Chapter 24:

Doll Lover

Chapter 24: When Jealousy strikes, twice.

 

"So we'll first go to the library and do some research, then we'll split our work." Hyemi started keeping her books as Kai stood up, ready to head back to his class to keep his stuffs. 

 

Luhan was still pissed though, and he's still holding onto Hyemi's notebook. At the same time, Hyemi wasn't really happy of how Kristine just keeps on clinging onto Luhan. It irritates her just by seeing it. Between you and me, she secretly stabbed her pencil on the wall everytime Kristine touches Luhan.

 

She looked at the notebook in Luhan's hands and started to panic. No matter what he does, he better not look at that notebook. 

 

"I'll go first. See you later." Kai said and walked out casually as if nothing happened before. "Gege, would you accompany me to my class to get my stuffs?" Kristine pouted and hugged Luhan's arm. Once again, triggered Hyemi's nervous system as she took a hold of her pencil and stabbed it onto the desk carefreely. 

 

Luhan freed himself and pushed her away. "We agreed on meeting at the library, Kristine. Go now before I call your brother." He said with a glare and got up from his seat. Of course they would meet at the library, it was the only place he could go without being suspected by Hyemi of him wanting to '' her and Kai's 'assignment date'. (Well, that's what he assumed so... Carry on.) 

 

Kristine nodded and skipped her way back to her class. Luhan let out a great sigh and looked at Hyemi. "Where are you going?" He faked that he didn't know, as she keeps her stuffs into her bag, literally stuffing everything in. "Somewhere." She said coldly, she wasn't in the mood to talk to him now that she had seen enough of his interactions with Kristine. 

 

Annoying. The word she first thought of when she sees how Kristine clings onto him. 

 

Luhan shook his head and grabbed his empty backpack, waiting for her as she pushes her chair back in and walk pass him as if he did not exist in the first place. He raised an eyebrow and caught up with her. "Yah." 

 

"Don't yah me. My name is not yah." She said coldly and shook him off. She just wanted to leave this place, leave him as soon as possible. 

 

He frowned and held onto her arm. "Why are you suddenly like this?" He asked. 

 

"I don't know. Now let me go. I have to meet Kai." 

 

Kai... Remind me to strangle him the next time I see him without her. He slowly released her arm and she spun around. "Bye." With a cold farewell, she left towards the library, leaving him there, hurt, crushed inside. 

 

He held his chest and frowned. It felt pain, and crushed. 

 

I don't know what's thing feeling but... I definitely didn't like it. 

 


 

"Sorry about Luhan earlier." Hyemi apologized to Kai while they were both researching on the informations needed for their god knows what topic is that assignment called. Kai nodded his head without saying a word and pulled the other book and flipped the pages, not really reading the content. 

 

Hyemi noticed it and glared. "Are you even looking for informations?" 

 

"I was looking, but didn't get any." He shrugged. Completely carefree and ignorance towards the assignment they were assigned on. 

 

Annoyed, she smacked his head with the book she was holding onto. "Idiot, read it." She hissed and leaned closer, pointing at the words on the book. "Read it. Word. By. Word." 

 

Kai looked up and glared, completely annoyed by her words. "I know! Would you just-" Her eyes widened upon the closeness between their faces. It was yet another feeling of her heart thumping hard. 

 

She looked away, awkward. "Er. I'll go get more books." She got up and went straight towards the bookshelfs.

 

What the hell is wrong with you... Hyemi... She held her heart and took a deep breath. There. Calmed. 

 

She sighed and turned around, only to meet eyes with Luhan who seemed way to pissed to even speak. 

 

"W-what-"

 

"You seemed to be happy with Kai." He said, rolling his eyes while folding his arms. He was staring at her with amusement, sarcasm and of course, anger. And yes, he saw it, he saw it all. How she went closer to him and pointed her finger at the book; how Kai looked up at her and their eyes met; how she actually blush and walk away from Kai awkwardly.

 

Everything he saw became the reason for him to be pissed at the moment. Everything seemed to be wrong for him unless she apologizes, unless he hears her call his name.

 

"Look, I don't care what you see, but-" 

 

"But you were happy?" His eyes snapped dangerously as he leans in, pinning her against the rows of books while his eyes stared into hers. Her heart made a loud thump, thunders rang in her ears, roaring in danger, but she couldn't escape his hypnotizing stare. 

 

"Lu-" His lips were brushing against hers, and a flip and twist turned her heart. She blushed and pressed her palm against his chest, attempt to push him away, but he wouldn't let her. He held both her hands and forced them against the racks while not forgetting to shot her a glare.

 

"I'll ask this again. Are you happier with him or me?" He asked. 

 

Hyemi bit her lips nervously and looked down, avoiding his gaze as much as possible. Luhan lifted her chin up and forced her gaze to lock with his. "Answer me." He leaned into her ear and whispered, sending shivers down her spine.

 

Unable to think, unable to speak, her knees felt weak upon his soft whispers. "L-luhan..." She whispered his name softly as she felt his lips nibbling onto her ears. 

 

"Calling my name isn't answering anything... My sweet master." He smirked as he whispers again. 

 

She was embarrassed as hell. "Enough!" She pushed him away and held her ear tightly, her thumb rubbed over the place he nibbled. "You ert doll! I hate you!" She stomped away with her face completely red.

 

Kai looked up and raised an eyebrow on her. "What? Why are you so red?"

 

She looked away. "Nothing. Just. Read." She took the seat beside him and pulled a book closer to her.

 

Stupid doll...

 

Luhan stared blankly at the spot she was standing before, then his eyes turned darker than ever.

 

I swear, Kai won't be able to see the light tomorrow. And he laughed mentally upon the thought. 

 

Kai suddenly shivered.

 

"What's wrong?" Hyemi turned around and asked, still a little awkward with him.

 

He shook his head and gulped silently.

 

I swear, I feel chills...