Chapter 5

She

 

 
 
 
Jessica searched Sooyoung on Facebook. She convinced herself that she’s only doing this because of her article that she should be writing about Sooyoung. Purely research, she said to herself.
 
But her fingers had gone beyond to what she needs to see. She’s now in the Photos section. She has heard a lot about Sooyoung and her girlfriend. Maybe it’s just right to see Sooyoung’s girlfriend. She’s related to the subject of her article after all.
 
She kept looking for pictures but none. Sooyoung’s Facebook account is clean of any pictures of them together. This made Jessica even more curious about their relationship. She keeps scanning but she didn’t dare add Sooyoung as a friend. She doesn’t even know me, she thought.
 
“What are you doing?” Tiffany came out of nowhere. She approached Jessica. She attempted looking at Jessica’s laptop but Sica was too quick and put her laptop aside, away from Tiffany. “I was just writing something.”
 
“Oh…” Tiffany let it go easily. “So, did you get the interview?”
 
“Not yet. We will meet later. I texted her earlier and she agreed to meet at a coffee shop.” She picked her laptop again, careful not to let Tiffany catch a glimpse of it. She finally shut it down.
 
“Jessica, you don’t know how lucky you are. You’ll talk to Sooyoung. You’ll even see her up close.” Tiffany said this excitedly. 
 
“She’s too overrated.” Jessica broke Tiffany’s daydreaming.
 
Tiffany glared at her. “I don’t know about you but she’s so charming and beautiful.”
 
“Are you turning gay for her?” Jessica made it sound like a joke but she’s really interested with Tiffany’s answer.
 
Tiffany laughed out loud, maybe too loud that it almost sounded fake. “Are you nuts? I’m straight. I won’t fall in love with a girl.” 
 
“Okay, okay! Why do you have to be so defensive? I was just kidding.” Jessica was wondering why Tiffany acted like that.
 
“I was not being defensive. I was just saying that I’ll never fall in love with a girl.”
 
“So am I.” Jessica said. At that point, she remembered Sooyoung. She stood up and prepared to leave.
 
“You’re leaving already?”
 
Jessica checked her watch again. It’s too early. “I have to go to the coffee shop already.”
 
“Really? Goodluck! Have fun with your date with Sooyoung!” Tiffany said out loud. Some people turned to look.
 
“It’s not a date!” Jessica shouted back then bowed to apologize to the people around.
 
*
 
Jessica arrived an hour earlier than what they agreed to. She kept looking at her watch. She also tried practicing on what she’ll say to Sooyoung. She can’t stop thinking about what she will do when she sees Sooyoung walk through the door. She purposedly sat at the side facing the door so that she’ll see Sooyoung enter the coffee shop.
 
Sooyoung arrived five minutes late. 
 
“Hi…I’m sorry, what’s your name again?”
 
Jessica stood up quickly, hitting her arm at the table on the process. “Hel..Ouch!” She touched the hurt part of her arm.
 
“Are you okay?” Sooyoung was about to go to her side.
 
“I’m fine.” Inside, Jessica is still in pain. Her arm hit the table too hard. “I’m Jessica Jung.” Jessica was about to continue speaking but Sooyoung interrupted her.
 
“Jessica Jung, beautiful name. Just right for someone beautiful like you.” Sooyoung smiled.
 
Jessica blushed at the statement. She cleared . “Can we please proceed with the interview?”
 
“How about we order coffee first?” Sooyoung suggested.
 
“Of course. Go ahead. I’m done with mine.” 
 
Sooyoung went to the counter to order her coffee. Jessica couldn’t help but look at Sooyoung and observe her every move. Sooyoung came back with her coffee a little later.
 
“I can’t live without coffee. This keeps me running amidst all these.” Sooyoung is sharing a fact about her. Jessica quickly wrote it on her paper. Sooyoung giggled at her actions.
 
“Are you going to be like this the whole night?”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Writing down everything I tell you.”
 
