Chapter 20

She

 



After an hour, Yuri decided to leave. Sooyoung and Jessica decided to end the night too. Again, Sooyoung drove home with Jessica. They’ve been quiet for the whole trip. After all they indirectly confessed to each other an hour ago.

Sooyoung dropped her body on the couch the minute they stepped on the apartment. She realized how tired she is. She watched Jessica move back and forth the house fixing her things.

Jessica was just walking around the house with no direction. She’s not putting things in order but the opposite. She’s transferring things from one place to another with no reason. She’s just nervous to face Sooyoung.

Can you please stop? You’re making me dizzy.”

Jessica heard Sooyoung. She answered her without looking back. “I’m going to bed.”

“Do you really like me?” Sooyoung blurted out.

“Today was tiring. See you tomorrow.”

Jessica didn’t realized that Sooyoung walked behind her. She jumped in surprise when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned to see a grinning Sooyoung.

“I won.” Sooyoung said proudly.

“I know.” Jessica tried to act cool as possible.

“Do I get a reward?”

“Congratulations, Ms. Vice Chairperson.” Jessica offered a hand.

Sooyoung looked at it. She held Jessica’s hands but did not shake it. Instead, she pulled Jessica towards her. She hugged Jessica.

“Do you have a thing for shaking hands?” Sooyoung smiled then continued. “I prefer hugging.”

Jessica just stood there with her eyes opened wide. Suddenly, she smiled, enjoying the hug.

“I’ve only known you for almost a month, Sica. I know that. But I’ve grown to like you already, Sica. I really like you.”

Jessica didn’t say anything.

“You said you liked me too, right?”

“But Sooyoung…”

Sooyoung felt nervous. But is never good. She was expecting something bad coming from Jessica’s mouth.

“But?”

“Jiyeon...”

“We broke up. What I felt for her is platonic love.” Sooyoung broke the hug. Jessica felt disappointed,

“It’s so fast, Sooyoung. Like you said, I’ve only known you for a month.”
Sooyoung thought for a while then nodded. “I understand. I don’t know why I’m being like this tonight. Maybe a drank too much.” Sooyoung chuckled.

“You only had a couple of shots.”

“I really have a low alcohol tolerance.” She laughed and Jessica laughed with her.

“Jessica, what are we?” Sooyoung asked to clear things between them.

“Housemates.” Jessica replied playfully.

“We were housemates before I told you I like you.” Sooyoung complained. “We should be on another level now.”

“I don’t know Sooyoung. Like I said, nothing’s change except for the fact that we know each other’s feelings.”

Sooyoung had a bright idea. “Can we be roommates then?”

She received a hit from Jessica. “Sooyoung!”

“I thought that it was a great idea.” Sooyoung pouted.

Jessica smiled at seeing Sooyoung being cute. “You’re so cute.” She didn’t really intend to let Sooyoung hear it but the latter did hear it.

“You’re cute too.” Sooyoung pinched her cheeks. “Goodnight, Sica. Dream of me tonight.”

She left Jessica alone and proceeded to her room.


*


Tiffany couldn’t sleep that night. She called Jessica at 2 in the morning. She should have known better not to wake Jessica up.

“Jessi?”

“Jessi?”

She heard a groan from the other side.

“”Jessi!”

“What?!” Jessica was clearly irritated because she was awakened at this time of the day.

“I have a problem.”

“Me too. My best friend has nothing else to do but disturb my sleep! How dare you?!”

“I’m sorry, Sica. I know this is not a good time-“

“Oh, you know! Great! Bye!” Jessica hung up.


**


The next day, Tiffany walked like a zombie towards her first class. She did not get any sleep last night. Jessica sat beside the lifeless Tiffany.

“Good morning!” Jessica greeted me.

“There’s nothing good in the morning.” Tiffany answered.

“What’s the matter with you?” Jessica’s not used to seeing Tiffany like this. Tiffany is usually bright and happy.

“I didn’t get any sleep last night.”

“Why? Care to share?”

