Final Chapter

She

 

 

“Guys, you know Suzy already. Suzy, my silly friends, Taeyeon and Tiffany.” Yuri introduced Suzy to the grinning couple. She should not have agreed on this double date but when she mentioned it to Suzy, the girl insisted that she would love to hang out with them.

 

“Long time no see, Suzy.” Tiffany gave the girl a sweet smile.

 

“Last time we saw you was with another friend of ours.” Taeyeon was just teasing the newly arrived couple.

 

Suzy looked down. She didn’t want them to think that she’s playing with Sooyoung and now with Yuri. Taeyeon saw the look and immediately regretted what she just said. Yuri glared at her.

 

“I’m sorry. I was just joking around. I’m sorry if I offended you. We’re glad you’re with Yuri now.”

 

“We’re not…” Yuri started to say.

 

“But you’ll be together soon. What’s the difference?” Taeyeon exclaimed.

 

Tiffany chuckled. “Don’t be so loud. People are looking, baby.”

 

“Sorry.” Taeyeon smiled cutely. “Suzy, don’t be shy and act like we’re old friends. We’ve known each other for a long time now, right?”

 

Suzy nodded. “Thank you.”

 

“No, thank you! When Yuri was not seeing anyone, I had no choice but to spend my time with her and babysit that big baby. But now you’re here, I’m free from my babysitting job.”

 

“Yah! I’m not a baby!”

 

“There was a time when I even felt like I’m the third wheel to their relationship.” Tiffany admitted which made them all laugh.

 

“It was not that bad. You two are inseparable. How can you be the third wheel? And I honestly thought you loved my company, Taengoo. I’m hurt.”

 

Taeyeon laughed. “Stop sulking. This is the baby I’m talking about.”

 

 

*

 

“What are we doing here?” Jessica asked suspiciously. She knew Sooyoung is not really fond of the said restaurant because it was the restaurant where Jessica had her date with Donghae. For the same reason, she doesn’t like the restaurant either. It brings back bad memories.

 

“We’re meeting someone.” Sooyoung plainly answered.

 

“Who?” Jessica raised her eyebrows. She doesn’t feel good at all with this meeting. She felt that something’s bad going to happen. Sooyoung didn’t tell her anything and she was practically dragged by the latter towards here.

 

“Reservation for Choi Sooyoung.” Sooyoung told the waiter.

 

The waiter smiled. “This way, Miss.”

 

They sat at one of the private areas in the restaurant. Jessica observed her surroundings. “I didn’t know they have a private area like this.”

 

“That’s because you came with another date here. If you went here with me…”

 

Jessica looked down. “Please don’t remind me of that.”

 

Sooyoung noticed the sudden drop of Jessica’s mood. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to remind you bad memories.”

 

“It’s okay. My fault. I have to face the consequences.”

 

“Sica, we already faced the consequences a long time ago. Now, let’s just put all those behind us and move on.”

 

Jessica noticed the use of the term “move on”. She was silently praying that when Sooyoung used the phase it doesn’t mean moving on without her. Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard the door opened. She was shocked to see the person they are meeting.

 

“Mom!”

 

Her mom didn’t smiled. Instead, she glared at Sooyoung like Jessica was not there.

 

“Good afternoon, Mrs. Jung. Thank you for meeting us.” Sooyoung  took a 90-deg bow.

 

“It concerns my daughter so I need to save her from making the same mistake.”

 

“Mom..” Jessica tried to stop her mom’s harsh words. Her mom sat beside her and Jessica wanted to go to the other side of the table right beside Sooyoung to support the other girl on this.

 

“What? You’ve only been here for a few months and this girl is bothering you again.”

 

“Mom, I was the one who approached her again.”

 

Her mom shook her head. She turned to Sooyoung. “I believe you have something important to say.”

 

Jessica’s heart is beating fast. She had no idea why Sooyoung would do this. Sooyoung knew about her mom’s position in their relationship so why would she want to inflict herself her own pain, Jessica asked herself.

 

“I want to have your approval.” Sooyoung said seriously while looking straight at Mrs. Jung’s eyes. Jessica’s eyes widened. Sooyoung continued speaking ignoring the reactions from the two. “I want to date your daughter. Can you please give me your blessing?”

 

“Are you kidding me?”

 

“Sooyoung…” Jessica whispered. Her first reaction was shock but what followed was a deeper admiration to the person sitting across the tanle.

 

She has been waiting patiently for Sooyoung to recover from her recent heartbreak and she was hoping the other girl would take her back. If not now, maybe in the future. Seeing Sooyoung making an effort now, she knew that the girl is ready to love again and she can say that she’s the happiest person now. She wanted to hug the girl to show the other girl how much she appreciated her gesture.

 

Mrs. Jung spoke again. “This is a joke, right?”

 

Sooyoung did not break their eye contact even though Mrs. Jung was clearly trying to kill her with her glare. “No, Mrs. Jung. If we’re doing this again, I don’t want to do it behind your back. I’m asking for your approval because you’re her mother and I know it’ll make her happy if she’ll have your support in this.”

