Chapter 31

She

 

 

Sooyoung and Jessica have been together for one week now. They’ve been inseparable ever since although they haven’t told anyone, except their closest friends, about the recent change in their relationship status. So to the public, they’re just roommates, close roommates.

 

“Hi, Sooyoung unnie.” A girl suddenly appeared when Sooyoung was eating with Jessica and TaeNy.

 

“Oh my God, I smell trouble.” Tiffany mumbled.

 

“This girl could have enjoyed more years of her life.” Taeyeon jokingly said.

 

Jessica did not react and just watched how Sooyoung would react.

 

Sooyoung has always been nice to everyone. She looked at the girl and smiled. “Hi, do I know you?”

 

“I’m the girl you helped last week.”

 

“Huh?” Sooyoung clearly doesn’t remember the girl.

 

“I almost fell on the stairs and you caught me just in time.” The girl reminded Sooyoung. Obviously, it was a big deal for the girl. For Sooyoung, it was just a normal everyday scenario.

 

Taeyeon laughed, seeing how the girl fell hard for Sooyoung. “This is interesting.” Tiffany was also enjoying this. Jessica was still emotionless.

 

“Oh, that was you? It’s nothing really.”

“I just want to thank you properly. This is for you.”

 

“What’s this?”

 

“I baked a cake for you. I hoped you like it.” The girl’s eyes never left Sooyoung.

 

“In that case, thank you.” Sooyoung smiled to the girl before turning back to her friends. But the girl didn’t leave.

 

“Do you still need something? I thought you’re done here.” Jessica asked with the coldest expression.

 

The girl ignored it and continued to look at Sooyoung instead. “I’m Suzy, by the way, if you wanna know.”

 

“Nice meeting you, Suzy.” Taeyeon shook her hand.

 

“Taeyeon!” Tiffany hit Taeyeon’s arm.

 

“I was just being friendly.” Taeyeon defended herself.

 

Sooyoung saw Jessica’s angry face. She didn’t know how to respond to her fangirl so she settled with an awkward smile.

 

Suzy got the sign a few seconds later and left the table.

 

“What a great show.” Tiffany commented when Suzy was nowhere in sight already.

 

“Baby..” Sooyoung called her girlfriend softly.

 

“Don’t baby me. Suzy might hear you.” Jessica said.

 

“But Sica..don’t be jealous. I only love you.” Sooyoung’s trying to have eye contact with her girlfriend while holding her hands.

 

“Who said I’m jealous?”

 

Taeyeon sighed. “You act like jealous Tiffany. It’s so obvious.”

 

“Yah, I don’t get jealous!”

 

“What was that earlier?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“You held her hands!” Tiffany said loudly.

 

“See? You were jealous.” Taeyeon stuck her tongue out.

 

“Fine, you dork. But this is supposed to be about them.”

 

“Thank God, you didn’t forget we’re still here.” Sooyoung joked.

 

“You know what your problem is?” Tiffany asked the new couple.

 

“What?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“You have to tell everybody about your relationship.”

 

It was actually Sooyoung’s decision to keep it from the public. But she was just thinking about Jessica. She’s aware about the hate messages that Jessica has been receiving ever since rumors of them dating came around. She didn’t want to trouble her more.

 

”I mean, why hide your relationship?” Tiffany continued.

 

“It’s not good for Sooyoung’s political career.” Jessica explained to the other two.

 

Sooyoung held her hands. “It’s not about that, baby. I’m only think about you. What if those crazy admirers find out and took it against you?”

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany resumed to thinking about a solution.

 

Jessica sighed. “Baby, why do you have to be so perfect?” She realized what she said and immediately blushed after.

 

Sooyoung smiled. “So that I could be deserving for you, my highness.”

 

“Ewww! So cheesy!” Tiffany couldn’t handle the cheesiness.

 

Sooyoung and Jessica didn’t mind. They were lost in each other’s stares and finally closed the gap between them, letting everyone know about their relationship.

 

Everyone was surprised to see their vice chairperson kiss Jessica Jung. Sooyoung’s fangirls started crying.

 

The couple pulled apart.

 

Sooyoung bowed at everyone who was watching as a sign that the show is over. She looked back at Jessica who still hasn’t recovered from the kiss. She gave her a quick kiss again before turning to the other couple.

 

“Was that announcement enough?” Sooyoung grinned.

 

“Why do you have to be so perfect, Sooyoung?” Tiffany asked this time.

