Chapter 37:

Doll Lover

Chapter 37: Sign

 

News spread fast, when fans spotted Luhan actually buying pads in the convenient store, their phones and cameras contantly snapped his every movements and it went all over the school newspapers. Fans screamed, cried, or even choked themselves upon the hysterical news while the one responsible for it feels absolutely neutral about it.

 

"What's with everyone? They look crazy." She commented, absolutely carefree about the news, while Luhan hid his face under his arms and intend to just dig a hole and hide.

 

He shook his head. Calm down... Just calm down... He felt his muscles twitching to force the one responsible for the school newspaper to face him and tell him what the hell was the problem of buying pads for Hyemi, but then again, it was too embarrassing to just say it to the person's face knowing the situation might get worse.

 

He gave up and looked at her, she seemed rather neutral about the whole situation, even what happened last night, in which, might surprise just anyone, even himself.

 

I mean, who wouldn't get surprise when the Luhan just controlled things without even touching them? Is that what hormones does to the things he controls? NO! It was something that even he couldn't explain, it's like, it just came on to him, that he can suddenly control things.

 

It was convenient though... He thought and looked at his hand, his wrist where an unknown bracelet appeared since the day he was awaken again. He tried taking it off, but of course, it never worked, he even tried the knife, but nothing works.

 

"Yah." Hyemi turned to Luhan and raised an eyebrow. "What?" She asked.

 

Luhan showed Hyemi the bracelet. "Did you put this?" He asked, raising an eyebrow on her. Hyemi tilted her head and reached for the bracelet, it looked beautiful, of course. There were 2 chains of 3 connected circles above and below an eye looking craft, which somehow looks mysterious to her.

 

She gave Luhan a blank look. "Does it seem like I would buy things like this?" She asked, not her normal self, probably what mood swings had done to her.

 

Luhan stayed silent then, still playing with the bracelet that he couldn't get off his wrist. Kai and Kris came just in time, with an oddly obedient Kristine tailing behind, eyeing on Kai from time to time as Kai and Kris gestures Luhan to follow them, along with Hyemi.

 

Kai nodded, without saying anything, he grabbed Hyemi's hand and lead her out of the classroom while ignoring the envious stares on their intwined fingers as usual.

 


 

The few went up to the rooftop and locked the doors, assuring that no one is there to hear their conversations.

 

"Hyung, do you know this?" Kai ed the 2 buttons near his collar and showed off the necklace that hugged his neck, with a triangle shaped pendant dangling on his chest.

 

Kris looked at Luhan's wrist. "So you have one too?" Kris asked, and Luhan nodded. "Yeah, all of a sudden."

 

Hyemi was confused, she wasn't sure of what they were talking about, but one things for sure, it has everything to do with those weird symbols and the weird symptoms like the ones attached to Luhan's wrist.

 

Kristine frowned, even though she and Kai were always together, she hadn't notice that disturbing necklace around his neck until today, which she felt rather sad about. How can I have not notice that... But then again, even Kai didn't know about the necklace until today.

 

Jirin lifted Kris's hand, which a ring was attached to it. A flying creature looking symbol was there glued onto his finger. Kris groaned and pulled his hand back. "I don't want to know what the hell is this..." He mumbled and tugged his hand in his pockets.

 

Luhan looked at the weird symbol again and shook his head.

 

"But don't you think it's weird? Like all of a sudden, we get these weird powers..." He mumbled and looked at the triangle pendant with a weird swirl in the middle. He looked at the others who had confused expressions on their faces. "It's like a sign."

 

"Sign?" Kristine frowned at Kai. Jirin brightened up. "Like... A sign that you can change back?" She asked and clapped her hands together, anticipating her cousin's answer.

 

Kris shook his head. "Pabo, if it's a sign that the curse is breaking, then we wouldn't have gotten these weird..." He floated in midair all of a sudden. "... things." He looked at himself, pissed.

 

Jirin covered , suppressing the laughters that were about to burst when she saw Kris floating in midair, unable to control his powers just yet.

 

Kai blinked at him from far away, then looked at Kristine who had her jaw literally dropped when she pointed at the original spot where he was standing at, then back to where he is currently standing at. What the... He looked at himself then back to where Kristine was. This is stupid...

 

Luhan was the only one who didn't have anything weird going on, well, for the moment. Until Hyemi suddenly felt the bottle she was holding onto suddenly floated and moved towards Luhan, and a random soccer ball just randomly floated from the gym towards him.

 

Kai smacked his forehead, annoyed. While Luhan felt rather amused with his new power. And there, Kris was pissed that he couldn't think of a way to get down without struggling like a clown.

 

More like a sign that we're turning into aliens.