Chapter 2

She

 

 
The editor-in-chief was still discussing about the elections. This will be the talk of the town for the coming weeks. Every newspaper in the campus will write about it. They have to do well. ‘The Voice’, their newspaper, has to do well.
 
“I want us to be the first one to publish the names of the candidates. What we know is that the Office of Student Affairs will release it tomorrow. Regarding the exact time, we still don’t know. But I’m giving the assignment to you, Jessica Jung.”
 
Jessica had a surprise look on her face when her name was called. The assignment is an important article and she was entrusting it to Jessica, someone who has not written an article for a couple of weeks now for being late.
 
Before Jessica could react, Taeyeon shared her thoughts first. “What do you mean, Boa? Do you really want to give her the assignment when she couldn’t even show up to the meeting on time?”
 
“Let’s give her a chance. I’m sure Jessica will do her best.”
 
“Y-yes. I will try my very best. Thank you.” Jessica answered with a nervous smile.
 
 
 
After the meeting…
 
“Congratulations!” Tiffany was so excited.
 
“It’s just an article, Tiff.” Jessica doesn’t want to get the pressure in her head soon so she tried to remain calm as usual.
 
“But still… Taeyeon got the assignment last year. I think she was expecting that Boa will give her the same article because she covered last elections in success.” 
 
Jessica has a sudden realization. “Wait, does it mean I’ll be in charge of this year’s election?”
 
“Maybe if you’re successful with this article.” Tiffany looked so excited. She seemed genuinely happy for her friend. She’s the type of girl who has no insecurity with herself or with others.
 
“I’m nervous.” Jessica said. “This will be the article of my life.”
 
“I’m sure you’ll do fine. You’re Jessica Jung.”
 
“Sometimes that’s the problem.”
 
Tiffany giggled at her friend's remark.
 
 
*
 
Tiffany was waiting for the bus to arrive. It was pretty late in the evening considering she left their house at six in the morning. A familiar car stopped in front of her.
 
The car window slid down. “Get in.” It was Taeyeon. Tiffany ignored her.
 
“It’s already late. I bet your mom is waiting outside your house right now.”
 
Tiffany tried ignoring her but when she caught a glimpse of her watch, she knew that Taeyeon is right. Her mom is already worrying about her. In addition, her phone died a while ago. She couldn’t contact her mom to inform her about coming home late.
 
“Well?”
 
“Fine!” Tiffany opened the door and sat beside Taeyeon. “Hi, John.” Tiffany greeted Taeyeon’s driver.
 
“Hi, Tiffany. Long time no see.”
 
“How come you greeted him and not me?” Taeyeon is acting childish again, a part of her that only Tiffany knows.
 
“Because he’s not a being a little .” Tiffany said.
 
“Ouch! That was a double attack.” Taeyeon just took it as a joke.
 
“I’m not kidding here. You’ve got to stop being such a little, I repeat, a little to Jessica."
 
“Oh, you’re talking about your friend Jessica.”
 
“Yes, I am. She has done nothing to you and yet, you’re treating her really bad ever since she joined the club. Don’t tell me that you’re threatened by her.
Taeyeon laughed. “You think you know me that well?”
 
 
**
 
Jessica had been staring at the pile of her reading assignments she has to read by tonight when her phone rang. It was her mother.
 
“Mom…”
 
“Hello, darling. You sound so tired. Are you okay?”
 
“Yes, mom. I’m perfectly fine.”
 
“How about your grades?”
 
“Did you call just to ask me that?”
 
 
***
 
 
“Sooyoung, someone’s looking for you.” 
 
Sooyoung was just about to enter her dreamland when she was called. They had been working about the campaign for the councilors for hours now. It’s already midnight.
 
“Can you excuse me for a minute?” Sooyoung asked Siwon.
 
“Sure. But please, don’t take too long.”
 
Sooyoung kept stretching her arms as she was walking. She found her girlfriend waiting at the lobby.
 
“Baby, what are you doing here?” Sooyoung leaned to kiss her girlfriend on the cheeks.
 
“I just want to see you. Your friends told me that you’re here. I miss you, babe.”
 
“I miss you too. Come here, baby.” Sooyoung hugged her girlfriend tight.
 
“What is that meeting about? It’s almost midnight and my baby is still here.”
 
“Don’t be mad because I’m only telling you know because believe me, I also didn’t know until today.”
 
“What is it? You’re making me nervous.”
 
Sooyoung giggled. “It’s nothing to be nervous about.”
 
“Then tell me.”
 
“I’m running for Vice Chairperson.” Sooyoung finally blurted out. Her girlfriend didn’t give her any reaction until a few seconds of silence. “Will you still have time for me?”
 
Sooyoung laughed. She didn’t expect this response from her girl. “And here I am worrying about publicizing our relationship.”
 
Her girlfriend giggled. “I don’t care about what others think. I’m proud of you. Besides, everyone knows you're bi.” She planted a quick kiss on Sooyoung’s lips.
 
“Sooyoung, they need you inside.” A voice interrupted them.
 
Sooyoung gave him a quick nod and turned to face her girlfriend again. “I’ll call you. Text me when you get home.”
 
“Yes, boss.” She let out a cute smile.
 
Sooyoung walked her girlfriend to her car. She gave her a goodnight kiss before closing the car door.
 
“Drive safe, Park Jiyeon.”
 
Jiyeon waved at her before driving off.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Update!

So far, I've been introducing so many characters in this fic. It was nexcessary that I name them but it doesn't mean that they'll all be a big part in this fic. okay? :)

Oh and just so you know, I based Sooyoung's character to a real person. 

She also ran for vice chairperson here in our university, she's bi and she has a girlfriend.

I don't know her personally but she is famous. 

Anyway, I replied to your comments! Read them! :)) 

And if I can be greedier, I want more comments! I wanna here from you all!!! :))