Chapter 22

She

A/N: I promised some TaeNy. About that...can I do that next chapter? I can't do it without this chapter.


 

Jessica met up with Tiffany in their usual hangout to have some milktea. Jessica has been sitting there but still Tiffany hasn’t notice her presence as she was in a deep thought. Jessica kept talking about their coming finals. Tiffany didn’t hear a thing. Finally, Jessica noticed her distracted friend.

“You do know I’m here, right?”

But she did not get any answer. She hit Tiffany’s arm lightly.

“Awww!” Tiffany finally gave a response. “What’s the matter with you?”

“You were spacing out.”

“Wow, coming from the person who spaces out always.” Tiffany checked her phone then frowned.

Jessica watched Tiffany’s expression changes and finally got it. “You’re waiting for a text from Taeyeon.”

Tiffany sighed. “I’m waiting for a call! I haven’t seen her for a couple of days now. And yes, I admit, I miss her. I wanna hear her voice.”

Jessica hummed. “Love…Lalala~”

“She’s not going to confess to me again, Jessi.” Tiffany covered her face with her palm.

“What makes you say that? Based from her actions, she still loves you.” Jessica comforted her friend.

“I already hurt her too much back then.”

“But if she confesses again, will you say yes this time?”

It took a while for Tiffany to give an answer. She knew her answer perfectly well by now. She had not been sleeping well these past few days because of her unknown feelings for Taeyeon. But now, it’s all clear to her and this will be the first time she’ll be admitting her feelings out loud.

“Yes…” Tiffany revealed.

Jessica squealed in happiness. “Really?! Oh my God! OMG! I can’t believe this. My best friend’s in love. Then why don’t you just confess?!”

“I can’t do that.”

“Why not?”

“I don’t know how to do it. She may reject me. I won’t be able to take it.”

“Call her now.” Jessica suddenly said.

“What for?”

“You told me you miss her voice. So call her. Nothing will happen if you’ll just sulk there by yourself all day. Do something before it’s too late.”

“Why are you acting like an expert now? You’re not even official with Sooyoung.” Tiffany blurted out.

“Shut up. Just call Taeyeon or I’ll do it for you.” Jessica tried snatching Tiffany’s phone away from the girl but Tiffany was quick to pull away.

Tiffany dialed Taeyeon’s number. After a couple of rings, the other girl answered.

“Hello, Fany?”

“Taetae. Where are you? I mi-“

She stopped speaking when she heard another voice from the other line. She’s familiar with the voice.

Taeyeon spoke. “I’m at Nana’s house right now. She invited me over.”

Tiffany’s world fell at the news. “You’re just hanging out there for the whole day?”

“Well, she wants to watch a movie. Maybe we’ll go out. Why? Do you need me for something?”

“No. It’s just that I haven’t seen you around these past few days.” Tiffany said with a sad tone.

“Sorry. I had things to do. I was busy.”

Busy? Then why are you with Nana?

“It’s okay. I understand. See you soon.” She did not even wait for Taeyeon’s response. She hung up. She immediately covered her face and made crying sounds.

Jessica saw Tiffany’s expression while on the phone. She wanted to know the details.

“What did she say?”

“She’s with Nana. God, I hate that girl!”

“That’s what happens when you try to deny your feelings all this while. Somebody else will snatch her from you. Tiff, just confess and get your girl!”

“I might be too late, Jessi. Nana did tell me that she’s planning to confess to Taeyeon. What if she’s planning to do it tonight? Jessi, Taeyeon’s mine!”

“But Taeyeon loves you too! It’s so obvious. She cares about you a lot.”

“Maybe she cares for me as a best friend.”

“Do you see me care for you like that? I’m your best friend too. But I don’t go around with you everywhere, feed you, carry your bag and stares at you when you’re not looking.”

Tiffany considered it for a while. “You have a point right there.” They both laughed.

“For the record, I’m not a bad best friend.” Jessica felt like she had to defend herself. “It’s just that what Taeyeon does, how she acts, it’s not like a best friend.”

Tiffany is more confident now. “You really think so?”

Jessica nodded. Then, she went back to her phone, texting her housemate.

“Maybe you’re right. I’ll confess to her soon.”

Tiffany’s waiting for a response from her friend. But when she looked at Jessica, she’s already busy with her phone.

