Chapter 42

She

 

 

Sooyoung laughed. “I’m really drunk right now. I’m seeing Jessica Jung.” She continued laughing.

 

Jessica couldn’t say anything. She was speechless at the sight in front of her. She realized how much she missed Sooyoung. She was a fool when she tried moving on in Japan. She went on a couple of dates with Donghae but broke it off before it can actually lead to anything. After seeing Sooyoung, she knew she’d never get over the girl. She fell too hard this time.

 

“Hi, Jessica. Long time no see. Oh wait, I still see you in my dreams. Does that count?”

 

“Sooyoung, it’s really Jessica.” Yuri was still struggling to hold Sooyoung.

 

Jessica finally woke up from the trance. “Why did you let her drink too much?”

 

“Why are you ignoring me, Jessica? Hello!”

 

“Sooyoung, we can talk some other time when you’re sober. Just go home and rest.”

 

“Yes buddy, let’s go home.” Yuri tried pulling Sooyoung. But the other resisted with force. Sooyoung pulled herself from Yuri and because of her current state, she failed to balance herself and ended up on the ground. “Ouch!” She cried as her she fell down on the floor.

 

“Sooyoung, are you okay?” Jessica rushed to Sooyoung’s side.

 

“Oh my God.” Sooyoung felt pain. This is not a dream and her heart started beating faster than ever. The Jessica in front of her is not a dream. “You’re Jessica.”

 

Jessica couldn’t help but laugh at how cute Sooyoung’s acting right now. “At least you still remember me. I’m happy.” Jessica offered a hand to help her stand but

 

Sooyoung ignored it. She stood up on her own and gave Yuri a panicky look. “I-I have to go.” She left the bar without looking at Jessica again. She ran as fast as she could, bumping into a few people here and there before she reached the exit.

 

“Nice to see you again, Jessica. I have to follow that girl and make sure she arrives home in one piece.”

 

“Go.” Jessica understood. She was worried for Sooyoung too. How she only wished that Sooyoung talked to her properly. But she knew she’ll have plenty of time for that since she’s back in Korea for good.

 

*

 

 

“Rise and shine!”

 

Sooyoung opened one eye to see where the noise was coming from. “Shut up!” Then she felt the throbbing in her head.

 

“Sooyoung, you have class today!”

 

“Leave me alone! Ugh!” She buried her head under the pillow trying to adjust to the pain she’s experiencing.

 

“It’s your fault you have a terrible headache today. You drank too much alcohol last night. You know you have low alcohol tolerance.”

 

“Save me the lecture, Kwon. Can’t you see that your best friend’s in pain? The least you can do is to help me ease the pain and get me medicine.”

 

“I cooked food for you. It’s on the dining table. You ccan take medicine after you eat. In case you haven’t noticed. I brought you to my apartment after your escape from the bar last night.

 

“Thank you.” Sooyoung thanked Yuri sincerely.

 

Yuri smiled. “You’re welcome.”

 

Sooyoung tried standing up. “I had this weird dream again where I saw Jessica.” She laughed just thinking about it.

 

Yuri froze. She didn’t know how to tell Sooyoung the truth. Sooyoung saw Yuri’s reaction and she slowly caught up. “Don’t tell me –“

 

“That wasn’t a dream.”

 

“Oh .” Her knees weakened and she fell on the bed again.

 

 

**

 

 

Suzy was trying to call Sooyoung but the other girl was not answering. The other girl did not attend their first class today. She took the same classes as Sooyoung this semester just to be with her.

 

She decided to check the parking lot to check for Sooyoung’s car. She couldn’t see the car anywhere. Just then a couple of seniors passed by and they seemed to be too engaged in their conversation that they didn’t realize her presence.

 

“Have you heard that Jessica Jung is back in the university?”

 

“Sooyoung’s ex?” The other girl asked.

 

“Yes. Do you think they’ll get back together?”

 

“But Sooyoung’s with Suzy now.”

 

“Oh, right. But Jessica was perfect for Sooyoung.”

 

Suzy heard enough. She doesn’t know what to do and what to think now. She became paranoid especially now that Sooyoung didn’t come to her first class. Is there any chance that the two have already met again? Are they together at the moment? What will happen to their relationship? She waited for Sooyoung for months. She’s scared that she may be taken away by Jessica in just a second.

 

 

***

 

 

“News travels fast.” Tiffany linked her arm with Jessica.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Sooyoung’s ex is back in town. That’s the headline today.”

 

Jessica laughed. “I’m quite happy with that except for the part that I was called ‘Sooyoung’s ex’.”

 

Tiffany knew that Jessica was hiding her pain behind that smile. “Jessi..”

