Chapter 14:

Doll Lover

Chapter 14: Times up! 

 

"Now what did I do to deserve this kind of treatment!" Hyemi screamed and banged her head on the desk. The two are now in the middle of detention. 

 

"Go Hyemi, shut up." The teacher hissed and continued to look down at his magazine. 

 

Luhan rolled his eyes. "What a great teacher you are..." He mumbled. 

 

"I heard that." 

 

"It was meant to be heard, teacher." Luhan spoke sarcastically and looked around. His eyes once again landed on the Hyemi who was playing a fool with her eraser. 

 

A playful grin played on his face. "Hey..." He whispered. 

 

Hyemi turned around and glared at him. "What?" She asked half-heartedly, annoyed. 

 

"Wanna make a run?" That caught Hyemi's full attention. 

 

"How?" 

 

"The window..." He gestured the opened window. "It's easy to access the outside with that window. Since there's a short platform there." 

 

Hyemi raised an eyebrow. "You tried that before?" 

 

He nodded his head. "Yup. Always works." 

 

She furrowed her eyes in suspicious. "I don't believe you." She said. "Because you don't seem to be a person who would share crimes unless it benefits you." 

 

He let out a soft chuckle. "It seems like you don't understand..." He looked at the teacher who is already in his dreamland and turned back to Hyemi. 

 

He lifted her chin up. "Your existance is already a treasure that benefits me." 

 

Hyemi blushed and slapped his hand away. "Quit... Quit it." She looked away and bit her lips nervously. With the sound of her heart slamming against her ribcage, she couldn't think of anything other than the kiss earlier. 

 

The teacher's phone rang.

 

"Hello?" The teacher jumped up from his seat and opened the door. He snapped his head to the two.

 

"I'm going out for an urgent meeting. I'll lock up this door for an hour so that you won't escape. I repeat, don't even try to run or else..." He made a slick sound and drew a line on the neck with his thumb. "You're dead."

 

With that, the teacher shut the door and locked it up.

 

Luhan showed an unamused expression. "Let me something I don't know..." He mumbled and turned to Hyemi. "Yah, so you're going or not?"

 

Hyemi hugged her desk and shook her head. "I don't wanna!" She whined and pouted cutely.

 

Luhan furrowed his eyes. "Why are you acting like a child now?"

 

"Just 'cause..." She looked up at him with the usual cold stare. "I feel like it."

 

Luhan rolled his eyes. "Well you're not cute at all so quit it."

 

"I never said it was meant to be cute. Can't brats be bratty instead of cute?" She stuck her tongue out at him.

 

This girl... Seriously... He smiled secretly and rested his head on the table, suddenly feeling heavy.

 

"So... Tired..." He felt dizzy for a second.

 

Hyemi raised an eyebrow. "You okay? Luha-" She gasped. "Omo!"

 

Luhan pulled his head up and looked at her. "What's wrong-" He looked at his wooden palm, and his body that was about to shrink.

 

"."

 

Times up.