Chapter 10

She

 

 

 

“Hey, buddy!” Yuri greeted Sooyoung once she got of the car.

“Hey.” After Sooyoung greeted her back, she rushed to open Jessica’s door.

“You brought Jiyeon along?” Yuri asked. She doesn’t need another answer when she saw a new face got off the car.

“Thank you.” Jessica thanked Sooyoung for opening the door for her.

“No problem. I got to be kind to my journalist, right?”

“I’m not your journalist.” Jessica denied.

Sooyoung laughed. “Whatever you say.” Then she noticed Yuri again. “Oh Yuri, this is Jessica. She’s writing an article about me.”

Yuri and Jessica greeted each other. Then Yuri turned to Sooyoung. “I thought you brought Jiyeon along.”

Sooyoung frowned. “You know Jiyeon…I would probably host a party if she agrees to go here.”

“Yeah, yeah. You’re girlfriend is all about party and shopping.”

Sooyoung hit her in the arm. “Are you making fun of my girlfriend?”

“Ouch! I’m just stating a fact. You should date someone like Jessica over here.” Yuri noticed how Jessica is looking at Sooyoung so she decided to get her in the conversation.

Jessica who has been listening to their conversation was surprised when she heard her own name.

Sooyoung chuckled at Jessica’s surprise reaction. “Yah, Yuri! Don’t scare her.”

“What? I think you guys look good together. And the fact that she went with you here means that she’s willing to help other people, right? That makes her a good person.”

“Shut up, Kwon Yul. You’re implying that Jiyeon is not a good person.”

“I’m not. I’m just saying there may be a better person for you.”

Jessica watched the two friends argue, a little worried that things may get heated up. She coughed to break the cold atmosphere.

“Sorry Jessica for hearing us argue. See? That’s one flaw. I  just lost my temper.” She smiled to Jessica.

“While still protecting your girlfriend. That’s not a flaw.” Jessica mumbled to herself. Sooyoung didn’t hear it but Yuri did. She laughed upon hearing what Jessica said. Jessica turned to Yuri, embarrassed for what Yuri heard.

“Let’s go. The kids are waiting for me.” Sooyoung walked ahead of them.

Yuri nudged Jessica with her elbow. “You think she’s perfect, huh?”

Jessica blushed. “No! I know she’s not.”

Yuri is enjoying teasing Jessica. “They say no one’s perfect but if there’s someone close to perfect, it’s Choi Sooyoung. Don’t tire yourself too much. Just like her.”

Jessica’s eyes widened. “What are you talking about?”

Yuri’s smiling widely. “I see the way you look at her, Jessica.”

“I don’t understand you.” Jessica tried to look innocent. She hated herself for being so obvious. But the thing is, she couldn’t refrain herself from watching Sooyoung. She knew then that she could not let Yuri know about her feelings. She might tell Sooyoung. That’s the last thing Jessica would like to happen. “Oh, I still have to do my article. I think we should follow Sooyoung now.”

“Oooh..You miss her already.” Yuri teases Jessica. Jessica glared at her.

Yuri was frightened for a bit. “Okay, follow me.”

 

*

 

Jessica saw Sooyoung being hugged by all these kids. The kids seemed very excited to see Sooyoung. Yuri is standing beside her. “The kids really love her.”

Jessica glanced at Yuri for a while before turning her gaze back to Sooyoung again. Sooyoung saw them looking at her. She managed to carry two kids to her while the other kids follow her.

“I came with another friend today.” Sooyoung said.

“Is she your girlfriend?” asked one of the kids. The kids have always wanted to meet Sooyoung’s girlfriend.

Sooyoung was about to deny it but Yuri spoke earlier than her. “Yes. She is Sooyoung’s girlfriend. Isn’t she beautiful?”

“Yuri!” Sooyoung and Jessica said at the same time.

Yuri approached Sooyoung and whispered to her. “C’mon, just go with it. The kids want to meet your girlfriend and if you’re planning to be with Jiyeon for a long time, the kids won’t know your girlfriend any time soon. I could not imagine Jiyeon setting her feet in this place.”