 

Sooyoung glanced at Jessica who’s now smiling shyly at her with a tint of red on her cheeks. “But I would just like you to know that I will still pursue your daughter regardless of how you feel about us.”

 

Mrs. Jung looked away. She can’t stand the look Sooyoung was giving her. She wasn’t trying to scare her but Sooyoung’s eyes were full of determination.

 

“I’m not trying to be evil here. I always want what’s best for my daughter.”

“Mom, what’s best for me isn’t necessarily what will make me happy.” Jessica finally had the courage to speak. If Sooyoung’s taking a leap for this relationship to work, she has to try to make this work too. “That’s all I want. I want to be happy and Sooyoung is my happiness.”

 

Sooyoung was glad Jessica’s backing her up.

 

“But you’re supposed to be with a man. You’re supposed to marry a decent guy and you’ll build your own family.”

 

Jessica scoffed. “That was your dream, mom. I never said that. I dreamed of finding love and spend the rest of my life with that person.” She looked at Sooyoung and reached for her hand on the other side of the table. Sooyoung gladly held her hands tightly and squeezed it. “I love you.” She mouthed.

 

Jessica smiled. “Mom, I love her. Please let me be with her.”

 

After a long silence, Jessica’s mom stood up and prepared to leave. Jessica sighed sadly because her mother refused to be happy for her. Sooyoung squeezed her hand to comfort Jessica.

 

They were surprised when the older lady turned around and spoke once again. “I still don’t approve of your relationship and I’ll still pray to God for you to meet the right guy. But for now, I’ll let you be happy with Sooyoung.”

 

The two were pleasantly surprised. Jessica stood up and hugged her mom. “Thank you, mom. I love you.”

 

Sooyoung also stood up and bowed to Sica’s mom again. “Thank you, Mrs. Jung. I will take care of your daughter. I will treat her like a princess.” She bowed again.

 

Mrs. Jung showed a small smile before leaving.

 

 

**

 

The two girls were left alone in the restaurant. After Jessica’s mom left, they stayed silent. They just resorted to looking each other with wide smiles on their faces. They finally ordered food when the waiter came by and interrupted their staring contest.

 

“I can’t take off my smile.” Sooyoung said, breaking the sweet silence between them.

 

“Wipe off that smile before the waiter thinks he’s serving a crazy girl.”

 

“Crazy for you.”

 

Jessica automatically blushed. “If you want to do this again with me, you have to lessen your cheesiness.”

 

Sooyoung laughed. “Do what?”

 

“You know what I mean.”

 

“I’m not sure if I know that. Please tell me.”

 

Jessica is shy to say it just because Sooyoung keeps teaser her. “Don’t tease me. I hate it when you do that.”

 

“Do you really?”

 

“What?”

 

“Hate me?”

 

“No!” Jessica said that too loud. She blushed. “I’m sorry for that.”

 

“So you love me?”

 

“I won’t answer that.”

 

“It’s okay. I want to this again with you, be your girlfriend, because I love you. So, do you love me too, Jessica Jung?”

 

Jessica shyly nodded. “I never stopped loving you, Sooyoung.”

 

Sooyoung smiled widely. “Great! You got yourself a girlfriend. Now, don’t leave me again, okay? My poor heart doesn’t deserve to suffer again.”

 

"Who said that I'm your girlfriend again?" It was Jessica's turn to tease.

 

"Sica~" Sooyoung whined.

 

"Stop pouting or I'll kiss you."

 

"I dare you." Sooyoung said while suppressing a smile.

 

Jessica stood up. She grabbed Sooyoung's collar and held it tightly. She finally smiled and pulled Sooyoung to kiss her. Sooyoung responded with an equal passion to Jessica's kiss. 

 

"I won." Jessica declared after pulling away from Sooyoung. 

 

"No, I won." Sooyoung grinned like she had won the lottery. "That was hot."

 

Jessica laughed. 

 

"Sica, are you my girlfriend now?" Sooyoung asked just to make sure.

 

Jessica laughed again. "I just kissed you, right? What do you think?"

 

"I don't like mind games anymore. Just answer me." Sooyoung whined like a kid.

 

"Ugh! Fine. I love you, Sooyoung. Please be mine again."

 

"My pleasure." Sooyoung kissed the top of her hands and didn't let go of it until the food arrived.

 

They have their lunch for the first time as a couple again. 

 

 

 


 

A/N:

Mixed feelings right now. I'm glad that I've already finished this fic after more than a year. WOW.

But I'm also sad because I will miss you all.

I'm sorry if I disappointed you through the way and if I didn't meet your expectations.

I promise to work harder and improve my writing skills next time, whenever that may be. :)

I'll post an epilogue soon as a bonus for all of you.

Thank you everyone for waiting patiently for each of my updates.

Thank you for all your compliments and comments. 

I love you all! Let's keep in touch. You can even tweet me. @Aly_yanna(more personal account) or @OnlySooyoungie

Never say goodbye, hello~