Chapter 19

She

 

 
“She won.”
 
It was quiet everywhere. Then there was a simultaneous outburst from everyone. Sooyoung could not believe what she just heard
“Congratulations, Sooyoung!” Everyone greeted her. Yuri hugged Sooyoung. Then came Siwon, Tiffany and Taeyeon. Jessica was nervous thinking about her turn to hug Sooyoung. When it was her turn, she panicked and offered her hand instead. Sooyoung was taken aback but she shook Jessica’s hands in the end. She smiled at Jessica’s shyness.
 
“This calls for a celebration. Let’s eat! Sooyoung’s treat!”
 
Everyone cheered while Sooyoung glared at Yuri. “You’re rich! Be a good friend and pay for it this time.”
 
“Fine! My treat.” Yuri sighed.
 
“Hey, guys. I have to go ahead. I still have to announce the results to the councilors.” Siwon said.
 
All of them bid goodbye to Siwon. 
 
“Thanks, Siwon.” Sooyoung thanked him again. 
 
“We’re good, okay?”
 
“Of course, we’re good.” Sooyoung shook his hand.
 
 
Later at the restaurant…
 
Taeyeon and Tiffany sat beside each other while Jessica sat beside Yuri. Sooyoung had no choice but to sit beside at the opposite side of Yuri. She’s actually disappointed because she was hoping to sit beside Jessica so she can .
Jessica’s afraid to be seen by Sooyoung. Now that she’s Vice Chairperson already, Sooyoung officially became a public person.
 
“Can you believe it? You won over the votes of the whole university. It was a landslide victory.” Yuri’s very happy for her best friend.
 
Sooyoung spoke. “Your incumbent normal person, now your university Vice Chairperson.”
 
“Cheers to that!”
 
“Cheers!”
 
Suddenly, two unfamiliar girls approached their table. They shyly looked at Sooyoung. “Hi, Sooyoung. You don’t know us but we came here to congratulate you for winning the election.”
 
Jessica rolled her eyes at the sight. Tiffany and Taeyeon smiled at her actions.
 
“You’re slow.” Tiffany mouthed.
 
Jessica ignored her and saw Sooyoung extend her hand to both of the girls. “Playgirl.”
 
This time, Yuri heard it and looked at her. “I didn’t know you are the jealous type, Jessica.”
 
Jessica tried to act innocent. “What?”
 
“C’mon. Stop acting innocent.” Yuri chuckled.
 
Jessica rolled her eyes again. 
 
Yuri went closer to Jessica and whispered to her ear. “Do you want help with Sooyoung?”
 
Jessica looked back at her. “What help?” She sounded annoyed. She knew exactly what Yuri is implying but she needed to ask the question to consider the thought.
 
“To get Sooyoung, dumb blonde.”
 
“Yah!” Jessica hit Yuri. 
 
By this time, the other girls left already. Sooyoung observed Jessica and Yuri’s interactions. They were whispering to each other and she felt uncomfortable with their closeness.
 
“Aw!” Yuri screamed after getting hit by Jessica.
 
“Sica, are you okay?” Sooyoung asked.
 
Yuri sent her a glare. “I was the one hit by your violent housemate over here and you asked her if she was okay? Of course she’s okay. She may be incredibly satisfied after hitting me.”
 
Sooyoung laughed. “What’s the use of going to the gym when you’ll cry everytime a girl hits you?”
 
“This isn’t just a simple girl, Sooyoung. She has the strength of a man!” Yuri overreacted.
 
Everyone laughed. Jessica’s not the only happy. She hit Yuri again in the arm.
 
“Ouch!” Yuri glared at her. “Sooyoung!”
 
“Go run to your mommy, Yuri.” Jessica .
 
Yuri went closer to Sooyoung and hide herself in Sooyoung embrace. “Yuri, you’re such a baby.” Sooyoung commented.
 
 
*
 
 
“Guy, we’ll go ahead.” Taeyeon and Tiffany stood up first. 
 
“It’s early.” 
 
“I have to go somewhere else.” Taeyeon said.
 
“And you?” Sooyoung asked Tiffany.
 
“Taeyeon’s going to take me home first.”
 
“Oh.” Sooyoung sounded half-teasing. She gave Taeyeon a look.
 
“What is that about?! I can go home by myself.” Tiffany grabbed her purse and continued her way out.
 