 

“Speaking of Sooyoung, I saw her last night.”

 

Tiffany did not expect that. Her jaw dropped. “Huh? Where?”

 

“At the bar. I was planning to drown myself with liquor but Sooyoung beat me to that. She was really really drunk when I saw her.”

 

“Did you talk?”

 

Jessica scoffed. “She flew the minute she found out that she’s not dreaming and I’m really Jessica.”

Tiffany sighed. “So what’s your plan?”

 

“I have to talk to her no matter what. After seeing her, I’ve never been more determined about something.”

 

“So you’ll try to get her back?”

 

Jessica just nodded.

 

“How about Suzy?”

 

“I don’t know. I know she’s not a bad person but if I try to spare her from the hurt, what about me? I can’t be happy now? I’m not a bad person too.”

 

“Jessi..”

 

“I can love Sooyoung as much as she can love her. Maybe even more that.”

 

“Jessi..”

 

Jessica showed a bitter smile. “Do I sound too desperate? Obviously, I lost my pride already.”

 

“It’s not that. I was just going to wish you luck. You deserve your happiness.” Tiffany smiled at her.

 

“Sica-jjang!” A new voice joined the conversation. It was Taeyeon wearing the dorkiest smile ever. Jessica and Tiffany had to laugh at her.

 

“Your girlfriend is a kid.” Jessica said while laughing.

 

Tiffany kissed her girlfriend. “I know. It’s like I signed it for a job as babysitter.”

 

“I’m Fany’s baby.” Taeyeon said proudly as she cling to Tiffany’s arms.

 

Jessica just eyed them in envy. She knew Sooyoung can also act like a kid and she misses seeing that side of her. She misses every side of her.

 

 

****

 

“I drank too much last night and I’m having the worst headache right now. I’m sorry for making you worry, babe.“ Sooyoung stopped speaking on the phone.

 

She arrived at her apartment and there she found the original owner waiting by the doorstep.

Jessica heard Sooyoung’s last sentence and it broke her heart into thousand of pieces. But she was determined to do what she came here to do. “Can we talk?”

 

Sooyoung didn’t answer her and went back to her phone conversation. “Look, babe. Something came up. I’ll call you later again, okay? Bye, same here.” She was supposed to answer ‘I love you too’ but she couldn’t do it when she’s seeing Jessica in front of her.

 

BABE! BABE! BABE! Jessica hates that word right now.

 

Sooyoung opened the door as she continued to ignore the other girl. She left it open wide enough to make Jessica assume that she’s allowed to come in.

 

“Thank you for letting me in.”

 

“It’s your apartment in the first place.”

 

Coldness. But Jessica chose to ignore it.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“I was never mad at you. I was only mad at myself for not being enough for you.” Sooyoung said as she settled herself on the couch.

 

“Sooyoung, you were enough. You ARE more than enough.”

 

Sooyoung felt her tears coming up. “Well, past is past.” She wiped her eyes before her tears could fall. “How about we talk about something else?”

 

Jessica did  not answer her and fixed her stare on Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung felt uncomfortable with the stare so she decided to speak. “How are you and Donghae? Are you dating now?”

 

Jessica shook her head. “We’re just friends.”

 

“Oh, what a shame. You look good together.”

 

This time, Jessica’s tears are forming.

 

“How about other guys?” Sooyoung tried her hardest to act like she’s not affected and not to fall on her knees to beg Jessica to come back to her. After all, she’s not single anymore.

 

“I don’t like guys anymore.”

 

There was a pause before Sooyoung could react to her. “So you’re into girls now?”

 

“I only like one girl.” Jessica confessed.

 

Sooyoung sensed what is coming. As much as she wanted to hear about it, she had to remind herself over and over again that she’s with Suzy now. “I’m happy now, Sica.”

 

Jessica smiled. “You’ve moved on?”

 

“Yeah, I’m with Suzy. You remember her?”

 

Jessica nodded. There was silence for a while. Jessica was hesitating to ask what she really came here for. “What about us, Sooyoung?”

 

Sooyoung took a deep breath. She couldn’t look at Jessica right now because she can’t lie to her. “I thought ‘us’ ended last year.”

 

“Second chance?” Jessica sounded like she was begging for her life.

 

“Friendship is the only thing I can offer.”

 

Jessica smiled through her tears. Sooyoung’s heart is breaking right now. She couldn’t see Jessica crying. She went closer to wipe Sica’s tears. “Please don’t cry, Sica.” Her tears have also started to fall. “Maybe all that has happened is for the best.”

 

Jessica cried in Sooyoung’s arms. 

 

 

 


 

 Update! Comments please~

One thing you have to know..I hate sad endings. /winks :))))