Chapter 12

She

 

 
Monday came and it was like any other day for both Jessica and Sooyoung. Or at least that’s what they thought when they woke up. The minute they arrived in campus, they knew something happened.
 
People were whispering behind Sooyoung’s back. They were eyeing her like they know something. Sooyoung smiled at them, not as part of the campaign but because she just likes to smile at people in general.
 
She walked in to their meeting for the election and Siwon was looking at her weirdly.
 
“So here’s our star.”
 
“What the hell, Siwon?! Let’s just talk about the campaign.” Sooyoung has gotten enough of the weird stares already.
 
“Have you seen the official newspaper of your college, Sooyoung?”
 
“Nope.” Sooyoung answered as she took a seat. She pulled out a sandwich from her bag. 
 
Siwon tossed the newspaper to her. Sooyoung looked at it lazily and without any interest at all. Her eyes grew wide when she saw the front page.
 
“What the hell is this?!”
 
“Do you really want me to summarize the article for you?”
 
Sooyoung ignored her. She put aside her sandwich and read the article. The front page has a picture of her with Jessica with the kids. They could have taken a less intriguing picture but they had to publish the one when she has Jessica on her lap was feeding Sooyoung.
 
“Oh, .”
 
“I said something more awful than that when I saw this article. Do you know how this will affect your campaign?”
 
Sooyoung facepalmed herself.
 
 
*
 
On the other side of the campus…
 
“Good morning!” Jessica greeted Tiffany. She’s in a good mood that she decided to ignore the weird stares people are giving to her since she arrived.
 
Tiffany smiled at her nervously. “You seem to in a good mood today.”
 
“I just had a great weekend.”
 
“Did that great weekend involve Sooyoung?”
 
Jessica noticed how weird Tiffany is acting. She nodded slowly. “Why are you looking at me like that?”
 
Tiffany was still contemplating how she should tell her best friend. “Uhm…”
 
Suddenly, Taeyeon appeared and handed Jessica a newspaper. “You should be writing for the front page, not be in it.
 
Jessica’s eyes seemed like they were going to pop out when she saw herself with Sooyoung in a very controversial picture. “Oh .”
 
“Wow, that was too mild of a reaction. I expected you to curse and say really awful things.”
 
“What’s going to happen to Sooyoung’s campaign?”
 
Tiffany laughed. She was too worried for her best friend and here is Jessica worrying about Sooyoung. “Jessi, you’re too cute.”
 
Taeyeon flinched. Tiffany noticed it. “Are you okay?"
 
Jessica suddenly took off. “Jessi!” Tiffany called her but Jessica soon disappeared.
 
“She does run like that when she’s late to her classes. But for Sooyoung…Oh, she’s too adorable.” 
 
Taeyeon flinched again. Tiffany couldn’t let it go this time. “What’s the matter with you? You look like you’re in pain. Am I making you comfortable or something?”
 
Taeyeon sighed heavily. “I can’t believe how dense you are.”
 
“How was your date with Nana last week?” Tiffany wanted to slap herself for what slipped from .
 
Taeyeon was taken aback. It took a while before she replied. “Why are you asking?”
 
“B-because I am your best friend, Kim Taeyeon!” She’s about to pour her feelings now. She knew there was no going back now but she realized she’s not ready yet.
 
She turned around and planned to escape. But Taeyeon held her by her arm and pulled her into an empty room.
 
“Taeyeon, let me go!” Tiffany tried to escape Taeyeon’s grip. She couldn’t but then Taeyeon just let her go. 
 
“I was your best friend! But that was until you pushed me away!”
 
Tiffany couldn’t agree to what Taeyeon said. “You left me!”
 
“You rejected me!” Taeyeon didn’t even realize how loud she said that. They grew quiet for some time. They sat away from each other at the opposite sides of the room. Taeyeon was trying to compose herself then she heard sounds coming from the other girl. She is crying.
 
She felt weak when she saw Tiffany crying. She walked slowly towards where Tiffany is sitting and crying. She kneeled in front of Tiffany and touched her arm. “I’m sorry. Please don’t cry.”
 
Tiffany cried even more. “You.. hate.. me.” She buried her face again.
 
Taeyeon wished she could just tell her that she feels the complete opposite. But she didn’t want to scare the Tiffany away. Not again. 
 
“I don’t hate you. It’s just that things have changed after you rejected me.” Tiffany just continued crying. “I know we promised that nothing will change but we knew then that everything can’t just go back to normal.”
 
