Chapter 41

She

 

 

 

Christmas was spent like a regular day. There was nothing special about this day especially when you know that the one you love is probably with someone else right now.

 

“Merry Christmas.”

 

Jessica faked a smile. Donghae isn’t the one she wants to see right now. “Hi.”

 

“Her again?” Donghae sat beside Jessica.

 

Jessica nods her head. “I’m sorry, Donghae.”

 

“You still love her?”

 

“I don’t know.” Lie. Of course, she still loves her. She might have love her even more all this time that they’re apart.

 

“It’s been a year. You know, she could be seeing someone else by now.”

 

She gulped. She has thought about it too and it breaks her heart every time. “I know. I heard from Tiffany that she’s been hanging out with another girl now.”

 

“And you still want to come back to her?”

 

Jessica smiled. “I have no choice.”

 

“I’m still interested.” Donghae was being desperate this time.

 

“Donghae, we talked about this already.”

 

This past year has been hard for Jessica. She stayed in Japan by herself while keeping up with the pressure of the scholarship. All those months have been lonely. There were nights spent crying. She missed her so much.

 

Donghae sighed and followed it with a smile. “I know. I’ve learned from my mistake. You’re heart belong to her and there will never be a second chance for me. Friends?”

 

Jessica took his hand. “I’d like that.”

 

 

*

 

 

“Sooyoung, you’re late again.” She whined after seeing the girl’s she’s been waiting for.

 

“Sorry, babe.” Sooyoung kissed Suzy’s cheek. “Taeyeon asked me to help her buy a gift for Tiffany.”

 

“What’s the occasion?”

 

“They had an argument last night.”

 

“Oh, I see. But it’s Christmas Day yesterday, they were not supposed to fight.”

 

Sooyoung linked her arms with the other girl. “Enough about them, I’m hungry.”

 

What Sooyoung failed to say was that Taeyeon and Tiffany had an argument because of her. Tiffany is still mad about Sooyoung dating Suzy. After all, she’s loyal to her best friend. On the other hand, Taeyeon is loyal to Sooyoung.

 

They went in the restaurant. They’ve been dating for a month now. Ever since Jessica left about a year ago, Suzy has always been there for Sooyoung. Even though the latter did not pay that much attention to her, she never left.

 

She made the right decision to stick around because one day, Sooyoung started opening up to her and when Sooyoung finally decided to move on, Suzy was first on the line.

 

“Babe.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I’ve said your name a few times already. Is there something bothering you?”

 

Suzy smiled and shook her head. “Not really. I was just thinking.”

 

“About?” She took a spoonful of her food and brought it closer to Suzy’s mouth. This was one of the best things Suzy liked about Sooyoung. She’s so sweet and caring.

 

Suzy chew her food before answering. “I like us.”

 

Sooyoung smiled. “Huh? What do you mean?”

 

“I like being with you. I know that we only started dating but I’ve liked you for too long now. I don’t care if I like you more than you like me. I’m just happy that we’re together now. You’re happy too, right?” Suzy’s tone has a hint of worry.

 

“Of course, I’m happy. You’re not only my girlfriend but you’re also one of my greatest friend ever.” Sooyoung held her hand and squeezed it lightly as if she was trying to assure her of her feelings.

 

“Good.” Suzy grinned.

 

Sooyoung felt a slump on her heart. The truth is, she likes Suzy. She likes having her around. She knew that the girl would never leave her. Not like Jessica.

 

 

 

**

 

 

“So how’s your heart?” Tiffany asked her best friend. She was hoping that Jessica would tell her that she’s dating someone.

 

But she did not get the answer that she hoped for. “Still single.”

 

“And available?”

 

Jessica chuckled. “What kind of question is that?”

 

“Tell me you’re at least searching for the right guy.”

 

“Girl.”

 

Tiffany gasped. “So you’re really into girls now?”

 

“You know I’m only into one girl.”

 

Tiffany sighed. “You’re still not over her, huh? Are you even trying to move on?”

 

Jessica took a sip from her coffee. “I’m just going with the flow.”

 

“You’re waiting for something to happen. You’re still waiting for her.”

 

“It’s not like that.”

 

“Do you trust me?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Of course, you’re my best friend.”

 

“Please move on, Jessi. It’s been a year.”

 

Jessica was about to say something when she saw the look on Tiffany’s face. She finally understood. “Oh.”

 

“I’m sorry, Jessi.”

 

She tried her best to show a smile. “How long?”

 

“A month.”

 

“Do I know her?”

 

Tiffany nods her head. “I don’t know if you remember her but her name’s Suzy.”

 

“I’m just going to make a call.” Jessica quickly stood up. She didn’t want Tiffany to see her tears.

 

 

***

 

 

Yuri tried to get the soju bottle from Sooyoung. “You’ve had too much alcohol, Sooyoung. What’s wrong with you?”

 

Sooyoung didn’t let go of the bottle ad kept drinking. “I’m just thirsty.”

 

“Then drink water!” Yuri was finally able to take the soju away from Sooyoung. “What’s your problem?”

 

“Her!”

 

“Suzy? Did you fight?”

 

“Not Suzy. Her!” Sooyoung said in her drunken state. She probably won’t remember this the day after.

 

They were both quiet for a while then tears started falling from Sooyoung’s eyes. “I miss her, Yuri. I can’t stop thinking about her.”

 

Yuri pities her friend. This is not the first time she saw Sooyoung like this. There were similar incidents before all because of the same girl. “Sooyoung, please stop being like this. I don’t like seeing you like this. Where’s my cool buddy?”

 

“What are you talking about?” Sooyoung wiped her tears. “If she’s cool, her girlfriend won’t leave her.”

 

“Sooyoung, Jessica did not leave you because she doesn’t love you anymore…”

Sooyoung forced herself to stand up.

 

“Hey, where are you going?”

 

Yuri quickly caught up with her tipsy friend.

 

“I’m going home.”

 

“At this state? How?”

 

“I know how to drive.”

 

“You’re drunk. C’mon, I’ll drive you home.”

 

Sooyoung resisted. “Let go of me!”

 

“No! You’re drunk!”

 

“Let go!”

 

“Aww!” Sooyoung accidently pushed a girl passing by.

 

“I’m sorry, my friend’s drunk.” Yuri said to the girl. She was surprised to see who it was.

 

“Jessica..” Yuri mumbled.

 

“Sooyoung..” Jessica was now looking at her.

 

Sooyoung wished she was drunk enough to forget the girl in front of her. She wished that she’s drunk enough to not remember this scene when she wakes up tomorrow. Because this is really happening. Jessica Jung is here. 

 

 

 


 

Nope, you did not miss anything. Hehe. This is 'One year later'.

Sorry for the late update.

I was supposed to update yesterday but i still can't move on from the DKFC concert on Saturday. 

Even now, I'm still in daze...Seeing SNSD that close. 

I don't know how to continue my life after the concert. HAHAHA.

But they're all so friendly and nice and beautiful and perfect.

Anyway, I saw some SooSic moments. Too bad I didn't caught it on camera.

OUR SHIP SAILS FOREVER. <3