Chapter 46

She

 

 

“Jung Jessica! Rise and shine!” Sooyoung knocked on Jessica’s door.

 

She can always open the door since Jessica doesn’t really lock her door but she chose not to. She had once accidentally seen Jessica in the process of putting on her clothes, half , when she bulged in her door without knocking first. She doesn’t want her nose to bleed again from the embarrassment that the encounter has brought.

 

“5 minutes!”

 

Sooyoung sighed. “I guess that’s another thirty minutes.” Sooyoung took the remote and scanned for a channel that could keep her busy for now.

 

Sooyoung was right. It took Jessica thirty minutes before she came out of her room. Sooyoung sighed in relief. “What took you so long?”

 

“Actually, your knocks woke me up. I haven’t even brush my teeth at that time.” Jessica smiled apologetically.

 

“If you’re thinking that that smile will let you get away from being late…” Sooyoung smiled. “…you’re right.”

 

Jessica laughed. “I knew it. C’mon, let’s go. Where are we going, anyway?”

 

“Picnic in the park!”Sooyoung shook her head. “I can’t trust my own judgment now. Too blinded.”

 

“Sooyoung!”

 

“Coming!” Sooyoung laughed at herself.

 

One month after the breakup, Sooyoung’s condition is better now. She didn’t suffer from depression thanks to her crazy friends who tried to cheer her up everyday. She wanted to talk to Suzy just for closure but she found out that the other girl took a leave of absence from the university. Of course she felt bad knowing that she is the reason behind her decision.

 

As with her relationship with Jessica, she’s just happy that they’re getting closer now. She’s learning new things about Sica day by day. They’re just friends but both are just happy to be in each other’s company.

 

 

*

 

Sooyoung prepared everything from the sandwiches to the juice that they’re drinking. They were in a spot in the park overseeing the river and the view is very refreshing.

 

“It’s been so long since we last went to a picnic.” Jessica said after eating the food from Sooyoung’s hands.

 

“Blame the girl who left me for Japan.” Sooyoung was just teasing Jessica but the latter took it seriously. She suddenly became quiet.

 

“Hey, I was just joking.”

 

“I thought we’ve agreed to not talk about that again. I already paid for that.”

 

Sooyoung sighed. “Sorry for ruining the mood.” She decided to steal a kiss on Jessica’s cheek.

 

Jessica instantly blushed. “Yah! You can’t go around and kiss any girl.”

 

“But I’m only interested in kissing one girl.”

 

Jessica’s face turned even redder.

 

“Cute.” Sooyoung poked her cheeks. Her phone beeped because of an incoming message. They both saw the notification since the phone suddenly lit up. It’s from Suzy.

 

Jessica looked away pretending that she doesn’t care. Sooyoung checked the message. Her face suddenly changed and Jessica noticed it.

 

“You need to go?” Jessica recognized the guilty look from Sooyoung’s face.

 

“Suzy…she’s back. She said she’s ready to talk.”

 

“Oh. Okay then.” Jessica started cleaning up their things and put it back into the picnic basket. Sooyoung reached out to hold her hand.

 

“I’m sorry. I promised you that we will spend the day together and yet…” She bowed her head.

 

“There will be a lot of time in the future. And this is the first promise you’re breaking, Sooyoung. It’s okay.” Jessica smiled to her.

 

Sooyoung smiled gratefully. “Thank you for being understanding. I’ll just drop you off at home first.”

“But I can just take a cab. Less hassle.”

 

“I was not asking your opinion. I’m telling you that I’ll drop you off first. You’re never a hassle.”

 

“Okay. Thanks.” Jessica smiled.

 

“Now, get off the blanket. The slave will clean up for the princess.” Sooyoung joked earning a light punch on the arm.

 

 

**

 

 

“You look good.” That was the first word Suzy said after fifteen minutes of silence.

 

“Thanks. You too.” Sooyoung hated the awkward atmosphere. It was never this awkward with Suzy in the past. The other girl would always start the conversation.

 

“Wow, this is awkward.” Suzy commented.

 

“I heard you took a leave of absence from the university. I’m sorry.” Sooyoung apologized.

 

“What’s there to be sorry about? I just needed some fresh air and I’ve always wanted to go to America. So I went there to visit my relatives.”

 

“Oh. How was it?”

 

“It was great. I had a lot of fun.”

 

“How about you?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“How are you?”

 

Suzy chuckled. “I’m okay. I’m still not over you but I’m getting there.”

 

Finally, the topic has been opened. Sooyoung gulped.

 

“I’m still sorry. I’m really really sorry. I never intended to hurt you.”

 

“I know. I knew that you never stopped loving her and yet I still kept throwing myself at you.”

 

“Hey, don’t say that.”

 

“What? It’s true. I forced myself into your life. It’s okay. I guess that’s just how it is when you’re in love. I became a fool for love.” She scoffed.

