Chapter 11

She

 

 
 
The whole day has been uncomfortable for Jessica and Sooyoung. Even if they don’t want to admit it, they enjoyed all every moment. Jessica has gotten used to Yuri’s teasing. Sooyoung has been cool with it so Jessica doesn’t see any reason for her to be uncomfortable. Well, of course except for the fact that she has a crush on Sooyoung.
 
This is the first time Jessica is more than two feet away from Sooyoung ever since they got here. Sooyoung and Yuri are playing basketball with some of the kids while Jessica watched from the bench. She watched as Sooyoung runs back and forth the basketball court. Sulli and Baekhyun adorably poked Jessica’s cheeks to get her attention away from Sooyoung for a second.
 
“Unnie, I love Sooyoung unnie too. Is that okay?” Sulli asked shyly.
 
Jessica giggled at her cuteness. She was awkward with the kids earlier but as time passed by, she has gotten comfortable with them already. “Of course you can love Sooyoung too. She has a big heart to receive all our love and love us back.” Jessica blushed at her own words.
 
“Nuna…” It was Baekhyun’s turn to speak. “Will you marry me when I grow up?”
 
Jessica’s eyes widened because of the unexpected question thrown at her. “Uhm…uhm…”
 
Sooyoung heard their conversation as she was approaching them and laughed when she saw Jessica’s reaction. “Yah Baekhyun! She’s mine.”
 
Baekhyun scratched his head in disappointment when he heard this. “But nuna…” He whined.
 
Sooyoung messed up Baekyun’s hair. Then, she turned back to Jessica who’s now trying to hide her blushing face. She’s cursing herself in own head because she can’t control her reaction to Sooyoung’s words.
 
Sooyoung was having doubts if it was her words that caused Jessica to blush. She quickly dismissed these thoughts and concluded that Jessica blushed because of Baekhyun’s question, not because of her.
 
“Are you done playing?”
 
“I’m tired.” Sooyoung is still catching her breath. “I don’t know where these kids get their energy.”
 
Jessica stood up to get something. Sooyoung checked her phone for any messages. She found 5 missed calls from Jiyeon. “Oh, . I’m dead.” Sooyoung mumbled to herself. She called Jiyeon back.
 
“Baby…” Sooyoung greeted once Jiyeon answered her call.
 
On the other end of the line, Jiyeon is preparing for the party. She was pissed off when she answered her phone because Sooyoung didn’t pick up her phone earlier. Five times. She called Sooyoung five times but she did not get any answer until a couple of hours. 
 
“Oh Sooyoung, you’re alive!” Jiyeon was being sarcastic.
 
“Baby, I’m sorry. I was playing basketball with the kids and I left the phone in my bag.” Sooyoung explained. She has a feeling that her sorry won’t do this time and she was right.
 
“I can’t believe I’m actually jealous with those kids.” Jiyeon said.
 
“Baby, don’t be like that. I invited you to come with me here but you refused.”
 
“I also invited you to my friend’s party and you refused.” Jiyeon defended herself.
 
“Fine. I’m sorry.” Sooyoung apologized.
 
“Again. That was your fourth sorry this week. You just broke your record, Sooyoung. Congratulations.” Sooyoung hated it everytime Jiyeon would act sarcastic like this.
 
“What can I do to make it up to you?”
 
“Come with me to the party. You still have a couple of hours.” Jiyeon demanded.
 
“Baby…”
 
“Let me guess. You can’t go.” Jiyeon sighed. Just then, she heard another voice in the background.
 
“Sooyoung, wipe your sweat and here’s a bottle of water.” It was Jessica. 
 
Jiyeon is not familiar with the voice and it worried her. She heard Sooyoung’s reply on the other end.
 
“Thank you.”
 
“Choi Sooyoung, who is that girl?” Jiyeon gets jealous easily.
 
Sooyoung sensed the jealousy in her tone. But she doesn’t want to lie to her girlfriend. “It’s Jessica. She came with me today to finish the article she was writing about me.”
 
