Chapter 1

She

 

Her POV
 
The rain was pouring hard. The clock of the Arts and Sciences building struck 4 fifteen minutes earlier. I had no choice but to run as fast as I can. I kept bumping into the other students in the corridor but I didn’t care. I can’t be late to our meeting again. My editor didn’t give me an article to write last week. I want my name on our paper next week. 
 
Of all the electives that I can take, why do I have to choose History? The subject is not really that pain in the . I liked History when I was in high school. However, I got the terror professor. He speaks like a robot and assumes that we’re geniuses who can absorb every fact he’s reciting. What made it even worse was he has his own time. He enters class fifteen minutes late, only to dismiss us fifteen minutes late as well. 
 
Once again, I was running late for my Journalism club meeting. I went straightly out of the door and screamed my lungs out when I realized it was raining. I ran back to the building.
 
, I’m wet. Stupid rain.
 
I searched for my umbrella in my bag. “Here I go.” I ran through the rain to get to my college building.
 
“Sorry, I’m late.” I blurted out as soon as I opened the door of our club’s meeting room.
 
“As usual.” The voice came from the front row. It was Taeyeon. She didn’t even bother to look around. I need to talk to that girl soon. I can’t remember anything bad that I did to her. She has no right to treat me like that.
 
“Sorry.” I bowed.
 
“It’s okay. The rain is pouring hard, we understand,” the editor-in-chief said.
 
“Thank you, Miss Boa.” I was about to take a seat in the back when Tiffany signaled me to sit beside her.
 
“I actually saved you a seat.” Tiffany smiled with her beautiful eyes.
 
“Thanks.” I mumbled in reply.
 
“Your best friend is mad at you again.”
 
“Huh? Who?” I wasn’t sure about what she’s talking about.
 
“I was talking about Taeyeon.”
 
“Oh..right.” Tiffany has been the complete opposite of Taeyeon. She has been really friendly ever since I met her. She’s the only one I can consider friend in this club.
 
The editor-in-chief was explaining this week’s articles. “The election will happen very soon. As for the list of candidates, it will be posted tomorrow. This is one important article. I want us to be the first newspaper in the university to publish the names of those candidates.”
 
As much as I wanted to listen to everything she’s saying, I still haven’t moved on from Taeyeon’s ing attitude earlier. If only eyes can kill, I could have been arrested now.
 
 
 
She’s POV
 
I don't know what just happened. One hour ago, I was just a normal college student. But not too long ago, I agreed to run for the position of vice chairperson in our university. I entered the crazy world of politics.
 
I'm sitting in a room full of familiar faces, people who I share common principles with. But these people, they've been planning about this ever since the semester started. As for me, I'm not sure if this is for me. There were murmurs everywhere. Every once in a while, they asked me questions. Some were for the elections. Some were just for small talks.
 
I've been studying here in Seoul National University for two years now. I witnessed last year's election. It was just like the national elections. Intense, it is. I have my own advocacies but never did I imagine that I would sign that certificate of candidacy.
 
"Let's start the meeting." A large voice broke the noises in the whole room. That voice was Siwon. He was the president of our student party. I met him a year ago when I was doing my community service in an orphanage. He was the first person who told me that I should run for office. I don't know why I believed him. Maybe I am crazy after all.
 
"We are here to think of our campaign strategies. Candidates' names will be posted tomorrow. We know some people from the other parties who are also running for office."
 
There were some whispers around the room. Siwon continued.  "But right now, we don't care about them. We have to focus on our own campaign. You will represent our party because we believe that you will lead our university well. But we still have to make your names known."
 
"This will be a long night." Hyomin whispered to her. She will run for president. I don't know her that much but from what I heard, she seemed to be a nice person, too nice for this kind of job.
 
An hour passed with them planning about Hyomin's campaign. Then now, I get to be on the spotlight.
 
“Now, I believe you will be a difficult case.” Siwon said while looking at me.
 
I smiled. I don’t know what to tell them. They’re the ones who took me in.
 
“What are we going to do with your girlfriend?”
 
“Can we not involve my love life here?” I don’t care what people say about me but I just don’t see its relevance in this election. 
There were some remarks behind. I’m not sure if I even want to hear them. Siwon looked so serious in front. “You have a choice. We can cover it up for you or we can use your gender to earn votes.”
 
I adjusted my seat. Knowing that people’s attentions are all on me now makes me a little uncomfortable.
 
“I don’t want the term ‘use’ but yes, I don’t want to hide a relevant something from the other students. If I’m going to win, I will win because they accept who I am even before this crazy campaign.”
 
“If that’s how you like it to be…”
 
“But I’d like to keep my girlfriend’s identity in private.” She still has no idea about this and I know I have to tell her as soon as possible.
 
“Noted.” 
 
 
 

 

And I'm baaaack!! :))\

Did you miss me? 

This chapter was dedicated to introduce the main characters.

But yeah, I didn't indicate who's who. hehe

By the way, I really wanted to write something original.

I don't if this is, but I thought about the concept for a long time.

Also, I appreciate your comments a lot. Thanks for subscribing.

I wanna read what you think about this chapter!