 

“Don’t call yourself a fool. If there’s a fool in here, that’s me. I’m a fool for not seeing how lucky I am to have you by your side. I’m a fool for loving someone who have hurt me. I should’ve loved you instead.” Sooyoung took a deep breath. “I really tried my best but my heart…”

 

“Your heart belongs to her.”

 

Sooyoung slowly nodded. “I’m sorry.”

 

“Stop saying sorry. One more sorry and I’ll never talk to you again.”

 

Sooyoung smiled.

 

“I guess I’ll never get to call you ‘babe’ again. But to be honest babe is too cheesy. Who came up with that?”

 

“Yah, it’s you who first called me that!”

 

Suzy laughed. “Really?”

 

Sooyoung smiled again while watching Suzy laughed.

 

“I guess I’ll be going then!” Suzy stood up.

 

“Already?” Sooyoung stood up also.

 

“Yes, I can’t waste time when my true love might be out there waiting for me.”

 

Sooyoung laughed. “Goodluck trying to find someone cuter than me.”

 

“I’m sure it won’t be that hard.” She stuck her tongue out to Sooyoung. “As for you, go get your girl before someone else snatches her away. I won’t be there to comfort you again next time you cry your eyes out again.”

 

Sooyoung escorted Suzy out to her car. “Suzy…”

 

“Please do not apologize again.”

 

Sooyoung shook her head. “Thank you. For everything. I hope we can still be friends.”

 

“Maybe someday.” Suzy hugged Sooyoung for the last time. “Bye.” A tear fell from her eyes. She quickly wiped in away.

 

 

***

 

After a couple of months..

 

“You’re telling us that you’re just friends with Jessica.” Yuri confronted her friend.

 

“For now.”

 

“You two act like an old married couple and you’re just friends. What will happen if you get back together?” Taeyeon took a sip from her juice. Tiffany prohibited her from ordering any alcoholic drinks because Taeyeon turns into an uncontrollable ert when drunk.

 

“Why are you pressuring us? We’re just taking our time. We want to make sure that we’re both ready if we’re going to commit to a relationship again.”

 

“You’re just slow.” Yuri shook her head. “Who would’ve thought  The Choi Sooyoung is slow when it comes to her girl.”

 

“Go mind your own love life!”

 

 

****

 

The girls in are busy fixing their makeup in the ladies room.

 

“Friends? You don’t even act like you’re friends. You hold hands, you hug, kiss and you’re extremely sweet to each other. I don’t even want to imagine what you do when you’re alone at home.”

 

“Yah! We’re not like that. Maybe you and Taeyeon.”

 

“But we’re not friends. We just do what couples do.” Tiffany smirked.

 

Jessica screamed while shaking her head. “Eeewww! Please stop.”

 

Tiffany laughed. “Hey, don’t act like an innocent high school student.”

 

“I am innocent.”

 

“And I don’t like pink.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes.

 

“You started it. C’mon, I miss my Taetae already.”

 

 

*****

 

 

“What did we miss?” Tiffany sat beside Taeyeon while Jessica sat beside Sooyoung.

 

“We were just talking about Yuri’s love life.” Sooyoung answered Tiffany but when she looked back at her, she’s already in her own world with Taeyeon. She sighed.

 

“I heard you.” Jessica smiled at her.

 

Sooyoung smiled back. “At least Jessica’s nice enough to hear what I have to say.”

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon finally noticed the sulking Sooyoung. “I’m sorry. I kinda missed Taeyeon the whole week because she’s been busy with her internship.”

 

“I can see that.”

 

“So you were saying?”

 

“Nothing.” Yuri interjected.

 

“Yuri’s love life.” Sooyoung ignored Yuri. “Let’s talk about it.”

 

“She’s hanging out with Suzy a lot these days.” Taeyeon said innocently before taking another sip of her juice.

 

Now, everyone’s eyes on her.

 

“Yah, Kim Taengoo!” Yuri shouted.

 

Taeyeon looked at her. “Uh-oh. It’s supposed to be a secret?”

 

Yuri controlled herself from hitting Taeyeon. The remaining people at the table kept attacking her with questions.

 

“Suzy has a good taste.”

 

Jessica hit her arm lightly. “Don’t flatter yourself too much. She dumped you for Yuri.”

 

“Ouch!”

It’s Tiffany turn to talk to Yuri. “So are you dating now? Why didn’t you invite her tonight?”

 

“Guys, we’re not dating. We’re just friends. Kim Taeyeon!”

 

“Y-yes?” Taeyeon gulped.

 

“I’ll never share any details of my life with you ever again.” Yuri drank some more. “One more beer please!” She shouted. She was teased by her friends all night.

 

 

 


 

Yes, it's ending soon. I'm sorry for those hoping for the opposite.

Thanks for liking this fic! 

What do you think about this chapter?