Chapter 1:

Doll Lover

Chapter 1: Activation.

 

“Ah! I’m finally back.” She pouted cutely while dragging her luggage bag towards the exit.

 

It was a surprise that she came back to Seoul, she just wanted to surprise her parents.

 

I wonder if they’ll be surprised… She giggled at the thought and hailed for a taxi.

 

Handling the driver her home address, she sat back and started to fiddle with her phone. It was no surprise that there were no messages waiting to be opened, since she doesn’t have any friends.

 

It’s been two years… Everything changed so fast. She kept her phone and blinked her eyes upon the new sight of towers and buildings.

 

The taxi stopped its tracks. “Young miss, we’re here.” He turned back and said.

 

She nodded her head and smiled. “Thank you sir.” She placed a huge note for him and got out of the taxi, along with her luggage.

 

She was surprised. “Omo, how did a small house turn into a mansion within 2 years?” Her eyes sparkled in excitement.

 

Pushing the gate, she frowned upon the dust gathered thickly against the metal poles. Spider webs were covered everywhere, and it seemed wasted.

 

She raised an eyebrow. “Were they on a vacation or what?” She shrugged off the thoughts and went into the house, or rather, mansion.

 

The inside was surprisingly clean, and it was sparkling too. She grinned and ran towards the couch, throwing herself onto the soft surface and laughed.

 

“Oh~ Home sweet home!” She giggled and hugged the pillow, abandoning her luggage as she looked up at the crystal chandelier.

 

She got up. “I wonder how’s it like upstairs?” She jumped up and ran across the row of doors, stopping at the only door standing proudly in the middle of all other rooms.

 

 Without further thoughts, she opened the door.

 

“My bed!” She ran and was about to throw herself onto the bed, until she finds something sitting on the bed.

 

She stopped her tracks and looked at it in disgust. “What is this?” She bent down to its height.

 

Poking its cheeks, she raised an eyebrow. “A doll.” She rolled her eyes and picked up the doll.

 

A note fell, surprising her.

 

Picking up the note, she read the content. “Dear Hyemi, the moment you read this, we might be gone already…” She gasped, but continue reading it. “… When I said gone I mean we’re gone to another places for further doll studies.” She sighed in relief, then continue reading it out loud. “… If not, please put this back WHERE YOU FOUND IT?!” She glared at the paper.

 

“… This doll here is going to be under your care, please treat him with much love and affection. If not, then I’ll disown you- WHAT THE HECK?!” She crumpled the paper up and glared at the doll.

 

She placed the doll back onto the bed; her eyes never stop burning imaginary holes onto the doll.

 

She took a firm grip on the doll’s leg and lifted it up, then let go of it, causing it to land onto the bed ungracefully.

 

She rolled her eyes. “Tsk, it’s just a normal doll… Why must I treat it with care?” She pouted and poked the doll’s nose playfully.

 

With pure curiosity, she picked up the doll and looked at its features closely. “But this doll looks so beautiful… Like a real human… Just a smaller version one.” She giggled and pecked its lips playfully.

 

She stood up and stretched her muscles. “Ahhh~ I’ll just take a shower.” She walked away from the room, unaware of what she had just done.

 

She had activated the ties.