Chapter 6

She

 

 
 
“Good morning!” Jessica greeted Tiffany as she caught up with her friend towards their first class.
 
“Someone’s in a good mood.” Tiffany observed her friend.
 
“I had a good sleep.” Jessica explained.
 
“Are you sure it’s just that? How about the date?” Tiffany friend.
 
“Tiffany! For the last time, that was not a date. But if you wanted to ask about my interview, I’m just glad it’s over.” Jessica told her friend.
 
“Over?” Tiffany giggled. “Do you really think that’s your last interview with Sooyoung?” 
 
Jessica  couldn’t understand what Tiffany was trying to say. “What do you know, Tiff?”
 
“I just know that you’ll be seeing more of Sooyoung. And again, you’re so lucky, Jessie.” 
 
They entered the classroom and soon enough their professor came.
 
 
*
 
 
After class ended, the two friends decided to eat their lunch together. They were walking with each other, chatting and talking like normal friends do. Something caught Jessica’s eyes. 
 
“Could it be Sooyoung?” She mumbled while eyeing a girl from afar.
 
“What did you say?” Tiffany asked.
 
Jessica turned to Tiffany. “Oh, nothing.”
 
“Okay. I thought you were saying something.”
 
Jessica turned towards that direction again. Now, she is sure that it’s Sooyoung. Sooyoung was headed towards a parked car. Jessica realized that they were about to passed that car. Sooyoung got in the car. They were still a few feet away but Jessica saw a girl on the driver’s seat. She immediately assumed that she is the girlfriend.
 
She’s wearing shades that’s why Jessica couldn’t see her face. They were just talking. Jessica was expecting to see them kiss. She couldn’t take her eyes off of them until she realized that they were in front of the car already. If Sooyoung will just look ahead in front, she’ll see Jessica. Jessica looked down immediately.
 
“So, where do you want to eat?”
 
Jessica was still thinking about the couple. “I saw her.”
 
“Who?” Tiffany asked.
 
“Sooyoung. She’s with her girlfriend.” She said flatly.
 
“Sooyoung? Where?” Tiffany looked around.
 
“They were in her girlfriend’s car.”
 
“Why didn’t you tell me immediately?” Tiffany wanted to see Sooyoung and her girlfriend.
 
“What do you expect me to do? Say ‘Tiffany, it’s Sooyoung with her girlfriend!’?” Jessica shot back. “They were like a few feet away from us.”
 
“Is her girlfriend really beautiful?” Tiffany asked.
 
“I didn’t see her face because she was wearing shades but she looks rich.”
 
“She’s really rich. Her father owns the university she’s studying at.” Tiffany informed her.
 
Jessica just kept quiet. They stayed like that for a while. “They both look like models.” Jessica commented.
 
“I’m sure they looked good together. Did you ask her about her girlfriend?”
 
“No.” Jessica remembered the interview. She wanted to ask about the girlfriend but she didn’t get the courage to do it.
 
“Why? That would be a good story.” 
 
“I had a lot of more important questions to ask.” Jessica made up an excuse.
 
**
 
Sooyoung met up with Jiyeon after her girlfriend texted her that she was in front of their building.
 
“Hi, baby.” Sooyoung greeted Jiyeon.
 
Jiyeon did not say anything.
 
“Is everything okay?”
 
“Do you realize that this is the first time we see each other in days?”
 
Sooyoung finally understood the problem. “I know that. And I missed you.”
 
Jiyeon finally took her shades off. “I missed you too.” She pouted.
 
“Awww~ you look so cute.” Sooyoung said as she cupped Jiyeon’s face and kissed her.
 
“Let’s go somewhere. I want to go shopping.” Jiyeon’s mood had completely changed from earlier.
 
Sooyoung smiled weakly. “I still have classes. Also, I have to campaign during my free time.”
 
Jiyeon frowned. “I just want to be with you.” She whined.
 
