Chapter 26

She

 

 
 
“What’s the name of your ex again?” Tiffany asked Jessica.
 
“Donghae.”
 
“Oh yeah. It’s Donghae.”
 
Jessica looked up from the book that she’s reading. “Why did you ask?”
 
“Nothing. Are you still in contact with him?”
 
“Not really. I’m not close with him but we’re friends, I guess.”
 
“Donghae.” Tiffany mumbled.
 
“Yeah, you said it right. Why are you suddenly so interested in him?”
 
Tiffany made up something. “I just thought I saw him yesterday.”
 
Jessica froze after hearing that. Tiffany was surprised at Jessica’s reaction. “You saw him? Where?” Jessica tried to stay calm.
 
Tiffany got the feeling that she should’ve not started this. “At t-the subway.” This is the first thing that popped on her mind.
 
The atmosphere suddenly changed. Jessica has become quiet ever since Tiffany opened that up. She hesitated about her next question. “How did you two break up?” She asked in a low tone.
 
Jessica’s face is expressionless. “We didn’t. He went to Japan and we just stopped calling each other after a couple of months.”
 
Tiffany’s eyes widened. “So technically, he’s still your boyfriend. You have a boyfriend, Jessi!”
 
“No! Technically, since I didn’t hear from him after a couple of months, we’ve broken up!” Jessica said in her defense.
 
“You have to tell Sooyoung about this. The girl’s hoping to be your girlfriend and yet, you have your Donghae already.”
 
“Shut up, Tiff. Donghae is my past and Sooyoung…” Jessica stopped. She’s embarrassed to say loudly what she has on mind.
 
“Well?”
 
“She’s…special to me right now.”
 
Tiffany didn’t hide her smile but did not speak any further.
 
 
 
*
 
 
“Tiffany, why did you want to see me?” Sooyoung asked. Tiffany came all the way from their college to the Psychology department building just to see Sooyoung.
 
“I promised I would help you with Jessica, right?”
 
Sooyoung nodded. “Oh yeah. Thank you again for doing this.”
 
“Where’s Jessica? We don’t have class today.”
 
Sooyoung pouted. “She’s busy studying for you exam.”
 
“But that’s still a week from now. I haven’t even started reading the first chapter.” Tiffany giggled.
 
Suddenly, Sooyoung’s phone rang. She answered it immediately upon seeing who the caller is. 
 
“Hello, Jessica?”
 
“Sooyoung, where are you?”
 
“I’m with Tiffany right now.”
 
On the other side of the line, Jessica’s eyebrows furrowed when she heard what Sooyoung said. Even if she doesn’t have the right to, she felt some jealousy knowing that Tiffany admires Sooyoung.
 
“Can you pass the phone to her?”
 
Sooyoung just obeyed her request and gave the phone to Fany. “Sica wants to talk to you.”
 
“Hello, Sica?”
 
“What the hell are you doing with my Sooyoung?! You have Taeyeon already!” 
 
Tiffany pulled the phone away from her ears. Sooyoung wondered what Jessica said on the phone.
 
“My Sooyoung? When did she become yours?”
Sooyoung heard it and smiled just thinking about being Jessica’s. She’s planning to tease Jessica about this later.
 
Tiffany’s still talking to Jessica. “I don’t care if you tell Taeyeon. I’ll hang out with Sooyoung and have fun with her.” She hung up and gave the phone back to Sooyoung.
 
“You’re brave.” Sooyoung stared at her in awe. “You dared to hung up on Jessica.”
 
Tiffany laughed at Sooyoung’s expression. “Stop being like this, Sooyoung. I can’t believe I admired you because you’re cool. You’re definitely not when it has something to do with Jessica. Please don’t taint your perfect image on me.”
 
“So you’re one of those fans, huh?” Sooyoung teased Tiffany.
 
“I’m not! Even if I was, I’m not now after seeing you act stupid when it comes to Jessica.”
 
Sooyoung pouted. “So what help will you give me?”
 
“This.”
 
Sooyoung looked at her confusedly. 
 
“I texted Jessica our location. She should be here in 5..4..3..2-“
 
“I see you’re having fun.” Jessica appeared behind Tiffany, surprising Sooyoung. Tiffany, on the other hand, just smiled having been successful in bringing Jessica here.
 
