Chapter 40:

Doll Lover

Chapter 40: I think I love you

 

Luhan kept himself locked in the room, not wanting to eat, talk or even stepping out of the room. "Luhan..." Hyemi knocked on the door for the nth time, hoping to hear his voice, even if it's just a simple "oh" It would make her feel ease. But nothing came, it was an absolute silence.

 

Hyemi frowned and looked at the doorknob, it's just day 1, 1 day after the huge fight between him and his mother. She knew how it felt, she understood how he felt about being told that his mother regretted having him, but then, she just couldn't bring herself up to cheer him up.

 

Slowly, she gained courage. She slowly twisted the doorknob and peeped in, Luhan was staring up at the ceiling, his face was blank, but visible tears were shown by the corner of his eyes. He had been crying for the whole night, and Hyemi just couldn't do anything about it.

 

Hyemi slowly stepped in, about to approach him when he grabbed a hold of the while pillow and covered his face. "Don't come any closer." He warned with a stern, yet shaking voice. His voice trembled badly, as if he was about to break soon. His heart, at the same time, was broken, hurt like there was no tomorrow.

 

She slowly approached, with baby steps, she sat beside him and gently pulled the pillow out of his face. His face was soaked with tears, moisted with sadness. He looked so bad, so hurt, so crushed by his mother's words, but he was enduring it all along.

 

Without words, Hyemi wiped his tears and hugged him tight, resting her head on his chest and closed her eyes, she bit her lips tightly, until it bleed and looked up at Luhan who closed his eyes. His heartbeat was as fast as ever, and he should be teasing her if it were normal occasions, but this time, he was silent. Way too silent.

 

It felt worse than when he was deactivated. That's what she felt when she see that he wasn't even acknowledging her presense, just right beside him. He was still hurt over the fact that his mother, his own biological mother regretted having him, who wouldn't be hurt knowing that?

 

Hyemi looked up at him with determination standed in her eyes. Without warning, she crashed her lips onto his, pushing him down onto the bed and dug her fingers through his shirt. His eyes widened in surprise, surprised by how bold Hyemi had been today, she didn't cry like how it was supposed to be in dramas when the mother disapproves of the couple, but stood strong and came to him instead.

 

It felt... Good... He thought and closed his eyes, responding the kiss with soft, gentle pace, along with short pecks from time to time. His fingers were running across her long, soft hair, while his heart skipped quickly. Thump, thump, it went as loud as drumrolls.

 

Hyemi, on the other hand, felt embarrassed upon his respond, she thought that he would stay stun while she kisses him, but it turned out to be the other way around, in which wasn't what she expected.

 

His arms wrapped around her waist, closen the distance between them. She felt crushed under his hold, as his lips moved in sync as she is. As gentle as he goes, his other hand reached for her cheek, his thumb gently brushed against her redden cheek as he smiled throughout the whole session.

 

Finally, they broke the kiss and panted, gasping for air.

 

He smiled and placed a small peck on her lips. "Thanks..." He said with much sincerity and rested his head on her shoulder as she blushed badly.

 

"Thank you... Hyemi..."

 

She gasped, stunned by his sudden call. It was the first time he had ever called her by her name. The very first time he had called her name so sincerely that it almost made her heart stop. His voice was so gentle, so sweet that her ears might turn off tune just by hearing it.

 

She wrapped her arms around his head, having her fingers brushing against his hair. "You're... welcome..." She felt awkward all of a sudden, seeing that their positions aren't really appropiate.

 

Luhan chuckled and released her. "Surprised?" He asked. 

 

"E-e-eh?" She blinked her eyes at her.

 

He smiled sadly. "That I turned out like this..." He mumbled. 

 

She shook her head. "No." She smiled and cupped his cheeks. "It's okay to be like this..." She pecked his lips and blushed slightly.

 

"Really..." She mumbled and looked at her feet.

 

This moment, he smiled and nodded. "I know." He rested his forehead on hers. With the same gentle smile that he rarely gives, he closed his eyes.

 

"That's why... Thank you... For understanding me." Her heart pounded so hard that it felt as if it was about to break through her ribcage.

 

She nodded. "I... I..." She couldn't puzzle up the words that were meant to be told.

 

He chuckled upon her stutters and shook his head, without warning, he pushed his lips against hers again.

 

"Sh... You don't have to say anything..." He smiled and lied back down, pulling her along with him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and closed his eyes again.  

 

"Just sleep." He commented and rested his chin on her head, inhaling the sweet scent of her hair.

 

She nodded and snuggled up to him, she closed her eyes and went to dreamland. Immediately.

 

He laughed slightly and played with her hair. "Go Hyemi..." He whispered her name softly. He felt her soft breathing against his chest and giggled slightly, feeling his heart tickled in a rather glad matter. His heart was skipping quickly, and it was an explanable, indescribable feeling. 

 

He smiled, finally understood how he felt, even though he knew he could never explain how he suddenly felt that way.

 

"I think I love you, Go Hyemi."