Chapter 27:

Doll Lover

Chapter 27: I lost my mind. (A/N: Thought of this while listening to EXO-M What is Love. hah.)

 

The next day, it was as normal as usual. Kristine would continue to pester Luhan, while Kai would only lean against one of the nerd's lockers and stare at them with his usual blank stare. He doesn't seem to care nor gets annoyed by the scene, unlike a certain someone who was boiling and of course, having her books nearly ripped into pieces. 

 

Hyemi rolled her eyes and chunked her book deep into her locker and glared at a random spot of the corner. Stupid little girl... 

 

Kris suddenly leans against the locker and shook his head. "Sorry about my sister..." He mumbled softly while eyeing on Hyemi worriedly, not that he expressed it out though. 

 

Hyemi looked up and nodded. "Not that I care." She said grumpily and slammed her locker door shut, surprising the Tao who was eating a strawberry beside Kris. 

 

Kris shrugged. "Not that I care." He pushed himself up from the locker and walked away. "Let's go, Tao. Leave the cù nv (*醋女*The same pronounciation as *) alone." He took a hold of Tao's collar and dragged the choking Tao away.

 

"How can you say this in public?!" 

 

"Just shut up." 

 

Kai sighed and shook his head and disapprovement. "I don't get the reason to get jealous, you know-" 

 

"I. Am. Not. Jealous." Hyemi stated while poking onto Kai's chest. Kai's eyes widened, his heart started accelerating in a fast pace which surprises him, a lot. 

 

He slapped Hyemi's hand away and looked away from her. "I... Got to go..." He mumbled softly and ran away. 

 

Hyemi raised an eyebrow. "What's with him...?" She mumbled and tilted her head to the side cutely. 

 

Meanwhile, at the other side. There happened to be 2 dark figure glaring at the other two, one standing while doing a cute posture, while the other was running away. 

 

Kristine narrowed her eyes dangerously at Kai. You're dead later... She folded her arms and pouted madly. 

 

Luhan turned to Kristine. "You like Kai now do you? Clinging onto me is just an excuse." Kristine looked up in surprised and she blushed in embarrassment. "S-s-s-shhut up..." She looked away and bit her lips nervously. I got caught... 

 

He smirked. "You're blushing, so am I right?" He asked.

 

Kristine covered his mouth and looked around. "D-don't tell anyone." She was flipping nervous about it.

 

Luhan scoffed and removed her hand away. "Then let's make a deal."

 

She raised an eyebrow. "What deal?"

 

"You'll see." He whispered and smirked.  

 

Just in time, Hyemi turned towards the two's direction. Surprised by the two's closeness, she felt her heart clenching painfully. Unknowingly, she clenched her fist into a ball and turned away. 

 

It's none of my business... She bit her lips, she didn't know why, she felt so hurt, so pained by what she sees (Which she misunderstands but doesn't know about it so call her an idiot for all you want).

 

It's not. 

 


 

During the whole day, Hyemi had completely turned into a grumpy who barks whenever anything starts to trigger her bombs. She would glare at anyone, even teacher that pass by her, ignore the teacher's comments and lectures throughout the whole class, and moreover, ignoring Luhan at all cost.

 

Luhan, on the other side, was trying to get her attention this whole time. He would poke her arm with his pencil, try to get a hold of her hand, attempting to grumpy self knowing the consequences, but it all failed. She just ignored it all.

 

Unusual... He furrowed his eyes, feeling the tired, painful feeling on his chest. It hurt a lot, it wasn't a lie when he thought he was about to die. It felt as pain as having his heart seperated to parts.

 

He never liked this feeling. He had been feeling this feeling for days. Ever since they were asked to do this assignment, she felt distant, which hurts that wooden heart of his more. But despite the hurt, he couldn't go to the hospital, he just couldn't take the risk of any of those doctors finding out about how his heart turned into an empty wooden shell.

 

He sighed and rested his head on the table, still staring at her as she was clicking on her machanical pencil countlessly while staring into space.

 

Beautiful, pure as white... He made up a soft lullaby in his mind and smile slightly. Just so perfect. How he wanted to reach his hand out and caress her cheek. But he just couldn't, especially when they are in class right now.

 

He could have ignored the teacher's witty comments about how cheesy he can be about Hyemi, and just do whatever he wants with her in class. But she didn't want to, and he didn't want to force her.

 

He started thinking off how insane he became when he sees Kai and her together. How he wanted to strangle Kai to death when she hugged him. How he felt so annoyed when she ignored him... 

 

That's it... He sighed again. I'm officially insane...

 

Hyemi was slowly dozing off, she yawned and rested her head on the desk. Meeting eyes with Luhan, she uncomfortable sorted her attention away, her heart skipping beats unknowingly. She closed her eyes next while clenching her uniform skirt tightly. Stop staring... She thought and squeezed her eyes shut.

 

Luhan smiled, still not moving his gaze from her.

 

He didn't want to close his eyes, he didn't want to lose even one shot of Hyemi's.

 

I guess... I'm losing my mind.

 

Lost my mind to you...  

 

 


*醋女(cù nv)      醋 = Vinegar, Basically, what Kris meant was that Hyemi is a jealous girl

*(chù nv)