Chapter 32

She

 

 

“Sooyoung, what do you think?” the chairperson of the student council asked.

 

“What about doing a fund raising concert to help the victims of the typhoon?” Sooyoung suggested. “That way, the students will have something to relieve them from all the stress. We can organize a bidding event where organizations will have to bid for our partnership. The winning organizations will buy like a hundred tickets from us and they could sell it.”

 

The chairperson nods and the rest of the council like the idea. “That’s actually a good idea.”

 

“Yeah, it’s a win-win situation. The organizations will get publicity, we earn some profit. We can donate the profit to the victims of the typhoon.” Sooyoung finished.

 

“Can you submit an official proposal for the event?” The chairperson asked Sooyoung.

 

“Sure.” She agreed. She knew that taking up the project will take most of her time now. She will get busier in the coming weeks.

 

*

 

Jessica arrived late at the journalism club meeting. “I’m sorry I’m late.”

 

“Again.” One of the writers commented.

 

“Give her a break.” Taeyeon defended her. They were surprised at how Taeyeon defended her. In the past, Taeyeon always had something bad to say at Jessica.

 

“Oooh, the gay club is defending each other now, huh?” Another member commented. It was meant as a joke but it affected Jessica.

 

“Focus, everyone!” The editor spoke loudly. “Jessica, I have to talk to you after the meeting.”

 

Jessica just nodded. Am I really gay now?

 

**

 

“Jessi, are you okay?” Tiffany asked Jessica. The girl has been quiet ever since her private talk with the editor.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. I was just..thinking.”

 

Tiffany was curious. “About what?”

 

“I have to write this article.”

 

“Oh, what’s so special about this one that made you think like this?”

 

“It’s about gender.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“The article. I have to write about gender in society.” Jessica sighed.

 

Tiffany finally understood why Jessica is acting like this. “That’s complicated.”

 

“That’s not the problem.”

 

Tiffany creased her eyebrows. “Then what is?”

 

“I have to be against the homouals in the article.”

 

“WHAT?!!!”

 

“Apparently, we still have to conform with the traditional Korean culture.”

 

“Yeah, until the 90s. We’re in 2012, for God’s sake. Gay marriage is even allowed in the US now.” Tiffany said. “They can’t control your opinion, right?”

 

**

 

“Baby, I brought dinner!” Sooyoung announced her arrival.

 

“In my room!”

 

Sooyoung placed the food on the kitchen counter and went to Jessica’s room. She found her girlfriend typing on her laptop. “Hey, beautiful.”

 

“Hey.” Jessica didn’t even look at her.

 

“Working on a new article?” Sooyoung sneaked in behind her and kissed her cheek.

 

  Jessica closed her laptop. “Yeah, I got this new assignment.”

 

Jessica turned around to face Sooyoung.

 

“Can’t wait to read it. I’m sure it’ll be great.” Sooyoung gave her a quick peck.

 

“I’m not even sure if I want to accept the article.” Jessica admitted. She can’t possibly criticize the third . She’s in a relationship with a biual and that makes her gay too. She’ll be like a hypocrite if she accepts the article.

 

“Why not?”

 

 “They want me to write something that is against my principles. I can’t do it.”

 

“Then you really have to reject it. You should always write what you believe in. What’s it about anyway?”

 

Jessica decided not to tell Sooyoung. If she’s not going to write it, she doesn’t need to tell Sooyoung and make it a big deal. “Let’s just not talk about it, can we?”

 

“Of course. Come, I brought dinner.” Sooyoung pulled her to the dining room. “I’m sure my hardworking girlfriend has not eaten yet, am I right?”

 

Jessica smiled. Sooyoung is just too caring and sweet. I have a perfect girlfriend, Jessica thought.

 

“I made the right decision.” Jessica mumbled.

 

Sooyoung was preparing the food but she still heard it. “Are you voicing your thoughts?”

 

Jessica realized it just now and blushed.

 

“It’s cute.” Sooyoung grinned. “If you’re thinking about our relationship, accepting me was the best decision you made in your life.”

 

Jessica smiled at the overconfident Sooyoung. “I was thinking about not eating dinner earlier.”

 

“Yeah, right.” Sooyoung pulled a chair for Jessica. “Liar.” She poked Jessica on her waist, tickling the latter.

 

“Sooyoung!” Jessica reacted. It was her weakpoint and Sooyoung knew all about it.

 

“So now you’re calling me Sooyoung. Because for the past few days, I’m pretty sure I’m ‘baby’.” Sooyoung chuckled.

 

“Yah! Stop teasing me!” Jessica’s blushing like crazy.

 

Sooyoung laughed. “Okay, okay. Just eat now.”

 

Jessica complimented the food. “The food’s great. Where’d you buy it?”

 

“A new restaurant opened at the corner of the street. I thought we could try it.” Sooyoung answered. “By the way, I saw Donghae there.”

Jessica froze. She hasn’t told Sooyoung about her recent encounter with her ex. She would not be pleased when she finds out about his intentions. “He’s taking some classes in the university.” She tried to sound calm.

 

Sooyoung opened to speak but Jessica spoke before her. “I saw him yesterday.”

 

“Did he visit you here and that’s why I saw him nearby?”

 

Jessica shook her head. “Oh, no! I wouldn’t have entertained him.”

 

Sooyoung was relieved. “Good then. I can tell the guy still has feelings for you.”

 

“About that…” Jessica didn’t want to hide something like this from Sooyoung but she’s afraid at how will Sooyoung react.

 

“What about it?” Sooyoung put down her spoon. “Sica, you can tell me anything. I won’t overreact, I promise.”

 

Jessica sighed. “He told me that he still has feelings for me and he wants to get me back.” She observed Sooyoung’s face but nothing. “But I have no plans of getting back with him because I have you now!” Jessica defended herself.

 

Sooyoung smiled. “It’s okay, Sica. I trust you.”

 

This time, Jessica is the one relieved. “Thank you.” She touched Sooyoung’s hand which is at the opposite side of the table. “For being the perfect girlfriend.”

 

“If I’m perfect, then how can I describe you?” Sooyoung grinned.

Jessica can’t help but smile. “You cheesy dork. Wipe that smile off your face.”

 

“I’m your cheesy dork.”

 

Jessica blushed AGAIN.

 

***

 

Donghae was waiting for someone at the newly opened restaurant. He stand up when he saw her entering. “It’s nice to see you again, Mrs. Jung.” He extended his hand.

 

 

 


 

Update! 

Don't forget your comments. I'll try to reply to each one of them! :)