Chapter 31:

Doll Lover

Chapter 31: Awaiting for the Eclipse 

 

"And so how do I change him back?" Hyemi looked at Jirin desperately while holding onto Luhan tight. He wasn't even mad, he did not even yell at her for being like this. Like a real doll he had become, just sitting there, staying flawless. 

 

Like a real doll. 

 

Jirin's expression stayed blank, until Kristine turned the news. "There's going to be an eclipse happening tomorrow." She said with a smile.

 

Kai sighed in relief and laid back, his arm unconsciously rested behind Kristine, causing her to flinch and turn to glare at Kai.

 

Jirin smiled and clapped her hands together. "Then it'll do!" She turned to Hyemi and giggled. "It's an eclipse tomorrow!"

 

Hyemi blinked her eyes and tilted her head curiously. "And..."

 

"And he will turn back to normal!" She stated with a huge grin.

 

Hyemi was still confused. "... How?" She raised an eyebrow on the 3.

 

Kai did a face palm and shook his head, he forced himself up and rested his head on the handle of the couch. "We can turn back to normal once an eclipse." He stated then pointed at Kristine. "With the help of a master of course." He forced Kristine to stand up and pull her close to him, her knee between his legs as her hand dangles down, covering most of his face.

 

Kristine felt her heart skipping in beats, like a roller coaster ride, her heart skipped in an uneven pace. Kai turned to Hyemi. "You have to first..." He held Kristine's hand and placed them on his left chest. "... place her palm on his heart..." Kristine's cheeks burned in crimson red. "... and then." He lifted Kristine's chin and pulled her in, sneakily forced her lips onto his.

 

"You kiss him." He smirked upon Kristine's speechless expression. She had her cheeks as red as tomatoes, and her eyes were as wide as D.O's. It was weird, but it was cute at the same time.

 

The oblivious Kai turned to Hyemi again. "And that's how you'll do it. Got it now?" He asked, with an eyebrow raised. Hyemi was too speechless to speak, she had her jaw literally dropped to the ground. How can these two be so open in public? They're totally meant for each other. She nodded slightly, still hadn't recovered from the scene.

 

Jirin was calmer than ever, she folded her arms and shook her head. "You're lucky he wasn't here. You'll be dead by now." She smirked at Kai.

 

Kai rolled his eyes. "Oh, sheesh, what do you know, cousin."

 

"Cousin?!" Hyemi snapped back to reality and widen her eyes at Jirin.

 

Jirin giggled. "Yup. That's my idiot cousin, Kim Jongin." She tilted her head. "Don't you see the resemblance?" She pouted while pointing at herself and Kai.

 

Hyemi shook her head. "Other than having the same surname, not really."

 

"Yah!" She stomped her feet, as the bell rung. Ding! Hyemi stood up and went to the door, immediately blocked by a huge block of black&white tower a.k.a Kris. She tilted her head up, as in real up and raised an eyebrow on him. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

 

Kris raised one of his brown eyebrows, his signature face slapped firmly on his face. "To fetch what's mine." He rolled his eyes and eyed at the girl whose trying to hide right now. "Kim Jirin!" He hissed her name and shoved Hyemi aside, causing Hyemi to stumble, but not fall.

 

"Oh. Thanks Lu-" She looked up to see Kai staring down at her. "You're welcome, but I'm Kai." He stated the obvious and pushed her back up into meeting the eyes of a jealous Kristine. 

 

Kristine stomped her way towards Hyemi and shoved her aside again, this time, she stumbled right into Kris' arms. Surprised, she pushed Kris away and ended up on the floor. "Ouch!" She rubbed her backside and glared at Kristine and Kris. "What's with you siblings? Do you like to shove others so much?!"

 

Kristine stuck her tongue out. "Only to you!" She brat spoke, but immediately silent up when her eyes met with the glare Kris. Kris shook his head and grabbed Jirin's arm. "We're going." He said then looked at Luhan.

 

He turned back to Hyemi. "Hopefully you'll get to activate him back." He said with a bow, then dragged Jirin out of the house. Kristine tilted her head in confusion, but followed suit.

 

Kai turned back and took a glance at the hopeless Hyemi. He sighed and immediately helped her up, leading her back to the couch. "Here." He said, not meeting her eyes.

 

Hyemi nodded. "Thanks." She said and went to pick Luhan up.

 

Kai sat right beside her and shook his head. "Don't be." He said while staring at the black TV screen. "Say..." Hyemi parted her lips to speak, but Kai cut her off. "I wanted to tell you something." He said and turned to her, his eyes shone with determination.

 

Her eyes blinked in surprise. "Er... Sure? What-"

 

"It's something I had been keeping." He mumbled, feeling his heart accelerating in an uneven, fast speed. He bit his lips nervously while holding his fist tight. Today is the only day where Luhan hyung isn't here... 

 

Hyemi nodded. "Sure. You can tell me about it... If you want to..."

 

Here goes nothing... With one last force of the bump on his throat, he turned to Hyemi and nodded.

 

"Its..."