Chapter 39:

Doll Lover

Chapter 39: You don't like it? Well I don't like you.

 

"ARGH!" Luhan attempted to puke for nth time of the minute, while Hyemi could do nothing but pat his back and also give him some words of encouragement. 

 

"Well... Look on the bright side! At least it's not with Kris-" He gagged again, covering his mouth and having his eyes hang wide open.

 

Hyemi sighed and shook her head. "Blame yourself for not controlling your powers." She said and smacked his back hard.

 

Meanwhile, Kai wasn't having a good time either. He was of the same situation as Luhan, having himself to gag for the nth time at the corner of the classroom with Hyemi to assist him whenever he needs help. And when I say help, I mean help to get him back to his senses before he starts hitting his head against the wall or intend to jump off the building.

 

"That did not happen..." The two of them said at the same time, despite being in different places.

 

Hyemi shook her head and flicked his forehead. "Oh come on! It's just a kiss-"

 

"JUST?! IT WAS KAI FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!" He shouted at her, his face was as pale as it could be, like the snow white from the fairytales you have read, he just wanted to eat the poison apple and go to eternal sleep then forgets everything about that... horrible moment with Kai.

 

Hyemi covered and giggled lightly. "What are you laughing at? It ain't funny." He glared at her and said. She looked at him, then giggled again, catching him off guard which causes his heart to flip in happiness. It felt like he had forgotten about the who LuKai moment, like the whole world is getting slow motion. He felt the corner of his lips being lifted up willingly. Music to my ears... He thought and shook his head.

 

"It's funny, Mr Luhan, if you hadn't notice, you're literally like this." She imitated him all gagging and eyes widened. Luhan furrowed his eyes on her playfully and pinched her cheek. "I did not do that." He stated.

 

She stuck her tongue out. "Did too."

 

"Did not." He said.

 

And the argument went on until the bell rings.

 


 

"Did not."

 

"Did too."

 

At their way back home, they were still arguing, contant "Did not" and "Did too" kept jumping from left to right, until they reached the entrance of their house, yes, their house. (Or that's what Luhan says.)

 

Luhan frowned and pulled Hyemi's hand, intwining their fingers and tightened his grip while glaring at the black limo parked in front of the house. He furrowed his eyes and pulled Hyemi back protectively. "Shh, just follow my lead okay?" He looked at Hyemi and said, squeezing her hand before they walk into the house, acting casual.

 

"Oh you're finally home-" The woman who looked as if she was at her 30s stood up and was about to approach Luhan, but stopped as she saw Hyemi beside him. "And who is this?" She asked with a slight hint of disapprove. 

 

Hyemi hid behind Luhan and frowned. I don't like how she's looking at me... It's like... She bit her lip and looked down at the floor. Judging...

 

"Does it matters?" Luhan spoke, looking at her in the eyes. "Does it seem to matter whoever I'm with? Mother?" Hyemi squeezed his palm and rubbed her thumb against the back of his hand, attempting to ease his anger.

 

"Yes it does, you're the future heir of the company! You are to-"

 

"I am to what?" He asked, glaring at his so called mother. The things beside started to shaking, as he is about to loose control. "Luhan..." Hyemi whispered his name softly and squeezed his arm tightly, gesturing him to calm down, and he did as told.

 

He looked at his mother with such cold eyes, the normal cold eyes which he shows to the others other than Hyemi. She looked up and frowned at him, then looked at the mother who seemed furious.

 

"Sehan, I would appreciate it if you would break up with this... average looking girl. I don't like her for you."

 

Average? Hyemi looked at his mother in disbelief. Luhan ignored his mother's words and wrapped his arms around Hyemi's shoulders, squeezed her left shoulder to calm her down this time. "Shh, I got this, okay?" He whispered to her and smirked at his mother who seemed pissed, then kissed Hyemi's forehead.

 

"Average?" He turned to his mother and asked. "Tell me the definition of average will you?" He said calmly and slided his arm down from Hyemi's shoulder to her waist, pulling her closer and closer to him. He chuckled when he felt Hyemi's body tense up and planted a soft kiss on her shoulder. "And I would appreciate it if you stop talking about this, unless you want me to break off all ties with you." He said. 

 

"Don't think I wouldn't do so." He said calmly towards his mother and pulled Hyemi into a hug, covering her ears as he knew what would come next. He didn't want Hyemi to hear anything poisonous that is about to come out from his mother's lips.

 

His mother folded her arms together. "Oh is that so, try it then! Try it! I'll see if you can have any 'luxury' you have right now! We'll see!!" She shouted at them. "If you think that girl is really worth yourself giving up all these then go! Break up all ties with me!! Break it all up and don't come back!"

 

Luhan rolled his eyes. "Then please get out." He said, pointing at the door.

 

"Bwoh?" His mother raised an eyebrow.

 

Luhan released Hyemi and looked at his mother. "This is my house, the house which I had bought down with my own money. If you hadn't notice, I had taken quite a few jobs myself when you're overly busy doing one of your important projects overseas. This house is off my name, and not yours, the account you were planning to terminate, don't worry you won't have to do that, it's already been terminated years ago, I opened a new account, knowing that you would do something like this in the future, or others call it..." He approached her slowly. "Threatening." He said, his fingers still pointing at the exit. 

 

"So please leave." He said calmly at her, only to receive a slap from his own mother.

 

"You disrespectful child." She hissed. "I regret having you!" She screamed at his face and stomped her way towards the exit, struggling with her heels.

 

Hyemi frowned and bit her lip painfully as she watches the mother and son fighting, feeling rather hopeless, and like the third party who could only keep their hands in their pockets and watch the show.

 

"Regret then." Luhan said, this time, his lips started to tremble. "Since you don't even remember my name." He stated as he held onto the door, with his mother standing in front of the gate.

 

"Congratulations, you just lost your one and only family member." He said and slammed the door upon his mother's face.