Chapter 44

She

 

 

“Ugh.” Sooyoung groaned in pain as she felt her throbbing head. This is not the first time it happened because she had been in this situation a lot of times before. She began to drink that Christmas when Jessica left her for Japan.

 

“Good morning, you stupid drunk.” Jessica greeted her with a smile.

 

Despite not feeling well, Sooyoung did not fail to notice Jessica’s beauty. They ended up in a staring contest. Seconds later, Jessica shifted her eyes away from Sooyoung’s gaze. Sooyoung did the same and cleared to fill the silence in the room.

 

“I was just…checking on you since you were so drunk last night I bet you still don’t know how you get here.”

 

Surprisingly, Sooyoung remembers everything, from embarrassing herself in the bar up to her pathetic plead to Jessica not to leave her. She wanted to hit herself for throwing what little dignity she has left. “I remember, actually.”

 

Jessica’s face turned red. She wanted to know where that leaves them but she can’t bring herself to asking Sooyoung about it now. She’s afraid to know the answer.

 

“I forgot to give your gift yesterday.”

 

Sooyoung’s face lit up. “Gift? Gimme gimme gimme!” She extended her hand looking like a kid asking for a gift.

 

Jessica laughed. “You’re just like a kid. You’ve just turn another year older. When will you grow up?” It took her a lot not to pinch Sooyoung’s cheeks. She’s being extremely cute for Jessica to handle.

 

“I don’t care. I love gifts. Do you have it now?”

 

Jessica smiled. “I wasn’t sure what to give you and I don’t know if you’ll like it.”

 

“Oh, quit it. Just give it to me. I’ll love whatever you’ll give since it’s from you.”

 

Jessica blushed. She tried to hide it by pretending to fix her shirt but Sooyoung saw it. “Oh my God, are you blushing. You are!” Sooyoung laughed.

 

Jessica was quick to defend herself. “No, I’m not! Don’t flatter yourself, Sooyoung. This is just makeup.”

 

“Since when did you wear makeup?”

 

“Since now!”

“Your arguments are still lame, Jessica. You haven’t changed at all.” Sooyoung kept on laughing.

 

Jessica reached for the pillow by the end of Sooyoung’s bed and threw it directly to Sooyoung’s face.

 

“Awww!” Sooyoung screamed. “My head hurts.” She touched her head while pouting.

 

Jessica forgot her annoyance and was replaced by worry. “Are you okay? That’s what you get for teasing me like that. Just rest for now.”

 

“But you still haven’t given me your gift.”

 

Jessica sighed. “Wait, I’ll get it.”

 

Jessica returned after a short while with her gift. “If you don’t like it, you can always replace it with another item.”

 

Sooyoung took the box from Jessica. She opened it and saw a bracelet inside. Sooyoung read the incriptions on its back.

 

Always.

 

Jessica wanted to convey her feelings for Sooyoung without disrespecting Suzy. So she just settled with that. It’s just one word but it says everything.

 

“Thank you.” Sooyoung said after a few seconds of staring at it. “It’s perfect.”

 

Jessica smiled and went of the room. She was afraid that she won’t be able to keep herself from hugging Sooyoung if she stayed there for one more second.

 

 

*

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany are watching a movie they rented. They chose to just spend the day at Taeyeon’s place so they enjoy being together in private. That’s how they ended up cuddling on the couch. Secretly, they both love moments like this when it’s just the two of them in each other’s arms.

 

“Fany-ah, I love you.”

 

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon. She was surprised by Taeyeon’s random remark. “That was random.” She chuckled.

 

Taeyeon smiled. “I was just reminding you in case you’ve forgotten. I can’t remember the last time I told you that directly. We’ve been so absorbed with so many things. You’re mine, you know that right?”

 

Tiffany cringed with Taeyeon’s cheesiness. “That was so cheesy, Taetae. Oh my God, that gave me goosebumps.”

 

“Oh shut up. You know you like it.” Taeyeon grinned. She went back to watching the movie. Tiffany was still staring at her. She felt Tiffany’s li[s on her cheek a few seconds later.

 

“Thank you for being the perfect girlfriend.”

 

Taeyeon blushed. With Tiffany it’s like the first kiss every time. “I think that’s my line.”

 

“I said it first.” Tiffany stuck out her tongue.

 

“Dork!” Taeyeon told Tiffany.

 

“Now that’s my line!” Tiffany chuckled as she hold Taeyeon’s face in between of her hands and planted a kiss on her lips.

 

“Wow.” Taeyeon was out of words.

 

Tiffany smiled and her eyes wet back to the television. “Focus, Kim Taeyeon. Watch the movie.”

 

Taeyeon tightened her arms around Tiffany as she focused on watching the movie.

 

 

**

 

“New bracelet?”

 

Sooyoung nodded.

 

“Who gave it to you?”

 

“Jessica.” Sooyoung answered honestly but deep inside, she wished Suzy would just let it go.

 

They’re eating dinner that night. It has been awkward the whole ride to the restaurant. Sooyoung would initiate the conversation but Suzy will just answer with either yes or a no. It’s the first conversation Suzy had actually started but it’ll be awkward to continue the talk.

She was thankful when Suzy did not ask further. They continued eating dinner in peace.

 

“It’s still her?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Cut the crap, Sooyoung. You know what I mean. Let’s make things easier for both of us. Do you still love her?”

 

“Suzy, you’re my girlfriend.”

 

“Yes, I know that but I also know for a fact that she still comes first in your heart.”

 

Sooyoung sighed. “We’re over. And you, you are my present so of course, you’re my number one.”

 

“Is it because of pity?”

 

“Huh? This is getting absurd.” Sooyoung can’t believe they’re having the conversation now, at a public place. “I thought we’re okay.”

 

“I thought so too until you called her name when you were drunk last night.”

 

“Why is that important? So I called her name, it’s not like I told her I love her.” Sooyoung knew where Suzy is coming from but she doesn’t want to lose in this conversation. She doesn’t want to lose Suzy.

 

“You didn’t but you asked her to stay.”

 

“I need you.” Sooyoung ran out of anything else to say. This is the only thing she’s sure of.

 

“Do you love me?” Suzy asked. “Can you tell me that you love me?”

 

Silence.

 

Sooyoung couldn’t say it. Whenever she thinks of the word love, Jessica pops to mind and not Suzy.

 

“I guess that says it all.” Suzy stood up from her seat. “Goodbye, Sooyoung. Thank you for everything.”

 

Suzy left.

 

 

 


 

Update!

I'll be looking forward to your comments. :))