“Well, that was faster than expected.”
 
“Sica, I thought you were in the library. Were you a ninja in your past life?” Sooyoung asked with a straight face.
 
Jessica playfully hit her arm. “Dork!”
 
“Hey, that nickname is only for Taetae.” 
 
Jessica stuck her tongue out to Tiffany. “Then why don’t you go bother your girlfriend instead of bothering my..” She stopped as she didn’t know what to label Sooyoung.
 
“What? Say it, Jessi!” Tiffany dared her.
 
“This is fun.” Sooyoung said as she waited for Jessica’s answer.
 
“My..mmm..my..housemate!”
 
Both Tiffany and Sooyoung sighed deeply. “You’re a frustrating person, Jessica.”
 
“What happened to calling me ‘my Sooyoungie’ earlier?”
“When did I?” Jessica asked defensively.
 
“You told Tiffany when you were on the phone.” 
 
Jessica tried to turn the conversation around. “Hey, why are you eavesdropping to people’s conversation. Do you think it’s proper, Sooyoung? Aish! I’m disappointed with you.” 
 
“It isn’t my fault you were screaming your lungs out when you told Tiffany that. I can’t help but hear because I have these two cute ears.”
 
Jessica flicked Sooyoung’s ears. 
 
“Awwww!”
 
Tiffany just giggled at the action of her two friends. “You’re both frustrating, you know.” She mumbled.
 
“Why did you do that, Sica?” Sooyoung pulled Sica’s hand close to and bit it.
 
“Ahhhhhhhhhhh!” Sica let out a dolphin scream, enough to make everyone around them turn their heads towards them.
 
Jessica is still complaining about her bitten hand, completely ignorant of the people that they disturbed. “Ewww! Look at that, Sooyoung! Your saliva on my hand. Yuck!” She wiped her hand.
 
Sooyoung stole a kiss on Jessica’s cheeks. She purposely made it longer. Jessica did not know how to react and chose to ignore it. She continued washing her hand with alcohol.
 
“How come you did not complain when I kissed you? My saliva is disgusting, right?” Sooyoung grinned, proud about establishing her point.
 
“Yah! You can’t kiss me in public.”
 
“In public only?” Sooyoung more.
 
“You can’t kiss me ever!”
 
“Ever?” Sooyoung’s definitely having fun.
 
“Yes!”
 
“Let’s see about that, housemate.” Sooyoung smiled.
 
“I’m still here, you know.” Tiffany let them know of her existence.
 
“I don’t care.” Jessica snapped, clearly not happy with losing to Sooyoung’s teasing again.
 
Tiffany ignored her. “Now I miss my Taeyeon. She always cares for me.” Tiffany pouted and decided to text her girlfriend.
 
“I’ll just go to the powder room.” Jessica announced. 
 
 
 
***
 
 
Few minutes later… 
 
Tiffany checked around for signs of Jessica. Nothing. “So when are you planning to confess?”
 
“Soon.”
 
“Good. You two are not cute anymore. You’re annoying.”
 
Sooyoung laughed. “You did promise me you’ll help me. Don’t forget that.”
 
“I will. I will.” Tiffany reassured her.
 
 
Sooyoung saw Jessica walking back to their table. Finally, she noticed that a guy is walking behind Jessica. 
 
Tiffany’s eyes widened when he saw the guy. It was the guy in Jessica’s pictures.
 
“Guys, I bumped into an old friend.” Jessica didn’t know how to introduce him, especially to Sooyoung. She’s still nervous and at the same time feeling awkward around Donghae.
 
The guy decided to introduce himself. “I’m Donghae, Jessica’s ex-boyfriend.”
 
Sooyoung tried to keep a straight face and forced out a smile. “Hi, I’m Sooyoung.” She offered a handshake to Donghae. She observed Donghae’s appearance from head to toe.
 
Tiffany facepalmed herself. “Stupid, Tiffany! I was just making up that story. Now it’s true.”
 
The atmosphere was awkward for all of them.
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
I didn't update for almost two weeks. Mianhe! 
 
Please forgive me. I've been busy with school. I have exams every week now until the end of the sem. FML.
 
Anyway, here's an update. I'll update again later this week. I promise! This time I won't break my promise. Hehe
 
Thank you for those you are still waiting patiently for my updates.
 
You're the best! I love you, readers!