Chapter 46:

Doll Lover

Chapter 46: Because I love you

 

"So..." Hyemi looked at the half dead Kai beside Kristine and sighed. "We have a half dead, already normal Kai there..." She mumbled then turned to Luhan and Kris. "And 2 more dolls here to fix..." Said Jirin, as bluntly as usual.

 

Luhan rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around Hyemi's waist. "Not that I care about being a doll if I can get a kiss everyday..." He whispered teasingly, as Hyemi only heard it and blushed upon his words. What the heck?! She glared at him with embarrassed looks and looked away when he flashes a smile.

 

Kris cleared his throat and folded his arms. "Now... How do we break this whole thing?" He asked, as usual, straight to the point. He wanted a clear answer, but of course, no one could ever tell him that. Even Kai didn't know how he just boom, turned back to normal like that, don't even think about asking Kristine.

 

Jirin pouted and looked at Kris. "You talk as if you want to quickly break the curse..." She mumbled, slightly disappointed at him.

 

He raised an eyebrow on her. "What? If I could, I would definitely want to get myself out of this crazy curse and get back my freedom for good." He stated the obvious, and that obvious dagger stabbed through Jirin's heart from hearing it. She nodded hesitatingly and looked away. "I... I know..." She felt herself stuttering.

 

Hyemi frowned, seeing Jirin looking away, trying to hide her sadness of hearing what Kris said made her question herself. Is letting Luhan go like this the right thing to do? What if he never comes back after that? What if... He won't consider themselves even as friends...? She bit her lip and took short glances at Luhan from time to time.

 

Caught her glances, Luhan raised an eyebrow on her. "Why do you keep on staring at me?" He asked, frowning at her as he notices how her eyes shown sadness. He sighed and wrapped his arm around her waist, then looked at Kris.

 

"Let's just go back first, until you find something odd, then we'll gather again." He suggested. Kris nodded and stood up, along with the others, then walked out of the house.

 

Kris turned back. "You too. If you find anything odd, contact us." He said. Nodding, everyone left the house, leaving only Hyemi and Luhan back in their house.

 

Luhan turned back to Hyemi and frowned. "Now what's wrong?" He asked, approaching her. His hand reached hers, but she slapped it away.

 

She stood up immediately. "I... I'm tired, I'll take a bath..." She took quick steps towards the bathroom and slammed the door shut, leaving Luhan by the couch, confused and hurt by her sudden actions.

 

"Why am I acting this way...?" Hyemi looked at herself in the mirror and frowned. Tears fell, falling down her cheeks with slow pace as the amount of tears increase. She felt her lips tremble as her knees weakened. She fell onto the ground.

 

She tried, wiping the tears away as she bit her lips tightly to lessen the cries. But she just couldn't, the tears just won't stop falling. Just as I thought he wouldn't leave... Will he leave again if the curse is broken...? She curled into a ball and frowned deeply, letting the tears soak her sleeves.

 

Will I... Be alone again...?

 

"I don't want to be alone again..." She covered her lips and cried silently in the small bathroom.

 


 

Luhan hesitated, he was about to knock on the bathroom door to check on Hyemi, but he hesitated badly after recalling how she just jerks his hand away from hers. His heart couldn't take it, such simple, small actions that could break his heart into peaces.

 

But the hesitations were soon gone as he heard her cries in the bathroom. Eyes widened, he started punching the door. "Hyemi, come out! What's wrong?!" The cries got louder, and that did it, he ran into the room and got himself a spare key and unlocked the door.

 

Only to find Hyemi crying on the floor.

 

He frowned and wrapped his arms around her small waist and hugged him tight. "Hyemi..." She shook her head and struggled.

 

"Hyemi look at me." She refused, still struggling to escape from his warmth. She didn't want to fall deeper, she dislike how it will all end when the time comes.

 

Luhan tightened his hug, turning her around and placed his lips on hers, forcing the kiss into her as his thumb wiped across her eyes, wiping the tears, the sadness off her face. He hated how she could even look so beautiful even while crying, how fragile she had turned when she was that hard headed girl he fell for. 

 

He fell deep. That's the only thing he could say.

 

"Hyemi..." He released her and looked at her, the girl whom he cared for dearly, the love of his life.

 

"Why are you crying now...?" He asked, confused and curious. The reasons behind her tears, it was like a mystery in which he hope he wasn't the reason for them to fall. It was so precious, her tears were too precious to fall, that's what he thought.

 

She looked away, avoiding his gaze, his eyes, mostly, his eyes. "Look at me." Luhan begged. "Please... Look at me." She frowned and looked at him. She felt it once again, her heart throbbed upon the look of his face, so perfect, like how she liked it.

 

Her hands trembled. "Tell me, why are you crying...?" His thumb wiped over the tear that was falling. She shook her head, not wanting to talk about it. But he wanted to know.

 

"Just tell me... Please..." He begged, for the first time, to the girl in front of him.

 

Her trembling lips hesitated, her voice came, but trembling as she speaks. "I... I was..." Tears formed once again.

 

He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her in. "It's okay. I don't want to know anymore... I don't..."

 

"I was scared..." She said while wiping her own tears away. He frowned at her. "Scared? How-"

 

"I was scared that you might leave..." She frowned. "You might think this is stupid... But I..." She looked at herself.

 

"I don't like being alone..."

 

Luhan smiled and placed his lips on hers again.

 

"You're not alone... And you'll never be." He assured her. "Because I'll always be here."

 

"I'll always be yours, even if you throw me away, I'll always be..." He planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

 

"Because I love you, Go Hyemi."