“I wanted to but you hung up on me last night?”

“That was not a dream?” Jessica innocently asked.

Tiffany just glared at her.

“Is this HellFany part 2?”

Tiffany glared at her again.

“I don’t like you right now.” Jessica said.

“I don’t like you too. I can’t like you. You’re a girl.”

Jessica finally understood what this is about.

“So this is about Taeyeon?”

“Maybe.”

“Did she confess again?”

Tiffany sighed. “No.”

“You like her to confess?”

“I don’t know. I’m confused. I can’t like a girl. That’s wrong. My parents would be disappointed with me.”

Tiffany’s words are also affecting Jessica. But the thing is, she’s sure that she likes Sooyoung. With Tiffany, she’s still confused.

“But what would you feel if she gets in a relationship with Nana?”

Tiffany broke the grip of her pen. “She can’t be with Nana. She’s mine!” Tiffany blurted out.

“Then you have your answer. You’ve fallen in love with your best friend.” Jessica smiled at her.

“But she’s a girl!”

“Who cares?! You’re making your life harder by thinking too much, Tiff.”


***

 

“Where are we going? This is not the way back to the apartment.” Jessica asked.

“I know. We’re going to the mall.” Sooyoung smiled at her.

“Mall? Sooyoung, I still have an article to write.”

“Relax. Just write about me again. You like writing about me, right?” Sooyoung winked.

Jessica groaned. “So full of herself.” She mumbled.

Sooyoung just smiled upon hearing it.

When they reached the mall, Sooyoung immediately pulled her to an ice cream store.

“Ice cream!” Sooyoung’s eyes lit when she saw all the choices. “I’ll have chocomint.” She grinned at the ice cream lady. “What’s yours?” She turned back to Jessica.

“Strawberry.”

“Strawberry it is.”

They walked around the mall while eating their ice cream.

“So we came here just to buy ice cream.”

“It’s ice cream!” Sooyoung always overreact when it comes to food.

They were laughing with each other when Sooyoung saw someone she did not expect to see again so soon.

 She stopped laughing. Then, Jessica followed where her gaze is.

“Jiyeon.”

Jessica finally recognized the girl. She had seen Jiyeon before but only from afar. Her heart suddenly started beating fast. She doesn’t like confrontations but she knew she’s about to face one.

Jiyeon walked closer to them. Sooyoung stepped forward, blocking Jessica from Jiyeon.

“Hi, Sooyoung. So is this the girl?”

“Jiyeon, please don’t make an act like this in public.”

“Why? Because you’re already the vice chairperson in your university?”

Sooyoung was shocked that Jiyeon knew.

“Yes, I know. Don’t worry, I did not stalk you. The news has been travelling. A biual won the the election. So did just use me for your campaign?”

“Jiyeon, please. You know that’s not the truth.” Sooyoung said in her defense. Jessica’s still nervous behind Sooyoung.

“Did you really love me, Sooyoung?” Jiyeon looked like she was about to cry.

“As a sister, yes.”

“That’s not what you told me a month ago. Is that because of that girl behind your back? What’s so special about her?”

“Don’t bring her into our fight!”

“Well, she’s the reason we broke up. She needs to hear that!” JIyeon wiped her tears.

Sooyoung grabbed Jessica’s wrist and prepared to walk away. “Please don’t be this person, Jiyeon. I don’t want to hate you.”

Sooyoung pulled Jessica to the car.

“I’m sorry for that.” Sooyoung apologized.

“I don’t want to the person she’s describing, Sooyoung.”

“Huh?”

“I don’t want to be a rebound.” Jessica said softly.

 

 

 

 


 

Hi, readers.

I hope I'm not boring you with my updates.

Are you excited about MC Sooyoung tonight? I can't wait! :)

Anyway I made a new twitter account for spazzing because I feel ashamed of my nonkpop fans friends because I tend to have super hyper tweets when i spazz. hehe

You can follow me if you want. :) It's @OnlySooyoungie or you can just click the link. :)

https://twitter.com/#!/OnlySooyoungie