“Oops. HellFany just got activated. Gotta go!” Taeyeon said before running to catch up with Tiffany.
 
The three left on the table laughed. 
 
“You all looked so cute. Taeyeon and Tiffany together then you and Jessica.” Yuri commented.
 
“There’s no Sooyoung and-“ 
 
Sooyoung raised one of her hands up as a stop signal. “There’s no use. Yuri won’t let this go anytime soon.”
 
“Why would I? People who like each other should become a couple.” 
 
“So now you’re telling me you read feelings?” Sooyoung joked.
 
“Not just me. Everyone around you can see that you both like each other.”
 
Jessica is getting nervous on how this conversation is going.
 
 “Sooyoung, do you like Jessica?” Yuri asked as if Jessica was not there. 
 
 
**
 
 
Taeyeon caught up with Tiffany.
 
“HellFany came. You should have informed me beforehand that she’s coming.” Taeyeon joked.
 
“If you’ll continue being like that, she’s not going away anytime soon.” 
 
“Sorry, Fany Fany Tiffany.” Taeyeon showed her aegyo.
 
Tiffany ignored her. Taeyeon pouted. Tiffany saw this and sighed.
 
“Okay, I forgive you. I’m not sure I even know what I was mad about.” Tiffany finally said.
 
“Yay!” Taeyeon jumped up and down.
 
“Dork.”
 
“Why were you angry?” Taeyeon asked.
 
“I’m not sure. It’s just that you’ve been teasing me a lot lately.”
 
Taeyeon considered her answer for a while. “Sorry, I won’t tease you again. 
 
“No!” Tiffany reacted. “That is not the problem.”
 
“Then, what’s the problem?”
 
“It’s just that…” Tiffany sighed before continuing. “I don’t know what’s real anymore.”
 
“They’re just jokes. We were just teasing you.” Taeyeon answered. This is not the truth.
 
“Oh good. At least now I know that those teases have no meaning.” Tiffany tried to act okay for the rest of the walk.
 
 
***
 
 
The atmosphere became quiet when Yuri asked the question.
 
“Sooyoung, do you like Jessica?” Yuri repeated the question. “It was a simple question.”
 
Sooyoung sighed before answering. “I do.”
 
Jessica froze.
 
“More than as a friend?” Yuri continued her interrogation.
 
Sooyoung slowly nodded.
 
Jessica doubted if she was just dreaming. She secretly pinched her own arm to prove that she’s not dreaming.
 
“Ouch!”
 
“What happened, Sica?” Sooyoung asked worriedly.
 
Jessica slowly shook her head. She felt dumb for doing it. “Nothing.”
 
Yuri shifted her gaze. “Now, let’s move to Jessica.”
 
Jessica flinched, awaiting a bomb to be dropped. “Jessica, do you like Sooyoung?”
 
She contemplated whether she would tell the truth or not. She weighed the possible outcomes. She did not realize that she was spacing out for about five minutes now.
 
Sooyoung’s additional order had just arrived and she started eating again. Her heart is still pounding after the confession she just made. Food is her comfort.
 
Yuri cleared . “Jessica.”
 
“You know what? That happens all the time. One time we were talking and I asked a question and she made me wait fifteen minutes before she answered.” Sooyoung informed her.
 
Jessica finally woke up from her trance. “Sorry, I was spacing out.”
 
“We figured.” Yuri said. “What now? Do you like Sooyoung?”
 
Sooyoung held her breath for Jessica’s answer. 
 
“Maybe.”
 
“Maybe?!” Yuri wasn’t able to control her voice. Sooyoung stayed quiet. 
 
“Fine, I like her!” Jessica closed her eyes while saying it. 
 
Yuri patted Sooyoung’s back. Sooyoung secretly smiled. “I’m going to order more.”
 
“I don’t know why I’m doing all this work for you, buddy.” Yuri told Sooyoung.
 
Yuri turned to Jessica. She spoke softly that Sooyoung won't hear her. "Happy now?" She winked at Jessica.
 
Jessica didn't react. Jessica is still blushing from the confession.
 
 
 
 

 

SooSica! <3 <3 <3 I'm spazzing too because of the confession. Haha

Unfortunately, the semester is about to start already and I have the heaviest load you could ever imagine.

I won't be able to update often again but what I can promise you is at least one update every week.

Fair enough? :)