“What’s your name?” One of the kids tugged Jessica’s shirt.

Jessica sat down to her level. “Hi there. I’m Jessica. What’s your name?” Jessica is not really good with kids. In fact, she’s feeling awkward now. But she wants to make an effort for these cute kids.

“I’m Sulli. Is Sooyoung unnie really your girlfriend?”

“No..” Jessica started speaking but Sooyoung interrupted her. “Yes, she is my girlfriend.” The kids cheered and teased Sooyoung and Jessica. Jessica gave this weird look at Sooyoung. Sooyoung just mouthed “Please”.

“Carry me!” Sulli told Jessica. Jessica didn’t know what to do. She hasn’t carried a baby or a child ever before.

“Carry me!” Sulli whined. “I wanna be carried by a Sooyoung unnie’s girlfriend.”

Jessica started panicking. She looked at Sooyoung to seek for help. Sooyoung saved her upon seeing the look on her face. “Sulli, I will carry you if I don’t Baekhyun and Chanyeol in my arms right now. I’ll carry you later.”

Sulli stomped her feet. “But I want Sooyoung unnie’s girlfriend.” Then, tears started to fall from her eyes.

Jessica just lifted Sulli in her arms. “Look, I’m carrying you now. Stop crying, princess.”

Sulli suddenly stopped crying and hugged Jessica.

“Thank you.” Sooyoung told Jessica with this beautiful smile. Jessica felt weak in the knees after seeing her smile that she almost lost her balance. She adjusted Sulli in her arms.

 

**

 

Jiyeon is hanging out with her friends. They were on the mall doing last minute shopping before tonight’s party.

“Hey, are you still dating Sooyoung?” One of her friends asked.

“Yes.” Jiyeon let out a big sigh. “I don’t know.”

“What do you mean? You’re having problems?”

“She doesn’t have time for me.” Jiyeon let out a big sigh again. “I miss her.”

“There are tons of hot guys who’ll line up for you, Jiyeon.” Another friend told her.

“But they’re not Sooyoung!” Jiyeon raised her tone.

“Of course. They’re hot guys!”

“Give her a break, girls. Jiyeon loves Sooyoung.” A third friend interfered.

“Oh, look who’s talking. Nana, you're just frustrated becauseTaeyeon doesn't like you that way.” The second friend said.

“When did this conversation become about me and Taeyeon?” Nana shot a look at her friends.

 

***

 

“It’s eating time.” Yuri announced. The kids gathered around the table. Jessica came late and she wasn’t able to get a seat. She then felt Sulli’s hand pulling her towards Sooyoung.

“You can just sit at Sooyoung’s lap, unnie.” Sulli pushed Jessica to sit at Sooyoung’s lap. Jessica quickly stood up from Sooyoung’s lap but she lost her balance. She ended up on Sooyoung’s lap again. She flinched when she felt Sooyoung’s hands on her waist. “It’s okay. Are you comfortable?”

Jessica nodded. Sooyoung can’t see it but Jessica’s face has turned really red right now.

Yuri gave her thumbs up to Sulli.

“Sooyoung, why aren’t you eating? You’re not hungry? This is so not you.” Yuri has another plan on her head.

“It’s okay. I’ll just eat after Jessica.” Jessica realized that Sooyoung couldn’t eat because she’s sitting on Sooyoung’s lap.

“Jessica, why don’t you take care of your girlfriend and feed her?” Yuri suggested with a smile inside her mind.

Jessica and Sooyoung glared at Jessica at the same time.

“Yes, unnie. Feed her.” Baekhyun urged Jessica.

Jessica shyly feed Sooyoung. “You don’t need to do this,” said Sooyoung.

“Just eat.” Jessica brought the food near Sooyoung’s mouth. Sooyoung ate it.

Yuri watched them happily. Sooyoung sent her a look, “I’m gonna kill you, Kwon Yuri.”

“But you like it.” Yuri replied while grinning to her best friend.

 

 



 

 

 

Update. I was supposed to update last night but I lost my internet connection.

I still don't have it now and I'm actually on a internet cafe right now. hehe

I need comments. please! :))