Chapter 42:

Doll Lover

Chapter 42: I'll be there. 

 

"Kai!" Kristine ran down the hallway, trying to catch up with the spaced off Kai. As usual, girls would secretly glare at Kristine for her closeness with Kai and Luhan, and even her own brother Kris, which was unusual because they should have already knew that she is Kris' sister.

 

Kai stopped immediately and paused the music he was listening to, he would rather listen to that music, that one melody which he loved the most. Her voice... His heart jumped as he sees her panting badly from all the catching up.

 

Kristine looked up and glared. "You!" She pointed at him and pouted. "Why did you walk so fast!!" She stomped her feet and whined, acting like her usual spoilt brat attitude.

 

Kai shook his head. "Why can't I?" He started acting cockily, which triggers Kristine's nerves. He loved it, he loved how she would snap easily at what he says, he loved how he catches her attention in anyway. And sometimes, he even loved the way she blushes for him, for him and him only.

 

Yes, no more blunt Kai, he knew about how she fancies him already, and he was more than happy to accept her confessions in anytime. But the Kristine would never do so will she?

 

He frowned at the thought of her never going to confess, he was starting to grew conscious, afraid of her pride problems. He thought he should be the one who makes the move instead. It will always be me who starts the game hm...? He sighed and looked at the girl before him.

 

The girl who caught his full attention since the start, at the first glimpse of her, he had already felt the knot forming between their strings. Tangled with each other, he would never wanted to untangle that long thread of fate.

 

She was the girl whom he wanted. He was determined to make her his ever since then. It was a coincidence, all coincidence which she found him again, but as a doll this time. She saved him for the second time, she brought light to his world when he was sinking deep into the darkness.

 

It grew, that feeling, slowly, it expanded, grew stronger and stronger as if the thread got thicker and thicker. He found himself unable to pull himself out of her hands, like he was being in, possessed completely by her.

 

He became hers without himself knowing.

 

His heart was taken, kept, and cuffed with hers without her knowing.

 

"Pabo kkamjong..." She mumbled and stomped away. He chuckled and tried catching up, ignoring the weird stares others were giving the two of them. Rumors had spread that they were dating, it had already been a normal routine when others would just stare at them fight in interest, and nobody cares about it anymore, or that's what he thinks.

 

Kris seems cool about it though, he doesn't seem to care if Kai was really dating his sister, god, he doesn't even give a damn about who his sister screws with as long as she doesn't get herself in deep .

 

Kai stopped right a few steps away from her, when she opened her locker only to have a few letters dropping out of her locker. She picked them up one by one and frowned upon each pick. Threat mails, they say. Threatening her to stay away from him, away from his sight or reach. She bit her lips to prevent the tears from flowing, like how strong her image turned her to be, she held it all in.

 

He looked, as she tore the letters one by one, throwing them into the bin after reading them. She was about to tear the last threat letter, but Kai took quick steps towards her and took the letter away from her.

 

"Stay away from Kai oppa, you don't deserve even a glance from him..." He frowned at how the girls just harshly told her off. How could they? When they don't even know how important she was to him, how he couldn't find a way to live without her by his side anymore.

 

She jumped, trying to reach for the letter in his hand, but he lifted it higher for it to be out of her reach.

 

"Kai!"

 

"How long has it been this way?" He asked, looking at her directly in the eyes, ignoring her protest and complains about how he shouldn't read what others give to her. She frowned and looked away. "I-it's... none of your business..." She mumbled and snatched the letter away when he wasn't aware. She tore the letter and threw it into the bin and closed her locker.

 

He felt hurt by her words. "Wu Yi..." He called her by her real name, surprising her as she turned to him in shock. "W-what-" 

 

"You're not gonna tell me anything?" He curled his fingers into a tight fist, he wanted to find out whoever was behind those ugly writings so badly and beat the crap out of them. Because seeing how strong she tried to be hurts him, it stabs him badly.

 

She faked a smile. "it's nothing, really." She said. "I got used to it anyway-" He placed his lips on hers as he pins her against the lockers. She gasped in surprise, seeing him this blunt was never an expected event.

 

"Liar..." He stated as he looks at her in the eyes, it showed nothing but pain and despair. "You're lying... Wu Yi..."

 

Tears flow, streamed down her cheeks, and she cried. "I... I..."

 

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close to him.

 

"It's okay..." He whispered, his voice comforts her hidden wounds.

 

"Because I'm here... It's okay." He planted a soft kiss on her forehead. She looked at him, looking so broken, so fragile. He raised her chin and leaned in.

 

"I'll always be there for you."