Chapter 5:

Doll Lover

Chapter 5: A new friend that causes trouble and annoyance.

 

"Ahjumma, can I have that?" She pointed at the unknown food that she never knew. She can't help it, it had been 2 years since she had left korea for further studies in America, and now if you ask her what's her favorite food in korea? The only thing that can come up to her mind was the word Ramyun and nothing else, not even the kimchi that she had just pointed just now. 

 

"You mean Kimchi?" The ahjumma place a plate full of kimchi and placed it on her tray. "Next!" 

 

Satisfied with the variety of meals on her tray, she went to the counter to pay for her meals, until she felt someone bumping onto her and beat her to the counter. "Ahjumma, how much is my meal?" He asked. 

 

Hyemi glared at him in annoyance. "This little-" He looked down with an expression, probably saying 'Problem?'. 

 

"Luhan!" She snapped back and raised an eyebrow on the handsome being running towards her direction. But he wasn't calling for her, who could he be calling? 

 

She turned her attention back to him, who seemed pissed off when that friend wrapped his arm around his shoulder and stole a piece of his kimchi.

 

So his name is Luhan... 

 

"Phew! Nice food you got there hyung. Anyway, where had you been for the past 2 years!" The boy started whining.

 

The past 2 years? He hadn't been at school for 2 years? Hyemi raised an eyebrow.

 

And there, the boy continued to talk to Luhan while completely ignoring Hyemi's existance. 

 

Annoyed, Hyemi took the chance and smiled at the ahjumma. "Ahjumma, how much is mine?" She asked. 

 

The ahjumma raised an eyebrow. "But the boy asked first-" 

 

"Let's ignore him since he's busy gaying with others." She snapped, hissing in english and placed a huge note on the counter. "Thank you." She bowed with a smile and walk pass the two. 

 

Aw, so much affection. A small smirk appeared on Luhan's lips as he turned to the ahjumma.

 

"How much was mine again?"

 


 

Hyemi found an empty seat and started stuffing food into without even caring about manners. She could care less about how other thinks about her, and it happened the same when she first arrive at America. She would ignore all the girl's y stares and stuff food as if she hadn't eaten for days, like a hungry wolf pulling the meat off a dead reindeer. 

 

A slam on the table surprised her, but she did not flinch. She looked up without showing the amusement she had inside. "What?" She raised an eyebrow on the girl smiling like a sunshine. 

 

Oh so bright. She thought sarcastically. 

 

"Hi!!" The girl waved her hand hypertically. So much positive energy... Hyemi thought she was about to get blind. She ignored her and continued with her food.

 

"I wanna be your friend, can I?" The girl blurted out. 

 

And she choked on her food. "W-what?" She stared at the girl in disbelief. What is wrong with her?

 

"I said what I said, I wanna be your friend! So hello friend! Go Hyemi right? Can I call you Hyemi? Or Mimi?"

 

Hyemi's muscles twitched in irritation. Is her brain possibly spoilt or is she a complete idiot? She stabbed the kimchi with her chopsticks.

 

"No." She spoke coldly and stood up, leaving the tray and walked away.

 

The girl stood up too. "Hey! Wait up!! Hyemi-ah!" She ran after Hyemi, leaving the trays alone.

 

"Phew, scary." The boys beside Luhan commented while biting off the kimchi. While Luhan stared in complete amusement. 

 

Too much affection... He glared at the girl chasing after Hyemi. Annoying.