Chapter 24

She

 

 
 
By Monday, many of their classmates and friends know about Taeyeon and Tiffany’s relationship. Word spreads fast. Also, hanging out with Sooyoung made their status in the university higher. They’re like friends of a celebrity.
 
Taeyeon and Tiffany have the same class so they walked together with their hands intertwined. Taeyeon can’t stop smiling while Tiffany kept giggling at Taeyeon’s cuteness.
 
“Taeny!” They looked back to see a smiling Jessica with Sooyoung trailing behind her.
 
As soon as Jessica reached the couple, she hugged her best friend tightly. “You’re in a relationship now, Tiff!” Jessica said excitedly.
 
“Good job, Taeng.” Sooyoung hugged Taeyeon. “Finally! You got the girl.”
 
“Let’s have a double date soon!” Taeyeon said with confidence. 
 
“You’re flaunting your girl now, huh?” Sooyoung commented.
 
“I had to stop her from telling everyone that I’m her girlfriend.” Tiffany revealed.
 
“Why? Can’t I be proud of my girlfriend? I want everyone to know that you’re mine.” Taeyeon put her arm around Tiffany. Tiffany wrapped her hands around Taeyeon’s waist.
 
Sooyoung and Jessica just looked at them awkwardly. Taeyeon pinched Tiffany’s nose. “You’re so cute, Fany-ah.”
 
She was about to lean in to kiss Fany when Jessica spoke. “Okay, now stop. I don’t need to see you two make out.”
Sooyoung put her arm around Jessica’s shoulder as well. “I can kiss you too if you like.” Sooyoung grinned.
 
Jessica hit her. “Eww! Eww! Eww!” She kept hitting Sooyoung.
 
Taeyeon and Tiffany laughed while watching them. They said goodbye to their bickering friends but Sooyoung and Jessica didn’t hear them. They’re too busy fighting with each other.
 
“They looked cute back when they fight two weeks ago. But now, it’s getting annoying.” Tiffany said.
 
Taeyeon laughed. “You were annoying too when you kept denying your feelings for me.”
 
Tiffany aimed her fist at Taeyeon. “Did I tell you that I can hit stronger than Jessi?”
 
Taeyeon wiped her smile off her face. “Sorry.” She pouted.
 
Tiffany just left her there and started walking away. “Taetae, how can you be this cute?” She mumbled to herself before Taeyeon was able to catch up with her.
 
Meanwhile, Jessica got tired from hitting Sooyoung. She finally stopped. 
 
“Sica, you have a unique way in showing your affection. In that case…” She punched Jessica lightly in the arm. “…I like you too.” She grinned at Jessica.
 
Jessica didn’t know what to say. Sooyoung smiled at her again before walking away. “I’ll pick you up tonight for our date.”
 
She was left there thinking about what Sooyoung said. “Pick me up? But we live in the same house.” Yet, she didn’t complain about the ‘date’. 
 
 
*
 
 
Jessica was alone in the house that night. Sooyoung just disappeared an hour ago and she’s getting bored. She totally forgot about their ‘date’.
 
Then, she heard a knock on the door. She took her time on walking to the door. The knocks became louder.
 
Jessica opened the door and find Sooyoung standing outside with a bouquet of roses.
 
“For you.” She extended her arms to give Jessica the flowers.
 
Jessica is still in shock. “Thank you.” She stared at the smiling girl in front of her. “Did you forget your key?”
 
Sooyoung shook her head cutely. “We have a date, remember?”
 
Jessica remembered. “Oh.”
 
“You forgot.” Sooyoung pouted. Before Jessica could speak, she opened again. “That’s okay. Can I come in?”
 
Jessica looked at her confusedly. “You live her, Sooyoung.”
 
Sooyoung shook her head again. “I’m not Sooyoung, the housemate. I’m Sooyoungie, your date.”
 
Jessica giggled at Sooyoung’s silliness. “Fine, come in.” She opened the door widely so that Sooyoung can pass. Sooyoung entered the house.
 
Jessica noticed that Sooyoung’s still waiting for her permission to sit down. “Oh, just sit down!”
 
Sooyoung sat down and scanned the room. “You have a nice place.” She said seriously.
 
“Just feel at home, Sooyoung.” Jessica decided to play with Sooyoung. “I’ll just get dressed. Give me fifteen minutes.”
 
