Chapter 25

She

 

 
 
It was the weekend. Jessica asked Tiffany to shop with her to release some stress from school. It has always been their bonding activity because they share the common interest in fashion. This time around, Tiffany didn’t show much interest shopping. She kept glancing on her phone every now and then, texting her girlfriend.
 
“Fany, you’re boring. Can we have fun shopping? If not, you have to surrender your phone to me.”
 
Tiffany was in a good mood so she just smiled to Jessica. “I don’t have to do that, Jessi. You’re just jealous because Taeyeon and I are official already.”
 
“But I don’t like Taeyeon.” Jessica retaliated.
 
Tiffany laughed. “Of course I wasn’t talking about you and my Taetae. I was referring to you and Sooyoung.”
 
“Oh.”
 
Tiffany went back to texting. Jessica tried snatching her phone from her but Tiffany was too quick and strong for her.
 
“WHAT?! SHE”S GOING TO MEET NANA TODAY?!!” Tiffany suddenly said at the top of her lungs. People stopped to look at her. Jessica was embarrassed but she assured the people around that everything’s okay and apologized for her friend’s behalf.
 
“What’s the matter with you?!” Jessica asked, still embarrassed because of the unwanted attention that they got thanks to Tiffany’s loud voice.
 
“My girlfriend is about to go on a date with the girl who confessed to her last week. That’s the problem.” Tiffany is still talking in a loud voice.
 
“Can you please lower your voice a bit?” Jessica requested. She pulled Tiffany to sit on the bench near them. “Who said it was a date? They’re just best friends doing stuff together. What’s a simple lunch?”
 
“Jessi, two people eating together with the other having feelings for the other one. They’re alone. I’m pretty sure it’s a date.”
 
“They were hanging out like that before you even got together with Taeyeon.”
 
“But that’s the point. We’re together now. Taeyeon’s my girlfriend now. Let’s see, what would you feel if Sooyoung goes out to lunch or dinner with Jiyeon?”
 
This made Jessica quiet. It hurts just imagining Sooyoung back with her ex-girlfriend.
 
“See, Jessi! And Sooyoung’s not even yours yet.”
 
Tiffany won the argument. Jessica just stayed quiet as she watched Tiffany dialed Taeyeon’s number.
 
“Taetae! What will you do with Nana?” Tiffany doesn’t want to sound like a jealous wife so she She controlled her tone. But being her best friend for so many years now, Taeyeon found out anyway.
 
“Fany, we’ll just eat lunch. Please don’t be jealous. Trust me.”
 
There’s no use in denying it to Taeyeon anymore. “I trust you but knowing that she has feelings for you worries me. Actually I’m worried for you. I don’t know what I can do if she makes a move on you.” Tiffany is just joking now. She realized that she has nothing to worry about because she believes in Taeyeon’s love for her.
Taeyeon laughed at Tiffany’s remarks. “Maybe I should just cancel. I don’t want to lose a friend.” 
 
Tiffany laughed with her. “But seriously, it’s okay with me. I don’t want to control you in any way.”
 
“I love you.” Taeyeon said. She still can’t believe that the girl of her dreams is actually her girlfriend now.
 
Tiffany’s smile widened when she heard what Taeyeon said. “I love you too.” She toned down her voice because she was too shy to let Jessica hear it.
 
But Jessica heard it. She started teasing Tiffany. “Taeyeon, Fany is blushing madly here!” She made sure that Taeyeon would hear her. Tiffany sent her a glare.
 
Taeyeon laughed at the other end. “Fany-ah, you’re so cute. Even if I’m not with you right now, I can totally imagine your red face right now.”
 
“Yah! I’m not blushing.”
 
“Whatever you say. Fany, I have to go. I’ll see you later. Text me when you get home, okay?”
 
“Aye aye, captain tae. Take care.”
 
“Bye, baby. You owe me a kiss.” Taeyeon stated before hanging up.
 
Tiffany went closer to Jessica. “Can we go home now? I’m tired.”
 
“Tired? All you did was talk to Taeyeon. You just want to go home to talk to her again.”
 
“So what? I miss my girlfriend already.”
 
“I don’t like the person you’ve become, Tiff.” Jessica jokingly said. 
 
Tiffany saw Sooyoung approaching them. “I don’t like the Jessica you’ll become in three.. two.. one..”
 
“Hi, Sica!” Sooyoung greeted Jessica with a kiss on the cheeks. Jessica was totally taken by surprise. Sooyoung also looked surprise with her own action.
 
Sica looked questioningly at Sooyoung. 
 
“Sorry, Sica. I kinda have this dream last night that we’re already in a relationship. I guess I confused in with reality and got carried away.” Sooyoung told Sica while scratching her head.
 
“I-i  g-guess it’s okay.” Jessica shyly said.
 
“This is what I’m talking about.”
 
Jessica shot a glare at Fany. “What?”
 
“You become all shy and you stutter a lot. So not you, Jessi. “
 
“Whatever. I saw a beautiful bad there. Let’s go check it out.”
 
Sica dragged the two to a store.
 
 
 
**
 
 
 
Sooyoung and Tiffany were waiting for Jessica who’s still busy choosing what to buy.
 
“You did not dream of that, right?”
 
“Us being together?”
 
Tiffany nodded.
 
“Not when I was asleep. But I dream of it everyday.” Sooyoung showed her a smile.
 
Tiffany laughed at Sooyoung. “You and your lame excuses to steal a kiss from her.”
 
“At least she believed it.” Sooyoung’s still smiling proudly.
 
“That girl can be dumb sometimes, you know.”
 
Sooyoung laughed. “I know right! She’s so cute!” Sooyoung commented while watching Jessica’s every move.
 
Tiffany turned to her. “You really like her that much that much that you accepted that side of her?!”
 
Sooyoung nodded like a kid. 
 
“Then what’s taking you so long to confess?” 
Sooyoung checked first if Jessica can hear them. When she saw Jessica walking a little farther, she answered Tiffany’s question. “You know how people looked at me as a charmer, right?”
 
Tiffany just nodded.
 
“The thing is…I don’t know how to confess to Jessica.”
 
Tiffany burst out laughing. “What? The Choi Sooyoung don’t know how to confess?”
 
“Jiyeon was my first girlfriend. I don’t really have that much experience when it comes to relationships. Besides, I didn’t really confess to Jiyeon. We just happened.” Sooyoung said in a low tone, trying to hide her embarrassment.
 
Tiffany has calmed down now. “How about the advice you gave Taeyeon? She told me you helped her gain the courage.”
 
Sooyoung smiled shyly. “I just told her what I heard from the best friend character from the movies. And it’s easier said than done.”
 
Tiffany patted Sooyoung’s back. “I pity you.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“You don’t have plans on confessing soon, right? You’ll both grow old because Sica won’t confess her feelings to you.”
 
“Hey, I plan on confessing to her soon. But I still lack concrete ideas. I’m too nervous to even start thinking about it.”
 
“If this might push you or motivate you to confess, I have to tell you something, Sooyoung.”
 
“What is it?” This made Sooyoung curious. 
 
“Jessica’s ex started calling her again. He’s asking for a second chance.”
 
Sooyoung’s face is suddenly filled with worries. “Help me, Tiffany! I have to confess to her soon!”
 
Tiffany chuckled. “I was waiting for you to say that.”
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
Sorry for the super late update. I had my first practical exam for anatomy lab. 
 
I still have 6 exams in the couple of weeks to come. But I'll really try hard to update whenever I can.
 
Thank you for all your comments! 
 
Wait for my next update, okay? :))