 

Tiffany earned a glare from Taeyeon.

 

“Sorry, Taetae.” Tiffany kissed Taeyeon’s cheeks.

 

*

 

Jessica was walking to her next class. The building was a little bit far but she decided to walk just to get some exercise. Ever since she got together with Sooyoung, she has been treated like a princess. Now, she feels like it has been a long time since she has walked this far.

 

Jessica noticed that three girls have been following her. She tried to increase her pace to shake off the girls but after a couple of turns, the girls are still behind her. She decided to confront them now.

 

“What do you want?” Jessica asked. Her voice cracked just a little but she tried hard to pretend that she’s not afraid.

 

The girls were surprised at the confrontation. “We’re just walking, unnie.”

 

“Towards the same building? You were walking behind me for ten minutes now. You stopped when I stopped. So stop lying because you can’t fool me.”

 

“She’s scary.” One of the girls whispered.

 

Jessica heard it but she doesn’t know if she’ll be glad with the comment. Being scary is not really a compliment.

 

“What did Sooyoung unnie saw in her?” The other girl whispered but again, too loud for Jessica to hear.

 

Jessica sighed. “So this was about Sooyoung?”

 

The girls looked at each other before one of them spoke again. “We just want to see Sooyoung unnie’s girlfriend.”

 

“You saw me now. Now go.”

 

“Unnie, why are you so rude? Sooyoung unnie deserve someone better.”

 

“She really looked good with Jiyeon unnie.  She’s prettier and so much nicer.”

 

Jessica sighed again. She’s trying to control herself now. But then someone spoke behind her again. “I think this unnie is prettier.” She looked back to confirm who it is.

 

“Donghae.”

 

“Hi, Sica. I missed you.” Donghae smiled at her.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“I’m taking classes in the university.”

 

Jessica was completely taken aback when she saw her ex again.

 

“Unnie, you’re not cheating on Sooyoung unnie, are you?”

 

Jessica shot them a glare. “No, I’m not. Go to your classes. I’m leaving too. Please stop following me.” Jessica told the three girls and started walking away.

 

“Sica, what a cold greeting to someone you know for a long time now.”

 

“Sorry, I’m running late to class and those girls were bothering me so I’m kinda stressed right now.”

 

Donghae laughed. “I see. But why are they following you?”

 

“They’re my girlfriend’s fangirls.”

 

Donghae’s eyes widened in surprise. “What did you say again?”

 

Jessica couldn’t believe that those words came to easily like that. She comfortably announced her relationship. “Ahhh..you heard it right. You met her already. Her name’s Sooyoung. She’s actually the university’s vice-chairperson.”

 

Donghae was still in shock. “You lost me at ‘girlfriend’.

 

Jessica chuckled. “I can’t believe this also but yes, I have a girlfriend. I’m in love with a girl.”

 

Donghae forced a smile. “Are you serious about this, Sica? Maybe it’s just a phase.”

 

Jessica smiled and shook her head. “I’m sure it’s not. I’m head over heels for her.”

 

“Does your mom know?”

 

Jessica felt guilty all of a sudden. She hasn’t told her mom about her new relationship, moreover, that it’s with a girl. “Not yet.”

 

“You should tell her soon.”

 

Her mom really liked Donghae so she did not have any problem with their relationship in the past. But what about Sooyoung?

 

“Maybe I will.”

 

“I can’t promise you I will be quiet about it when I see bump into your mom.”

 

“Oh please, Donghae. Mind your own business.” Jessica did not like what Donghae was getting at. “And it’s not as if I’m doing something bad.” Jessica continued.

 

“But you’re with a relationship with a girl! The fact that you can’t see what’s wrong in that is the most serious problem.”

 

Jessica scoffed. “The fact that I don’t care means that you have no right to worry about it. I’m going, I have a class.” Jessica fixed her bag on her shoulder. “I wish I could say it was nice seeing you again, Donghae.”

 

“I only care about you Sica, please remember that.”

 

“I only care about her right now. So please leave us alone, Donghae.” Jessica walked away.

 

Donghae just watched her leave. “I’ll get you back, Sica. No matter what it takes.”

 

 



 

 

Update!

Hi there! 

I dont know if this fic is ending soon depending on how fast i can update. But i decided not to rush this. 

A rush plot is too messy. It's below my standard as an author.

So I'm going to just go with the flow and write as many chapters as i can to include all my planned dramas smoothly.

I'll start writing a new fic after. :)

Don't forget your comments. :))