Chapter 16:

Doll Lover

Chapter 16: Important Treasure

 

"Mama, today is my birthday... So I was hoping-" The boy spoke with determination, but was cut off when his mother doesn't seem to be paying any attention through the phone. 

"Wait a second, yes the flight to Beijing is still on right? Yes sure. I'm sorry Sehan what did you say before?" 

"... Nothing... I'll just hang up for now..." He clicked the end call button. 

Staring at his empty house, this empty building, he clenched his phone tightly. 

"She couldn't even remember my name." 

 

"Yah... Yah wake up!" Luhan's eyes shot wide open upon the sweet voice of that person who recently invaded his life. Hyemi was there, her hand was still skaking his shoulders hard. 

 

"Just wake up already! We have barely 15 minutes left!" She yelled and gently slapped both his cheeks, forcing him to face her. Her eyes blinked in surprise upon the amount of sweat that formed on his face. "You look pale, are you okay?" She frowned.  

 

Luhan was brought back to reality. "A... Ah..." He managed to speak out and nod his head. 

 

But Hyemi didn't buy it. "Get up, take a shower." She pulled him up, or at least, tried, but ended up falling onto him. Aish! Today is totally not my day! 

 

She looked up, accidentally meeting his eyes that were staring at her with pure curiosity. She could feel her heart jumping, screaming in excitement. Surprised, she placed her hand on his chest, intend to get up, but Luhan's arm around her waist didn't let her do so. 

 

Luhan raised an eyebrow. his heart secretly liked it, but he didn't intend to even show it. "You know, if you want it, we can always continue this in the bathroom." He smirked when her ears turned red. She grab his arm from behind and jumped out of his grip, dragging him all the way to the bathroom. 

 

"Just... Take a shower..." She managed to make up some words. 

 

He felt the warmth from where she was holding and smiled. "Fine. Give me 5 minutes, then we'll go." He said, gently releasing his arm from her grip and went into the bathroom. 

 

Hyemi raised an eyebrow and looked at her hand, where his huge hands had covered before. She felt her cheeks heating up again. 

 

"Pabo..." She mumbled and went down to the kitchen to grab a quick breakfast. 

 


 

"You liar! You said you would only take 5 minutes! But you took 6 minutes!!" Hyemi complained while they were both running to school. 

 

"Geez it's only one minute!" Luhan hissed as he fastened his pace and grabbed her bag. "Ppalli, you and your bag is only slowing my pace." 

 

"Then why don't you go running yourself!!" She hissed. 

 

He stopped his tracks, having her bumped into him as she didn't seemed to be concentrating on the road, but on her watch. "Oof- yah!" 

 

"You still don't understand?" He turned towards her. "You don't understand now do you?" 

 

She raised an eyebrow. "Understand what?! We're really going to be late if you-" 

 

"You don't understand what I said yesterday?" He asked, ignoring her complains. 

 

She was confused, obvious confusions shown all over her face. "What?" She started tapping her heels impatiently, only to recall what he said yesterday. 

 

"Your existance is already a treasure..."

 

She felt her cheeks redden. She looked up at him and bit her lips nervously. "Er... About tha-" 

 

Luhan shook his head and held her hand. "Ppalli, we're running late." He stated and went on his feet, running as quick as possible, careful and made sure that she was following with the same pace. 

 

Meanwhile, his felt his heart clenched, screaming in pain. It felt as if he was about to break, as if he was about to split apart, like a ruined doll. 

 

He shook off the thoughts when they reached the gates, just one minute before the guards close the school gate.

 

They ran as fast as they could. Reaching the hallway, they stopped their tracks and catched their breath. Hyemi looked around the empty hallway while panting. She sighted the familiar figure of Luhan's friends and panicked, nudging Luhan violently to untangle their intwined fingers.

 

"Let go!" She hissed, attempt to slap his arm. But she was too late.

 

"Han!" The goodlooking friend stopped his tracks in front of the two and raised an eyebrow. "Er... Your hands..."

 

Hyemi immediately shook Luhan's hand off and switched her attention away, acting as if nothing happened for the past few minutes then walked away.

 

Luhan... You're dead to me. She eyed him a secret glare before running off to the classroom.

 

The friend then looked at Luhan in curiosity. "Girl? Seriously? And I thought you'll never get a girlfriend because-"

 

"Shut up Sehun." Luhan rolled his eyes. "And she's not my girlfriend."

 

Sehun's curiosity grew. "Then who is she? I mean you did held hands right?"

 

Luhan smirked while shaking his head. "By the way, I'm going back to class, skip yourself."

 

"Bwoh? But why?"

 

"Because..." Luhan lifted up the bag and swung it. "This."

 

"I have to return this." To my important treasure.