Chapter 18

She

 

 
The day of the election has finally come. Sooyoung looked calm when she arrived at school. It was Jessica who is more nervous.
 
“Relax, Sica.” Sooyoung said when she noticed that Jessica kept on biting her fingernails. 
 
“I am relaxed. How about you?” Jessica asked Sooyoung.
 
“Perfectly fine.” Sooyoung smiled at her. Her nervousness was eased at the sight of Sooyoung’s smile.
 
“Okay, I’ll just go to class. Will you be okay?” 
 
“Of course.” Sooyoung took out a sandwich she prepared before leaving the apartment. Jessica chuckled because Sooyoung will eat again. She’s been teasing the other girl these days for being a ShikShin. To her surprise, Sooyoung offered the sandwich to her.
 
“What?” Jessica asked .
 
“I prepared this for you. You said you’re busy today. I’m afraid you’ll skip your lunch.” Sooyoung smiled at her again.
 
Jessica was touched by the kind gesture. “T-thank you. You didn’t have to do this.”
 
“I already did.” Sooyoung kept on smiling.
 
Jessica became suspicious. “Are you back with Jiyeon?” She prayed for a ‘no’ and she got it.
 
Sooyoung shook her head. “No. I’m just being a good housemate.” 
 
“Thank you then, housemate.” Jessica thanked her again before leaving for her class. 
 
 
*
 
 
 
Sooyoung was just cool about the election. Deep inside, she really wants to win but she’s not the type of person who’ll get depress over a loss.
“Hey.”
 
She looked up to find Taeyeon.  “Hey.”
 
Taeyeon sat beside her. 
 
“Have you voted?”
 
“Yes and I already voted for your opponent.”
 
Sooyoung was surprised but she’s about to act cool about it when Taeyeon spoke. “I’m just kidding. Of course, I voted for you.”
 
“Thank you.” Sooyoung shook her hand with Taeyeon.
 
Taeyeon was taken aback by the formality. “Wow, so formal.”
 
“You have no class?”
 
Taeyeon shook her head. “Hey, wanna have a cup of coffee?”
 
“Are you asking me out?” Sooyoung joked around.
 
“Shut up! I just thought you would be fun to talk to.”
 
 
**
 
 
“So, what do you need?” Sooyoung asked.
 
“Huh?”
 
“You could have joined your friends for coffee but you picked me. So I figured you need something from me.”
 
“Oh, so you’re smart too. Too perfect.” Taeyeon chuckled. “I just need someone to talk to.”
 
“Why me? Why not Tiffany? Why not your other friends?”
 
“Because you may relate to me. You like girls too, right?”
 
Sooyoung laughed. “You wanted to talk to me because you’re having girl problems?”
 
Taeyeon was embarrassed. “Yeah, I thought you’ll be the right person to talk to when it comes to this. You melt girls with your smile.”
 
Sooyoung continued laughing. “But my lovelife is pretty messed up too. I’ve just broken up with my girlfriend.”
 
“At least you had a girlfriend. I’m still hang up on the same girl for years now.”
 
“Tiffany?”
 
“How’d you know?” Taeyeon really looked surprise.
 
Sooyoung laughed. “You two look so obvious.”
 
“Us? So you think she likes me too?”
 
“I didn’t want to speak like an expert but when I look at the two of you, I see a couple who has been each other for long now.”
 
Taeyeon smiled. “It’s nice to know that people see our chemistry. But I don’t think she sees it. You see, she already rejected me a few years ago.”
 
“Why?” Sooyoung took a bite of the cake she ordered.
 
“She couldn’t get over the fact that we’re both girls.” Taeyeon answered.
 
Sooyoung scoffed. “There are people like that, huh? They’re minds are closed with what the society dictates them. This is wrong, don’t do this. Do this so that you’ll be normal just like everyone else. But I prefer to be different and happy.”
 
“You’re right. I just hope she sees that.”
 
