you do. But it’s just sisterly love. Maybe you were just scared when she confessed to you. You were scared that you will lost your friend if you rejected her.”

“You don’t know anything, Yuri.”

“I know you, Sooyoung. And I also saw how you looked at Jessica.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Sooyoung turned away from Yuri, facing the wall.

“Keep lying to yourself. You like her.”

“I like her but not like that. She’s a friend. Don’t try to see beyond that because there is nothing more beyond friendship.” Sooyoung was also trying to convince herself this time.

“Have you heard from her after the article came out?” Yuri asked.

Sooyoung bit her lip. “I forgot to call her.” She quickly got out of bed and picked up the phone that she threw away earlier. “Yul, can I borrow your phone. I broke my phone.”

Yuri chuckled before handing Sooyoung her phone. “Next time, don’t be such a drama queen. Now you have to buy another phone. Pabo, Sooyoung.”

Sooyoung stuck her tongue out to Yuri.

 

*

 

Jessica was sulking by herself at her own apartment. Suddenly, Tiffany and Taeyeon appeared at her door. She was surprised to see them together.

“W-what are you doing in my room?” Jessica asked. She was spacing out by herself a while ago.

“I’m here to make sure that you don’t do something stupid. Get up and prepare for your class, Jung.” Tiffany dragged her friend from her bed and pushed her to the bathroom. Jessica did not have the chance to complain because the next thing she knew she was already in her bathroom.

Taeyeon just watched Tiffany and laughed at her actions. “Why are you so cute?” Taeyeon mumbled.

Tiffany just came out from the bathroom. “What were you saying?”

Taeyeon thought of an excuse fast. “I-I saw Jessica’s..stuff..toy.” Tiffany was listening intently. “And it reminded me of the stuff toy you gave to me.” Taeyeon finished.

“I haven’t given you any stuff toy. You said they are lame.”

Taeyeon panicked. “Oh, I guess it was Nana who gave them to me.”

“Oh.” Tiffany replied. Taeyeon sighed in relief not knowing that it opened another problem with Tiffany.

“Nana. It’s funny how you’re close to her now because I remember you hating on her during high school.”

Taeyeon was uncomfortable again. “I only hated her because you hated her. Why did you hate her again?”

Now, it was Tiffany’s turn to be uncomfortable. She didn’t want Taeyeon to know why she hated Nana in the first place. She didn’t know how to respond.

“Fany?” Taeyeon was waiting for an answer.

“I’m done! Get out of my room!” Jessica came out with only her towel on.

Tiffany thanked Jessica in her mind. She can’t tell Taeyeon her reason for hating Nana. The truth is she only hated Nana because she overheard her conversation with her friends. Tiffany found out that Nana has feelings for Taeyeon. Somehow, she felt threatened. She didn’t want to lose Taeyeon. But she did. She lost her to Nana.

They made their way out of Jessica’s room. Luckily for Tiffany, Taeyeon did not bring up the topic again. After a couple of minutes they heard Jessica screamed from her bedroom. They looked at each other first then ran towards Jessica’s room. They found Jessica holding her phone.

“What happened?” Tiffany asked worriedly.

“Sooyoung called me and I missed it because I was in the bathroom!”

Tiffany and Taeyeon glared at Jessica.

“You are unbelievable.” Tiffany said.

“We thought something happened.” Taeyeon added.

“Something happened! She called me and I missed it!” Jessica continued staring at her phone.

“Whatever, Jessica. We’re going out. Move faster or we’ll leave you.”

They left Jessica alone in her room. She stared her phone for a while. She couldn’t decide if she should call Sooyoung back. But then she received a text message. It’s from Sooyoung.

From: Choi Sooyoung

Are you okay? I’m worried. Please reply.

 

Jessica smiled like a fool after reading the message. She quickly typed her reply, deleting one word here and there, too conscious of her reply. She finally sent her message.

 

To: Choi Sooyoung

I’m okay. Are you? 

 

She just stared at her phone as she wait for Sooyoung’s reply. But she didn’t. Instead, her phone rang. Sooyoung is calling her.

“Oh my god, she’s calling me. What to do? What to do?” She sighed heavily before clicking the answer button.

“Hello?”

“Hi.” Sooyoung said from the other end.

“Why did you call?”

“I just wanted to know if you’re okay.” Sooyoung said softly.

“I told you I am.” Inside, Jessica is squealing in joy knowing that Sooyoung thought of her. “How about you?”

“I’m fine. Look, I’m really sorry I dragged you into this.”

“It’s okay.”

“No, really. I feel bad. Can I come over later to your place so that we can talk?”

Jessica was surprised at what Sooyoung said. “O-of course. I’ll see you later.” Jessica replied. She was still smiling when she put down her phone.

 

 

 



 

 

Hi readers! You know what will inspire me to update faster? Your comments. :))

Hope you enjoy this chapter. 

Anyway, have you followed us? http://summerandwinter2224.tumblr.com/

I'll update again tomorrow! :)