Jiyeon took a while before speaking again. “Is that all?”
 
“What do you mean?” Sooyoung asked even if she totally knew what Jiyeon was trying to imply.
 
“She doesn’t like you, right?” Jiyeon asked.
 
Sooyoung looked at Jessica, who’s playing with the kids, before answering Jiyeon’s question. “I don’t think so, baby.” She doesn’t know why but somehow she felt sad when she said that.
 
“Okay. Just see you, Sooyoung. Hopefully soon.”
 
“I will see you soon, I promise. Bye, baby. Go stun them with your beauty.”
 
“I miss you, baby.”
 
“Miss you more, baby.”
 
They hung up at the same time.
 
 
*
 
 
Taeyeon has been forced by Nana to attend the party. She doesn’t know anyone except for Nana and a couple of her friends. Nana pulled her through the crowd. She seems excited.
 
“Taeyeon, I’ll introduce you to my friends.” Taeyeon found herself within a group of unfamiliar faces.
 
“Girls, I want you to meet Taeyeon.”
 
The girls immediately showered Taeyeon some questions. They’ve heard so much about this girl from Nana. Taeyeon is this… Taeyeon is that… Nana can’t stop talking about her. That’s why they feel like they’ve known Taeyeon for a long time now.
 
“Girls, leave Taeyeon alone.” Nana blocked Taeyeon from her friends. “Are you alright?” She asked Taeyeon.
 
Taeyeon nodded. “Just a little bit overwhelm, I guess.”
 
Nana’s friends hide their smile because Nana’s feelings are so obvious. They were wondering if Taeyeon is just dense, too dense that is, or she’s just pretending that she doesn’t know about Nana’s feelings.
 
“Taeyeon, let’s dance!” Nana tried pulling her but Taeyeon resisted. “I’m tired. You go with your friends, I’ll just wait here.”
 
Nana pouted, hoping that this will convince Taeyeon. Taeyeon thought it was cute but it’s not the most beautiful pout she has seen. She remembered a certain someone who could easily melt her with just one smile. But that is not Nana. “Hey, don’t use that on me. Go ahead, I’ll just watch you from here.”
Nana sighed before following her friends who are already dancing. Taeyeon found one of Nana’s friends by herself at one corner with a drink on her hand. “Why so gloomy? Your friends are all enjoying there.”
 
Jiyeon was surprised at the sudden company. She’s not in a good mood because of her conversation with Sooyoung. It took her a while to recognize the girl who approached her, it is Taeyeon, Nana’s one and only love since high school.
 
“How about you? You’re Nana’s date. Why are you not following her around?”
 
“Date?” Taeyeon awkwardly smiled. “Not exactly. She’s just my best friend.”
 
“That’s bull. It’s impossible for you not to know about Nana’s real feelings for you.” Jiyeon took another sip of her liquor.
 
“We’re best of friends.” Taeyeon insisted. Of course Taeyeon knew about Nana’s feelings for her. The truth is, Taeyeon got closer to Nana when she Tiffany rejected her. It was Nana who comforted her during those times. She hated Nana’s guts until that time. She had no reason to hate the girl except for the fact that Tiffany cannot stand her. 
 
“Tell her that. Her mind is clouded about the idea of you and her. I don’t want my friend’s heart to be broken.”
 
Taeyeon got her own cocktail glass. She felt guilty about her relationship with Nana. Even if it was not intended, she used Nana to replace Tiffany in her life. But who was she fooling? Tiffany can never be replaced in her life life. In her heart.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

As usual, I'm asking for your comments. 

I may not be able to reply to everyone but i do read every single one of them.

Oh, I'm officially on vacation on Wednesday. 

I'll be able to update regularly again, at least until june 11. New semester starts by then.

Anyway, who knows some TaeNy fics? i've read tons of them but i couldn't get enough of them. :)