Sooyoung continued eating. “You’ll pay for this, right?”
 
Taeyeon chuckled. “ShikShin.”
 
Sooyoung glared at Taeyeon. “Jessica calls me that. That’s only housemate-housemate nickname.”
 
“Sorry!” Taeyeon laughed. “I didn’t know you and Jessica are in the giving nicknames stage already.”
 
Sooyoung ignored her and continued eating.
 
“Since we’re here already, you can open up to me too.”
 
Sooyoung looked up. “No, I’m good.”
 
 
***
 
 
Sooyoung came back just in time when the voting ended. They were just waiting for the initial announcement of the winners. She came back with Taeyeon. Jessica and Tiffany were waiting for them. 
 
“Where did you go?” Jessica asked.
 
“We ate.” Sooyoung grinned.
 
Jessica rolled her eyes. “Again?”
 
Sooyoung nodded happily. Meanwhile Tiffany was questioning Taeyeon. “Why didn’t you call me if you wanted to eat?”
 
“I can eat by myself.” Taeyeon answered. “Unless you want to eat with me so that we can feed each other.”
 
“That’s only for couples.” Tiffany answered.
 
“So do you want us to be a couple?” Taeyeon asked, half-jokingly.
 
Tiffany froze. She didn’t know how to answer that. Taeyeon laughed. Sooyoung and Jessica heard the conversation. 
 
“Nice one, Taeyeon!” Sooyoung high-fived with Taeyeon.
 
Jessica and Tiffany were shocked with their sudden closeness. 
 
Sooyoung noticed how the two were looking at them. “What? She treated me with food. Taeyeon’s my guy.”
 
“Taeyeon’s a girl.” Tiffany blurted out.
 
“But she likes you so that makes her a man.”
 
Tiffany blushed. Everyone’s being straightforward today. 
 
“Why do I have a feeling that them being close is not a good thing?” Jessica whispered.
 
“I think so too.” Tiffany whispered back.
 
 
****
 
 
Siwon walked slowly towards them. They were all holding their breaths. Jessica was probably more nervous than Sooyoung. She’s staring at the girl and watching her reactions. 
 
“No matter what the results are, we’re here for you, Sooyoung.”
 
Sooyoung smiled at her. “Of course. You wouldn’t shake me off that easily.”
 
Siwon made it to them. They couldn’t read his face.
 
“Sooyoung, I’d like to apologize for…”
 
Sooyoung cut him off. “Yeah, yeah. We’re okay, Siwon.” Siwon smiled at her. 
 
“So?” 
 
“I promised Yuri I would wait for her before I announce to you the results.”
 
All groaned in complaint. 
 
“I feel like I’m going to have a heart attack any second now.” Jessica said.
 
Everyone laughed at her.
 
“You’re like a nervous girlfriend here.” Tiffany .
 
“Shut up!” Her glare was no joke. Tiffany looked down in fright.
 
“You’re so adorable, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon told Tiffany.
 
“You’re scary.” Sooyoung told Jessica. Jessica glared at her too. “But adorable. Adorably scary.” Sooyoung smiled as if proud of herself.
 
“Present!” Yuri came running. She recognized Jessica and greeted her. Tiffany and Taeyeon introduced themselves.
 
Sooyoung hit Yuri lightly on the head. “You think you’re important to make us wait?”
 
“Ouch!” Yuri touched her pained head. “I’m sorry. I was stuck in traffic. I wanted to be here for my best friend when she leaps for joy or cry in defeat.”
Now, everybody looked back to Siwon.
 
“Okay. How do I say this?”
 
“Oh God. It’s easy! Did she win or not?” Jessica’s becoming impatient.
 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
,
.
.
.
.
.
.
Siwon slowly formed a smile. “She won.”
 
 
 
 

 

Yey, Sooyoung won! *victory dance*

I amost forgot. There were some typos in the previous chapter. Sorry for the confusion. 

And it's TaeTiSeoSoo stage later. I'm so excited!!