“But Jiyeon, don’t you have class?”
 
“Screw them. I want to go to the mall.”
 
Sooyoung is now frowning as well. “Jiyeon, you can’t cut classes just because you want to go to the mall.”
 
“It’s not just because I want to go to the mall. I want to go to the mall with you.”
 
“That’s still not a valid excuse.”
 
“So when can I spend time with you? Do I have to get a number and line up to meet my own girlfriend?” Jiyeon’s tone rose a little higher.
 
They were quiet for a while. Sooyoung didn’t want to argue.
 
“How about on Saturday?” Jiyeon asked.
 
“I will visit the kids again. You can join me if you want. They’ll be happy to meet my beautiful girlfriend.” Sooyoung her Jiyeon’s hair.
 
“Can you just meet them on the next weekend? My friend’s birthday is on Saturday and I plan to buy her gift before going to the party.”
 
“I promised the kids that I’ll go back soon.”
 
Jiyeon has nothing to say anymore. “I have to accept the fact that I have a busy girlfriend.”
 
“Sorry, baby…” 
 
“It’s okay. See you when I see you.”
 
Sooyoung kissed Jiyeon’s cheek before getting off the car.
 
***
 
“Earth to Jessica! Earth to Jessica!” Tiffany called her friend. Jessica has been spacing out for a while now. They are eating at a fast food restaurant. 
 
“Huh?” 
 
“Hi, I’m here.” Tiffany waved her hand in front of Jessica’s face.
 
Jessica slapped Tiffany’s hand out of her sight. “What do you want?”
 
“I was telling you something but you were spacing out.”
 
“What were you saying?”
 
“Nevermind.” 
 
“Since you wanted to converse with me so much, you owe me a story.”
 
“What story?”
 
“Taeyeon.”
 
Tiffany almost choked upon hearing Taeyeon’s name. “What about her?”
 
“You said you were friends back in high school.”
 
Tiffany took a sip of her drink before answering. “We were best friends. That’s it. End of story.”
 
Jessica sensed that there was more than that to the story. She was not going to let this go. “What happened?”
 
Tiffany sighed, finally realizing that she was not going to escape this conversation. “Then something happened.”
 
“What is that something?!” Jessica is getting impatient.
 
Tiffany giggled at her friend’s reaction. “Fine! She confessed to me. Don’t ask further.”
 
Jessica’s eyes widened. “Taeyeon did what?!!”
 
“I’m going to summarize everything. But promise me you won’t ask me anything after that.”
 
“I can’t promise that but tell me now.”
 
Tiffany took a sip again before speaking again. “We were best friends. Then one day, she just confessed to me. I was shocked. I didn’t know what to say.
She’s my best friend and we’re both girls. I rejected her. We promised to be friends but after that, she slowly became distant from me until she completely ignored me.” Tiffany took a sip of her juice again as her voice was beginning to become shaky.
 
She continued. “She spent our last year in high school ignoring me. She started hanging out with Nana. She was my rival in high school and Taeyeon knew that. It was only recently that she started speaking with me again. That’s it.” Tiffany sighed after telling the story. She wanted to cry but she fought her tears.
 
Jessica just sat there. “Tiff, I’m sorry…”
 
Tiffany smiled. “I’m okay! It’s just I really miss her.” Her voice cracked a bit.
 
Jessica sat closer to Tiffany and hugged her. “Was she like a even before?” Jessica was just trying to lighten up the atmosphere.
 
“She was an angel.” Tiffany said while smiling.
 
 
 

 
 
 
Sorry if I took to long to write another update.
 
I have a class this summer and I'm taking up Biochemistry. So please be patient with me.
 
Again, sorry for the confusion on the previous chapter. It's Nana not Yoona, okay? For those who got confused, sorry. I edited it already. :))
 
So your questions about TaeNy was answered by this chapter. Or not... hehe.
 
Plus, a glimpse of SooYeon's relationship.
 
What do you think? :))