“Just one text from Sooyoung, you forgot about me already.”

Jessica continued to ignore her.

“Yeah, do that. I hate you.”

Jessica smiled at Tiffany. “I told Sooyoung where we are. She’ll be here soon. It’s okay, right?”

“You already invited her over. What I can I do?” Tiffany answered. “Just don’t be too lovey dovey with each other please.”

Jessica laughed. “We’re just friends. Housemates to be exact. Don’t misunderstand.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “That’s the lamest label ever. Apparently, you hold hands with your housemate now.”

“When did we-?”

She was cut by Tiffany. “I saw you holding hands yesterday. You didn’t think I saw you, right? I’ve got eagle eyes, you know.”

“She just helped me when I got off of the car.” Jessica defended herself.

“Oh yeah, with matching lingering gaze? I swear it looked like a scene in a movie. It was even in slow motion.” Tiffany laughed after having said that.

Jessica was embarrassed. She didn’t think Tiffany had seen the whole scene.

They heard someone cleared . When they turned to look, they saw Sooyoung’s smiling face.

“Hi, girls.” She smiled to Tiffany. When she caught Jessica’s eyes, she winked.

Jessica smiled shyly. Tiffany saw the whole thing again. “Hi, Sooyoung!”

Sooyoung sat beside Jessica.
 
“Have you eaten?” Jessica asked her.

Sooyoung shook her head with a pout. Jessica found the sight too cute and she couldn’t help but pinch Sooyoung’s cheeks. “Then, you go order your food. We’ve already eaten. We don’t want a hungry Sooyoung. She’s a grouch.”

“But I don’t want to be away from you again.” Sooyoung answered.

Jessica was embarrassed because her best friend is hearing all this. Tiffany giggled. “It’s okay, Sica. I don’t misunderstand things.”

Jessica stuck her tongue out to her best friend. She urged Sooyoung to buy her food. She went out to buy food for a while.

“Can I tell her?”

It took a while before Tiffany realized what she’s talking about. “NO!”

“But she can help. She knows these things.”

“But she’s loyal to Taeyeon. That girl bribed Sooyoung with food!”

Jessica laughed. She saw Sooyoung coming back with her burger. “I’ll tell her, okay?” Jessica told Tiffany.

“You’ll always do what you like. Whatever.”

“What are you talking about?” Sooyoung asked when she saw the two girls arguing from afar.

Jessica smiled at Tiffany before speaking. “Tiffany will confess to Taeyeon!”

Sooyoung almost dropped her burger. “What?!” She looked at Tiffany to confirm it. Tiffany just smiled shyly.

“What happened to being straight?” Sooyoung recalled her conversation with Taeyeon.

“Turns out I’m not, okay?!”

Sooyoung laughed. “These girls…” She looked from Tiffany to Jessica.

“What are you implying, Sooyoung?” Jessica questioned her.

“I’m not implying anything. I just find it funny that both of you kept saying you are straight.” Sooyoung chuckled. “It’s funny, right?”

The two girls did not find it funny. “It’s not funny.” Jessica stated.

Sooyoung stopped laughing. “Sorry.”

“Now, are you going to help me confess? I’m not good with these things. It’ll be my first time, you know.”

“Why will I share my own style of confessing?”

“I can treat you with food.” Tiffany sounded desperate. She really has no idea on how to do this.


“Now, you’re talking.” Sooyoung smiled.

She remembered Jessica beside her. She covered Jessica’s ears with her hands. Jessica tried removing it.

“Sooyoung, what are you doing?”

“Cover your ears, Sica~” Sooyoung whined.

“Why would I do that?” Jessica removed Sooyoung’s hands completely.

“I might use the same method when I confess to you.”

Jessica blushed really hard.

Tiffany laughed at her best friend.

 

 


 

I had to give you the heads up before you started reading because I didn't want to disappoint you while reading the update.

You might look for the nonexisting TaeNy moment. hahaha. Just be patient, okay?

Anyway, Sooyoung's "boom boom boom" in Paparazzi? AKSLDJWEAMSFWGAq...I love it! I love Sooyoung. And Fany's "Ratata"!!! But Sooyoung's boom boom boom is awesome, right?! hahaha. i can't count how many times i've watched the two versions.

Sorry for that.  still can't get over it. :))