Jessica kept nodding like a kid. “Cute.” It suddenly came out from Sooyoung’s mouth.
 
Jessica dropped her pen with the sudden remark.
 
Sooyoung giggled again. “What a fun interview.”
 
Jessica kept her head down in embarrassment.
 
 
**
 
 
Tiffany was walking alone in the mall. She’s looking for a gift for her mom since she’ll be celebrating her birthday soon. She saw this bag but it was too expensive. She was so frustrated that she decided to go home. Just then, she recognized a girl standing outside a boutique.
 
“Taeyeon.” She called her name flatly.
 
Taeyeon turned around to see it was and she smiled upon seeing Tiffany.
 
“Hi, Tiffany! I was having a rough day but then, I see you now. I’m happy now.” Taeyeon’s smiling widely.
 
“Yeah, right. Don’t tell me you followed me here.” 
 
Taeyeon laughed. “When did you become this funny?”
 
Then, someone came out from the boutique. “Taeyeon, I bought this cute dress…” She stopped talking when she saw Taeyeon’s company. Tiffany was not too happy to see the other girl.
 
“Oh, it’s you…” The girl said.
 
“Long time no see, Nana.” Tiffany forced out a smile. She glanced from Taeyeon to Nana. Her bestfriend from high school is with her number one enemy in high school.
 
“Right.” Both girls just glared at each other. “Taetae, let’s go.” The girl walked away before Taeyeon could react.
 
“See you at campus, Tiffany.” Taeyeon said before following Nana.
 
Tiffany watched the two walk away. “Taetae, huh?” She had that painful smile in that face. 
 
I was the only one who calls you Taetae. I guess not anymore. 
 
 
***
 
 
After two hours…
 
“Did you get everything that you want?” Sooyoung asked.
 
Jessica nodded. “Yes, thank you.”
 
“You’re not going to ask me about my girlfriend?”
 
Jessica who was organizing her things stopped moving. She has been wanting to ask this ever since they started talking but she can’t seem to open the topic. “Do you want us to know something about your girlfriend?”
 
“Look, I’m just trying to help you with your article. You asked only boring stuffs.” 
 
“Boring stuff? Let’s see how the students will feel when they find out that you refer to this election as boring stuff.”
 
Sooyoung laughed. “Miss Jessica Jung, you’re scaring me.”
 
“Thank you again for the interview. Good luck with the elections. See you around.” Jessica stood up from her seat.
 
Sooyoung stood up as well and bowed to Jessica. “My pleasure, Jessica. Hey, I don’t care what you write in that article. But I want you to know that I am serious about this. I don’t know how these things work but I really want to serve the university. I believe that I can do the job. Many people are believing in me and I don’t want to disappoint them.”
 
Jessica didn’t know how to react. “Why are you telling me this?”
 
“Because I can feel like you’ve been waiting for me to say something wrong all throughout the interview. It’s like you’re looking for my weakness.” 
 
Jessica gulped upon hearing this. It is true that she has been observing Sooyoung carefully. “I-it’s j-j-just…”
 
“You don’t have to explain.” Sooyoung is still smiling. “It’s your job, I understand.”
 
“I was just trying to figure you out. I don’t believe that you are this perfect girl they described you. I believe that you are more than that.”
 
Sooyoung didn’t expect it to come from someone like Jessica. She smiled warmly at Jessica. “It’s nice to meet you, Jessica.” She offered her hand. Jessica shook it. Still, Jessica can’t look Sooyoung straight to the eyes.
 
 
 
 

 
 
I see some people are finally noticing.. Sooyoung+Jiyeon= SooYeon :)) 
 
I noticed after I wrote the second chapter. What's a great coincidence.
 
Anyway, thanks for my bebes for helping me choose Nana for that character. You know who you are. ^^
 
Don't worry, it'll be TaeNy in the end. 
 
SooSica and TaeNy <3
 
It's Jessica's birthday a little later. I wonder how they'll celebrate it. :)