Tiffany managed to calm herself a little. “But you left me.”
 
“I had to. I was hurt and I needed to get away from you to move on.” Taeyeon wiped Tiffany’s tears.
 
“Have you moved on?” Tiffany didn’t know what she wanted for an answer but she just had to ask this question.
 
“I think so.” Taeyeon answered. With that, Tiffany didn’t know how to react. Am I happy? She asked herself.
 
“Then can we go back to being friends?” They couldn’t get their best friend relationship, Tiffany’s willing to build her friendship with Taeyeon again.
 
Taeyeon did not answer her question. “Come here.” She spread her arms and pulled Tiffany towards her. They hugged each other for a while. It was almost three years ago since they were this close to each other.
 
 
 
**
 
Back to Sooyoung’s meeting…
 
“Last week survey showed that the students love you. They actually liked you as in the whole you. Your gender turned out to be a great advantage. The males thought you’re cool while the girls fell for your charm.”
 
Sooyoung was not into the conversation so much as she was thinking of two other things. One: Did Jiyeon somehow saw the article already. And two: Is Jessica alright after seeing this?
 
“Choi Sooyoung, are you even listening to me?” 
 
Sooyoung just nodded. 
 
“As I was saying…Your perfect image will be tarnished with this issue. I will not ask what are you doing with that girl but at least give me some heads up when you’re about to do an outrageous thing like that.”
 
Sooyoung scoffed. “We did not do anything! Why are you making me sound like a cheater?!”
 
“I was just saying that I don’t care about what you did. I care about you winning the election.”
 
Sooyoung frowned. “When has this become me just winning? I thought we’re doing this because you know that I can bring a good change in this university.” She was disappointed with Siwon. She considered Siwon as a good friend.
 
“Yes, that’s why you have to win.”
 
“But why I do I get the feeling that you can do everything just to win? Now, you choose to be blinded with one of them and see me as this perfect girl.” Sooyoung stood up from her seat.
 
“Where are you going, Sooyoung? We still have to fix this mess.”
 
“Do what you want. I still have to fix the real mess. Not this campaign but the people I care about.”
 
She went out of the room only to see the girl she has been wanting to see. 
 
“Sooyoung, we need to talk.”
 
 
***
 
 
“Jiyeon…” 
 
Slap. Sooyoung touched her face as she felt the pain that came with that slap. 
 
“Baby, it’s not what you think…”
 
“You told me you are busy with the campaign that you couldn’t even see me, your girlfriend. But apparently, you have time to being sweet and cuddly with this girl on your lap!” How Sooyoung wished Jiyeon could be calm right now. But she is far from being calm right now. Jiyeon shove a copy of the newspaper into Sooyoung’s face.
 
“Baby, please let me explain. She’s just a friend…”
 
“If that’s so, I would love to be your friend so that I could spend more time with you.” Jiyeon said.
 
“Jiyeon, let’s go somewhere else and talk.” Sooyoung grabbed her hands but Jiyeon remove her hands form Sooyoung’s grip.
“We’re not going anywhere because this conversation is over. We are over!” 
 
Sooyoung froze. “Jiyeon, you don’t mean that. Just let your head cool off for a while and then we’ll talk.” Sooyoung wrapped her arms around Jiyeon.
“I’m tired, Sooyoung.” 
 
Sooyoung was still hugging Jiyeon. Then, she saw Jessica from across the hall. She wants to talk to Jessica but she still has Jiyeon to take care of. She didn’t understand but she has this desire to run to Jessica and hug her. She felt the pain when she realized how far Jessica is from her.
 
Jessica was looking for Sooyoung when she saw her hugging her girlfriend tightly. She was hurt to see her with another girl. She stopped running and just watched them from afar. Sooyoung looked at her direction. Jessica was sure that Sooyoung saw her. 
 
Jessica turned around and started walking away. Then it her. This is not just a simple crush anymore. She’s falling for her.
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
Hi there! You want some good news?
 
I'm officially on vacation! I will be able to update regularly now. It's only for two weeks though. 
 
Anyway, SooSicpheres come out! 
 
We have this new Tumblr account http://summerandwinter2224.tumblr.com/. Follow us! 
 
Let's spazz about our Summer and Winter together. :)
 
Another anyway. Do you want to know Fany's feelings? Listen to this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOOBrUODFJo. It's Christian Bautista's version of Only Reminds Me Of You. (Yes, I'm a Filipina.)
 
How could I ever let you know
Is is too late to let you know
 
Bye! xD