Chapter 38

She

 

 

“You’re going out.” Sooyoung asked Jessica. She was aware that Jessica has no classes today.

 

“Oh yeah. Christmas shopping.” Jessica didn’t lie. She’s really going to shop for gifts but she has other business to attend to.

 

“Oh. So you’re going to buy my gift.” Sooyoung said. She watched Jessica as the other one fix herself in the mirror. “You’re beautiful as you are.”

 

Jessica did not answer. Her mind is somewhere else. Sooyoung ignored Jessica’s lack response and instead finish her bowl of cereals.

 

She was cleaning up when she heard Jessica’s voice across the living room. “I’m going. See you later. Love you, babe!”

 

Sooyoung sighed. “She forgot my goodbye kiss.” She saw the time when she glanced at the wallclock. “The mall’s not even open yet.”

 

 

*

 

 

Jessica anxiously waits at the restaurant. She checks the door every time it opens. She’s a little bit early but she didn’t want to stay longer in the apartment. She hates lying to Sooyoung and she felt bad about it.

 

He finally arrived. Donghae was looking handsome just with his casual clothes. But Jessica doesn’t feel any attraction with the guy approaching him. She’s here to finish this deal.

 

“One date, Donghae.”

 

“Okay. But if you change your mind later, I’ll be happy to take you to another date.” The guy smiled at him. “Have you ordered?”

 

“Not yet. I’m not hungry.” Jessica said. She’s determined not to show any hint of happiness on this date.

 

“C’mon. Don’t be like that. You agreed on this date so might as well do your part and act like you’re actually here with me.”

 

“Fine. Just order me anything.”

 

Donghae smiled again. He ordered Jessica’s favorite food as he remembered.

 

“I’m sorry, baby.”

 

 

**

 

 

“Where are you going?” Yuri asked Sooyoung.

 

“I have to meet someone.” Sooyoung answered.

 

“You’ve just arrived. Why are you in a hurry to leave again?”

 

“I told you, I have to meet someone. I’ll be quick and I won’t be late for class.” Sooyoung said.

 

“Are you cheating on Jessica?” Yuri blocked her way.

 

“Are you crazy?!” Sooyoung knocked Yuri’s head.

 

“I was just asking.” Yuri whined.

 

“I don’t like those silly questions. Now, get out of my way.”

 

 

***

 

 

“I wonder what will Sooyoung say if she finds out about this.”

 

“I’ll tell her soon.”

 

“I can save you the energy. I can tell her right away.” Donghae said.

 

“Don’t you dare.” Jessica glared at him.

 

“I love it when you’re mad. You’re so cute.”

 

“Shut up.” Jessica checked the time for the fifth time. She just want to leave.

 

 

****

 

 

“Thanks for coffee.”

 

“Sorry again. How was the shirt?”

 

“I’m sure it’ll be good as new after it’s been washed.”

 

They walked in silence.

 

“Do you have class?” Suzy asked. She wanted to spend more time with the girl.

 

“My class will start in thirty minutes. I just rushed here to get your payment.”

 

“Sorry for the inconvenience.” Suzy looked down, feeling bad.

 

Sooyoung chuckled. “Stop saying sorry. I’m not mad. So goodbye then?”

 

“Let me walk you to class.” Suzy offered. She needed an excuse to spend more time with Sooyoung. “As final apology.”

 

“Okay.” Sooyoung just agreed.

 

 

*****

 

Jessica was about to pay the bill when Donghae stopped her. “Let me.”

 

“At least let me pay for what I ate.” Jessica insisted. She didn’t want to feel indebted to Donghae.

 

“Why are you stubborn?”

 

“So I’ve been informed.”

 

Donghae couldn’t do anything and let Jessica pay for her part.

 

They walked out of the restaurant. Jessica was walking fast while Donghae followed her behind. “Hey, our date isn’t over.” He bumped into Jessica as the other girl frozenly stood there.

 

“Hey, why did you stop?” Donghae followed Jessica’s gaze. He saw an equally shocked Sooyoung looking from Jessica to him. “Oh, it’s the soon-to-be ex-girlfriend.”

 

Jessica didn’t know what to say. She didn’t fail to notice that Sooyoung is with Suzy. Her jealousy almost took over but when her eyes caught Sooyoung’s eyes, she felt nothing but guilt.

 

“Sooyoung…”

 

“You didn’t tell me you were out in a date.” Sooyoung’s eyes travelled back to Donghae who was now smiling.

 

“It’s not what you think.”

 

“I think it’s exactly what I think.” Sooyoung did not look back and walked away from the scene. She walked as fast as she can.

 

Jessica’s brain stopped working that time. It’s taking her long to process everything that’s happening. All she feared to happen just happened. She didn’t know what to do.

 

“What a drama. Good for me.” Donghae laughed.

 

Suzy just stood there. She likes Sooyoung but she doesn’t want her hurt either. She’s not a bad person. “Go, talk to her.”

 

 Jessica finally realized what she has to do. She doesn’t like to run but she tried hardest to catch up with Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung did not go that far because she stopped also to process everything. Jessica finally caught up with her.

 

“Sooyoung.” She called her. It was soft but Sooyoung heard the voice from behind.

 

“It hurts.”

 

Jessica’s heart broke to see Sooyoung like this. The other girl has always showed her tough side and this side of her is new to her.

 

“Please let me explain.” Jessica doesn’t even care if they’re in public now. All she cares about is to fix the situation. A tear escaped her eyes.

 

“I thought we’re doing okay. We’re happy.”

 

“He blackmailed me, babe. I went out with him for the scholarship.”

 

People are started to look at them. A lot of them recognized the couple. Jessica saw Sooyoung’s car parked across the street. “Babe, people are looking. Let’s continue this in your car.”

 

Sooyoung looked at her, still with confusion in her eyes. She didn’t move from her place.

 

“Please, babe. Give me a chance to explain.”

She was relieved when Sooyoung began walking towards the car and she followed. When they’re finally inside, Sooyoung still refused to look at Jessica in the eyes.

 

“I didn’t cheat on you, babe. I was only doing it for the scholarship. Just one date, babe.”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me? You didn’t think that I would understand?” Sooyoung asked her coldly.

 

“I was going to tell you..”

 

“But you didn’t. It’s almost the same as lying.”

 

Jessica didn’t know what to say next. What Sooyoung said was true. She hates herself for being stupid. One wrong decision and now her world is falling apart. She suddenly remembered Suzy.

 

“What were you doing with Suzy?”

 

Sooyoung scoffed. “So you’re trying to turn the table here?”

 

Jessica didn’t answer.

 

Sooyoung was about to get out of the car but Jessica grabbed her hand. “Sooyoung, I’m sorry. Let’s fix this.”

 

“I have class.” Sooyoung answered coldly.

 

“What’s going to happen to us?”

 

“You should have asked yourself before you went on a date with your ex.” Sooyoung left.

 

Jessica stayed in the car. Crying. Alone.

 

 

 

 


 

I know promised I'll update before we leave for Cebu. So here it is. :)

I know the chapter is heartbreaking. I'm sorry.

I know you want to fix SooSica. I want that too.

I know that I'd love to read your comments. They make me happy. 

Enough with the "I knows". Are you excited for tomorrow? No, not the end of the world, silly.

About the song to be released! Or whatever it is that will be released tomorrow. It's still SNSD and I can't wait.

Oh wait, I can't spazz here. HAHA. I talk too much.

Bye for now. :))