Chapter 17

She

 

 
 
It took Taeyeon a while but she finally convinced Tiffany to meet Nana. She was so excited. Tiffany was still not very positive with the idea. She just agreed to it so that Taeyeon would stop bugging her.
 
“I’m so excited! I will have dinner with my two favorite girls in the world.”
 
Tiffany glared at Taeyeon. 
 
“What?” Taeyeon asked, not understanding why Tiffany made that face.
 
“Nothing.” Tiffany gave up. She stood up from her seat.
 
Taeyeon giggled. She finally got it. She pulled Tiffany back and she ended up on Taeyeon’s lap.
 
“You’re my number one favorite girl in the world.” 
 
Tiffany felt happy but she can’t help but feel uncomfortable with her position. Taeyeon realized that too and let go of Tiffany.
 
“Let’s go? I don’t want Nana to wait for us.”
 
Taeyeon left the room without waiting for Tiffany. Tiffany sighed and followed her out.
 
 
*
 
 
As soon as Taeyeon saw Nana across the restaurant, she ran to the girl and hugged her. Tiffany sighed again.
 
“Here goes nothing.” She said before walking to where Taeyeon and Nana were hugging.
 
“Hi.” She said at loud to make sure that she interrupts the hugging session but apparently, it wasn’t loud enough because Nana didn’t let go of Taeyeon.
Tiffany faked her coughs. 
 
Nana finally let go of Taeyeon and it was as if Taeyeon remembered about Tiffany. She put her arm around her shoulder.
 
“You remember each other, right?”
 
“How could I forget?” Nana smiled at Fany. “C’mon, let’s settle down first.”
 
When the waiter came to take their orders, Tiffany was surprised when Nana ordered for two people.
 
“Oh, I ordered for Taeyeon.” Nana giggled after seeing Tiffany’s shock expression.
 
Tiffany looked at Taeyeon to confirm this. “We always eat here and I always order the same thing.
 
“Oh.” 
 
All night Tiffany felt jealous with Taeyeon and Nana’s relationship. She answered Nana’s questions with sarcasm while she acted cold to Taeyeon. Taeyeon didn’t understand her change of mood but Nana knew better than that.
 
Nana felt like it was the perfect time when Taeyeon excused herself to answer an important phone call from her dad.
 
“Tiffany, I know why you’re acting like that.”
 
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
 
“You hate me.”
 
“I don’t.” Tiffany knew that she was obvious but she denied it still.
 
“I love Taeyeon.”
 
That caught Tiffany off guard. She didn’t expect a confession like this. 
 
Nana continued. “I love Taeyeon not just as a best friend.”
 
Tiffany looked down. “D-did you tell her already?”
 
“She knows.”
 
Tiffany was so nervous right now. She felt like she was losing Taeyeon again. “And?”
 
“She loves someone else.”
 
Tiffany looked up. She finally saw that Nana looked like she was about to cry. 
 
“She’s in love with the same girl ever since high school. It’s you, Tiffany. She loves you.”
 
Tiffany could not believe what she was hearing now. 
 
Taeyeon loves me?
 
“The only question now is how you feel about her.”
 
“I don’t know. I love her as my best friend, that’s for sure. But more than that…Isn’t it wrong?”
 
Nana scoffed. “Who cares? Look, I don’t care if you want to keep lying to yourself about how you feel for Taeyeon. What I care about is Taeyeon. I don’t want her to get hurt again.”
 
“I don’t want to hurt her too.” And Tiffany’s telling the truth. She’s really confused about her feelings for Taeyeon. She hoped that she doesn’t have to deal with these feelings anytime soon but she has to now.
 
“Figure out your feelings soon because I still haven’t given up on Taeyeon. I’ll stay with her until she tells me to leave.”
 
Tiffany and Nana were looking at each other eye to eye. Then, Taeyeon went back to their table.
 
“Sorry for that. What are you talking about? You seemed too serious when I looked a while ago.” Taeyeon sat beside Tiffany again. 
 
“We were just talking about her food.” Nana lied.
 
“What about your food, you don’t like it?” Taeyeon asked Tiffany.
 
Before Tiffany could answer, Nana spoke. “She wasn’t sure if she likes it. I told her that I could have it if she won’t.”
 
Taeyeon was completely unaware of the analogy that Nana did right there. “You don’t like it? You can have some other dish if you like.”
 
Tiffany looked at Nana. “No. I can’t survive this night without this meal. I have to eat, you know.”
 
“Okay.” Taeyeon smiled at her.
 
Nana glared at Tiffany. Tiffany just smiled at her. She knew she had to figure out her feelings soon but what she does know is she can’t live without Taeyeon.
 
 
**
 
 
Sooyoung insisted to drive Jessica to campus the next day. Jessica resisted at first but Sooyoung was persistent. 
 
“Why are you parking your car here?” Jessica asked.
 
“Can’t I? It’s hard to find parking space in front of our building.” Sooyoung answered.
 
“Oh, okay.” Jessica said as she opened the door. “I’ll see you at home.”
 
Sooyoung get off the car and caught up with Sica. “I can just drive you home too since the car is parked here.”
 
“Okay.” 
 
Sooyoung noticed that Jessica is covering her face with her bag. She giggled at Jessica’s cute actions. “What are you doing?”
 
“People might see us together.” Jessica whispered. This made Sooyoung laugh even more.
 
“What happened to not caring about what people think?” 
 
“Election’s soon. You have to protect your image.”
 
“What image?” Sooyoung asked. Jessica was shocked when she felt Sooyoung’s hand hold hers.
 
Oh my God! We’re holding hands!
 
She stared at it like with open. Sooyoung acted like she didn’t do anything.
 
“Close your mouth, Sica.” Sooyoung said.
 
Jessica finally woke up from her trance. “I did not allow you to call me Sica.”
 
“Fine, but you allowed me to hold your hands.” Sooyoung grinned.
 
People are looking at them as they walked towards the building. Jessica is getting uncomfortable. Sooyoung has gotten used to these stares. She handled the people very well and even greeted them.
 
“Sooyoung, why are you still here? You have class at the other side of the campus.”
 
“I’m making sure you get to your classroom safe.”
 
“I’m not that clumsy, Sooyoung. Let go of me!” Jessica shouted.
 
Sooyoung was taken aback. She was afraid that she might have offended Jessica for real this time. She removed her hand from Jessica’s. Jessica did not intend to shout at Sooyoung. She, herself, was surprised as well.
 
“Sooyoung, I’m not mad.” 
 
Sooyoung’s face slowly formed a smile. “Then can I call you, Sica?”
 
“Fine. Just don’t act like my bodyguard.”
 
“I’m not acting like your bodyguard.”
 
“Then why do you keep following me around.”
 
“Because I like being with you.”
 
This shut Jessica up. “W-what did you say?”
 
Sooyoung scratched her head because she suddenly felt shy. Then TaeNy appeared with arms link to each other.
 
Tiffany teased Jessica. “So now she’s accompanying you to class too? Are you official now?”
 
Jessica stuck her tongue to Tiffany. “Says you who has her arm linked with her supposed to be best friend.”
 
Tiffany stuck her tongue back to Jessica. Sooyoung and Taeyeon just smiled while watching the two friends tease each other.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Whoa, so many comments for the last chapter. I'm happy. :)

For those who haven't read my oneshot, read and comment! http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/203704/someone-like-you-one-shot-jessica-snsd-soosica-sooyoung

For those who have read, thank you for the nice comments. I love you! :)

Sequel for that? I will have to think about it. I still have to wait a little longer for more SooSic interactions so I can put it on the story.

Again, thank you for the support!