Chapter 28:

Doll Lover

Chapter 28: An idiot that doll is.

 

The famous lemon bombing section came. Kai and Kristine's class came into Luhan and Hyemi's class. Hyemi looked up and was about to wave for Kai to come here to put an end to their project, but surprisingly, Kristine held onto Kai's arm, glared at her then walked away. 

 

Luhan smirked and glanced at Hyemi. "Looks like your partner is ditching you." He said as if he didn't know what was coming. 

 

Hyemi turned to him and glared. "You planned this again?" She gritted her teeth. "Now how do I finish my project! It's due today!" 

 

Luhan sighed and shook his head. "Just so you know, my partner ditched me too, so let's help each other." He said, folding his arms together. 

 

She stuck her tongue out. "I think you'll only make things worse." She stated.

 

He rolled his eyes. "It seems like you don't know..." He leaned in. "... But I'm the honor student in this whole campus."

 

Her lashes batted in confusion. Honor student...? She furrowed her eyes. No wonder the teachers seem scared of him.

 

"So... What are you? Some rich, bratty, arrogant, smart and handsome heir? What is this? A drama?" She folded her arms while thinking out loud.

 

Luhan laughed at her words. "You think I'm handsome?" he asked.

 

Surprised, she covered and blushed. She looked away from him to avoid any teases from him.

 

He chuckled and took the big pile of project from her desk. Flipping through the pages, he raised an eyebrow and nodded. "It seems like there will be another honor student in awhile." She stuck her tongue out upon his words and giggled.

 

"I'm smart aren't I?"

 

"I'm smarter." He smirked while pulling out the cap of the pen and started scribbling words on the empty piece of paper. Hyemi tried to look at what he was writing, but couldn't seem to see it since his arms are blocking her.

 

She tilted her head and sighed. "This is my project you know?"

 

"Correction, it's our project." He closed the cap and placed the last page on the stack of papers.

 

She raised an eyebrow. "How is it our-" Her eyes widened. "S-so that's why Kristine dragged Kai-" He placed his index finger on her lips, shushing her while grinning.

 

"This. Is why I say I'm smarter." He pulled away and started sorting the pages in order. "I told that teacher already, he didn't seem to mind anyway."

 

"B-but isn't this- ARGH whatever." She slammed her head onto the desk. Luhan looked at her, wide eyes. But chuckled when he processed on what she did.

 

He sighed and rubbed her forehead. "Red as tomato." He commented and chuckled when she pouted at him. "Shut up." She stuck her tongue out and sighed.

 

He laughed and shook his head.

 

"Okay students. Pass up your assignments."

 


 

"Explain, why are you dragging me away from going to my partner?" Kai folded his arms as he raised an eyebrow on Kristine. Your partner? Kristine looked away, unable to meet his gaze.

 

She bit her lip and gulped. "I feel like doing the assignment with you, problem?" She stuck her tongue out and threw the stack of project at him. "Now start working! Or I'll make sure you turn back into a doll at this spot!" She stated and poked his shoulder hard.

 

Kai sighed and shook his head. "Really..." He mumbled and started copying what he found on the books Kristine brought on the paper. Kristine stared at him and smiled slightly. He didn't complain!

 

"You're not copying." Kai stated without looking up. Kristine blushed and looked away. "S-shut up. I was about to start okay?" She said and grabbed a random book on the desk and started working on the project. From time to time, she would look up, stealing secret glances at Kai whenever she has a chance.

 

Kai was oblivious enough though, he wouldn't even know who smacked his head even when the culpit was standing just right next to him, which explains how he was so clueless about Kristine staring at him.

 

Kristine looked at her empty sheet of papers and sighed. Idiot... Pabo... She pouted and started scribbling. *bèn dàn(笨蛋)... *bái chī(白痴)...

 

Without knowing, her grip on her pen tightened and she started to stab the papers roughly, surprising Kai as to look up and blinked his eyes at her. "Yah." He stopped her by grabbing her hand and raised an eyebrow on her.

 

"What's wrong now?" He asked.

 

She looked up and glared. You're wrong. She shook her head and looked away, annoyed. "Nothing."

 

He sighed. "Then stop stabbing and start working." He looked back down and started working again.

 

Kristine looked at him and frowned, her heart made a light squeeze when she sees him taking short glances at Hyemi and Luhan, thinking that no one noticed him doing so.

 

Of all people... Why look at Luhan gege's girl...? She bit her lips and looked down at the ruined paper sheets with blue inks splattered all around the whites. A huge hole was created in the middle.

 

I guess my heart is currently like these ruined papers... She sighed and looked back at him.

 

You idiot doll.  

 


 

 

*笨蛋(bèn dàn    Idiot.

*白痴(bái chī)        Idiot. (A stronger way to call a person an idiot)