Chapter 30:

Doll Lover

Chapter 30: Panic attack! 

 

Hyemi placed the packet of dry noodles in the basket, as she was about to pick up the basket, she felt a huge force pulling her down, and that was the groceries in the basket. "Luhan do me a favor-" Hyemi turned around only to see Luhan picking up the basket full of groceries without effort, his hands holding onto hers. She blinked her eyes and blushed slightly as she notices how his huge hand covers hers. 

 

Luhan chuckled and shook his head. "Your face is pink." He whispered and pecked her cheek, causing her to flinch and stood back, her hand slipped away from his grip. Her face shown an undescribable expression, bewildered, surprise...

 

"Cute..." He heard ahjumma's gossips with each other and smiled. Sneakily, he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer. "So..." He whispered into her ear. 

 

With her ears red, she blinked her eyes countlessly and quietly looked up to stare at him. "W-w-what..." She mentally smacked herself for stuttering. Pabo... 

 

Luhan rested his head on her shoulder. "What are we going to do next?" He asked. 

 

Hyemi looked down and sighed. "We're paying." She stated and they walked towards the chasier. Luhan was still looking around, observing every single thing his eyes spot. As his eyes slowly landed at the red colored fruit in front of him in the basket, his eyes widened and his mind went blank. 

 

Without a single warning. Poof! Sparkles sprinkled onto the floor with a loud crash. Hyemi gasped and looked around, she was lucky that no one saw whatever they should be seeing right now because no one is here from the lane they were walking to. 

 

She quickly picked up Luhan and frowned at him. "What are you doing?! Do you want to get caught? How do you even-" Luhan wasn't speaking. His eyes were closed, it's like a shut down to him. 

 

Hyemi heart ascelerated quickly, her mind was confused, herself was confused about the whole situation. Why isn't Luhan replying her answer? Why isn't he talking? Is he asleep? 

 

Her hands trembled as she shook Luhan. "Answer me!" She hissed and started smacking his head. Still no reply. 

 

"Xi Luhan!" She pouted while falling on her knees on the ground. She sighed and placed Luhan on her lap. "Now what do I do?!" She looked at the basket full of groceries. "Who's gonna help me with this?"

 

"Hyemi?" She heard someone calling and immediately, hid Luhan behind her back. She looked up and blinked her eyes, her pupils shrinking deeply hinting her nervousness.

 

The girl giggled and walked towards her. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

 

Hyemi gulped and suppressed her voice, keeping her calm as she speaks. "What else can I do in a grocery store? Skating?" She said coldly at her.

 

The girl pouted. "But you're sitting on the floor..." She stated, causing Hyemi to blush in embarrassment.

 

"S-shut up..."

 

The girl giggled. "I bet you don't remember me anymore." She reached her hand at Hyemi. "I'm Jirin." She said brightly.

 

Hyemi looked up and furrowed her eyes. Too bright... She took her hand and got up, slightly forgotten about Luhan behind her.

 

Jirin tilted her head. "Why do you have a doll behind you?" She giggled and pointed at the doll.

 

Hyemi gasped and immediately picked Luhan up. "T-t-t-t-t-t-this..."

 

Jirin parted her lips, about to speak when she heard someone calling again. "Jirin-ah~" The voice echoed as heel clicking sounds were near.

 

"Jirin-ah where-" Kristine looked up and gasped at the sight of a doll Luhan. "Gege so cute!" She approached Hyemi and giggled at the doll. She looked at Hyemi and blinked her eyes, most probably trying to make an attempt aegyo. "Hyemi-ah can I-"

 

"No." Hyemi stated coldly and hugged Luhan tightly.

 

Kristine pouted and folded her arms together. "You know I can't do anything anymore right?! I already have a doll myself!" She whined.

 

Hyemi only gave her a blank stare. Oh dear, I'm starting to put Kris' face on her, it's getting a little... She shook her head.

 

Jirin giggled. "I have a doll too!" She clapped her hands together, only to feel the weird stares coming from Hyemi. "What?!"

 

Jirin smiled. "I said I have a doll." She stated.

 

Kristine rolled her eyes. "Don't tell me about it now." She looked at the grocery basket on the floor. "Why aren't you summoning gege up now? You need help with the groceries right?"

 

Hyemi sighed. "I'll explain later, but first... about these groceries..."

 

"Yah, what's taking-" Kai raised an eyebrow when all 3 pairs of eyes were glaring at him. He blinked his eyes. "Er... I guess I came at the wrong timin-"

 

"Kai!" Hyemi called. "You came at the right time actually..." She smirked evilly, as Kai felt chills down his spine.

 

This is not gonna be good...

 


 

"Why am I the one carrying these when Luhan hyung can do all these?!!" Kai whined, for the first time in front of Hyemi. Giggling, Hyemi skipped her way forward with Luhan in her arms. Jirin and Kristine looked at each other and shrugged.

 

Kristine stopped her tracks and turned to Kai. "Be a good boy and keep carrying." She giggled while tapping his nose, causing the boy to groan in frustration.

 

Humming happily, Hyemi unlocked the door to their house and stepped in, she the lights and placed Luhan on the couch.

 

Kristine stepped in, taking off her 4 inch high heels and sat at the couch, of course, she sat far away from Luhan which surprises Hyemi a little.

 

On the other hand, Jirin took a step beside Hyemi without a second thought.

 

Leaving with only one choice, Kai placed the groceries on the kitchen island and sat with Kristine.

 

"Well now, explain." Kristine said, folding her arms together as she tries to listen. 

 

Hyemi sighed and told them how he just poofs and turns back into a doll and doesn't even talk since just now.

 

Jirin bit her lips and looked at Luhan. "Don't tell me he got deactivated again..." She mumbled and reached for the doll, but stopped and looked at Hyemi for permission.

 

Hyemi passed Luhan to Jirin and she started examining him. Jiring pouted slightly and shook her head. "He's deactivated again." She turned to Hyemi and smiled.

 

Hyemi raised an eyebrow. "And..."

 

"Dolls get deactivated when they see anything that is related to how they turn into a doll." Jirin explained. "At least that's how my doll gets deactivated once..."

 

Hyemi's attention turned to Luhan. The reason he turned into a doll...

 

Her eyes widened.

 

Apples...  

 

And she bought apples in that basket.  

 

A/N: This is for you who wonders how does a female Kris looks like (brb dying)

Btw I'm back, from exams, I'm a free girl now who wants a hug? *Opens arms wide* No? Aw... *Keeps back and sobs*

And yes you can start guessing who is Jirin's doll. And you might want to guess Jirin's relationship with Kristine and Kai.