“Is is possible for you to look even better? You’re a goddess.” Sooyoung commented.
 
Jessica walked away before her face turned red.
 
 
**
 
 
At the restaurant…
 
“You look beautiful, Jessica.” Sooyoung finally said what she had always wanted to say.
 
Jessica thanked her. “This dress really looks beautiful.”
 
“I was talking about you, pabo.”
 
“Pabo?! Who are you calling, pabo?!”
 
Sooyoung chuckled. “Whoa, whoa, whoa. Calm down. I just want you to understand my point. You keep avoiding my praises.”
 
“Your lies.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Nothing.”
 
“You think I’m lying?”
 
“You said that to every girl you dated, right?” 
 
Sooyoung almost choke when she heard that. “What other girls?”
 
“Jiyeon and your other girls.”
 
Sooyoung laughed. Jessica felt awkward just watching the other girl laughing. “What’s funny?”
 
“Sorry. You made me sound like I was a player.”
 
“And you’re denying it?” Jessica raised her eyebrow.
 
“You’re not a good journalist.” Sooyoung stated.
“What? How dare you judge me?”
 
“How dare you judge me?” Sooyoung shot back. She has her wide smile and Jessica finds this annoying.
 
Sooyoung spoke again. “Jiyeon was my first girlfriend.”
 
Jessica’s eyes widened. “What?”
 
“You did not do your assignment, Ms. Jung. You should have done some further research. You disappointed me.”
 
“But I thought.. they said..” Jessica was embarrassed.
 
“You thought I do this with other girls? You thought I say things like that to other girls?” Sooyoung is serious now.
 
“I’m sorry.” Jessica looked down. She didn’t know how to face Sooyoung.
 
“Sica.”
 
Jessica did not look up.
 
“Sica~”
 
Still not moving.
 
“Hey, Sica. Are you asleep?” Sooyoung suspected.
 
Jessica quickly looked up. “I’m not!”
 
Sooyoung laughed again. “Sorry. Now, I need you to look at me.”
 
Jessica’s eyes travelled around. 
 
“My eyes are…” She touched Jessica’s face with both of her hands and forced her into looking at her. “…here.”
 
Jessica tried hard not to blush but she didn’t try to escape Sooyoung’s gaze anymore. “What?”
 
“I’m always sincere when it comes to you. I was serious when I said you were beautiful.” She removed her hands from Jessica’s face.
 
She reached out to hold Jessica’s hands. Jessica was still staring at her.
 
“And I was not lying before when I said I like you.” She rubbed Jessica’s hands with her thumb gently.
 
Both of their hearts were beating fast. 
 
 
***
 
 
They were holding hands when they walked out of the restaurant. Even while driving Sooyoung did not let go of Jessica’s hand.
 
“Mothers really know best.”
 
Jessica was surprise at the random statement. 
 
“A year ago, my mom helped me pick out a car. I insisted to have a manual car but she told me to get the automatic one. I’m glad I took her advice. Her argument is way too valid.”
 
“I don’t understand.”
 
“She told me I should get an automatic one so that I can still hold my girl’s hand while driving.” She looked at Jessica and smiled.
 
Jessica can’t help but return the smile.
 
When they arrived home, Sooyoung made sure to walk Jessica to her room. She’s still holding Jessica’s hands.
 
“You don’t have to walk me up to my bedroom door, Sooyoung.”
 
“I want to. I don’t want our date to end.” Sooyoung confessed.
 
They reached Jessica’s door. “We’re here.” She awkwardly removed her hand from Sooyoung’s hold. “What are you waiting for?” She asked Sooyoung.
 
“I won’t leave until I’m sure you’re safe.”
 
Jessica laughed. “Fine, I’ll go in now. Goodnight. Thank you for tonight.”
Sooyoung finally got the courage she needed. She kissed Jessica on her cheek. “Goodnight, my princess.” She gave her a sweet smile.
 
Jessica replied shyly. The truth is she’s already screaming inside. They couldn’t wipe off the smile on their face as they were lying on their bed. They recalled everything that happened that night.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Wow, 'I can't choose' won! I did not expect that. hehe 

But still, thank you everyone for supporting all my fics.

I don't think I deserve all the love I'm getting. 

I'll try to write better chapters for all of you.

Sorry for the late update but you liked it! :)))