Chapter 23:

Doll Lover

Chapter 23: When Jealousy strikes

 

"How do you know Kristine anyway?" Luhan asked. It was another day, another boring day of school when the two were practically chatting casually in front of Mr Jo's lessons. Not that he cared, he seems to be in a good mood today anyway. 

 

God knows what's wrong with him... Hyemi thought and sighed. "You don't wanna know." She said while keeping her eyes on the blackboard. 

 

"What if I want to?" Luhan raised an eyebrow and asked. 

 

"No you don't." 

 

"I want to." 

 

"You..." She turned to him and glared. "Nevermind..." She mumbled and scribbled rubbish onto her notebook, mostly 'Luhan ' and 'Stupid doll'. She sighed again and looked at Luhan. "What if I tell you we're best friends?" 

 

Luhan furrowed his eyes. "I won't believe you." He said straightly. 

 

"Exactly. Now stop asking." She stated and successfully shut him up. Looking at her scribbed notes, she gasped in terror upon that one thing she actually scribbled without even noticing that she did it. (Get what I mean?)

 

Luhan, who happened to witness her dramatic gasping, raised an eyebrow on her. "What?" He asked, trying to peek when she closed her notebook and covered it with her hands. "Nothing." She said, trying to keep up with the poker face when her face clearly shows a light shade of pink.

 

Confused, Luhan sighed and decided to let it all slide. He turned his attention back onto his empty desk and lied on it. He was still staring at her though, it feels weird, but he just liked to stare at her. No, scratch that. He loves to stare at her.

 

"Xi Luhan. Quit looking at your girl and concentrate on your studies." Mr Jo turned back into his y self as he placed the textbook down. "Don't make me put you into detention again."

 

Luhan rolled his eyes and leaned back onto his seat. Like I care... He shook his head. "She's too irresistable for me to not look." Gaining howls from his male classmate and boos from his female classmate. But of course, the most interesting part of the reaction would be her one and only special reaction.

 

Hands clenching onto the item she was holding tightly, face completely bright red, ears shone with a bright shot of red along with her face, eyes as wide as it could be.

 

How cute can she be... He thought and mentally chuckled.

 

Mr Jo sighed and shook his head. "Kids these days, they grew up too fast..." He wiped off his imaginary tears and started listing the list of people on the board.

 

"As what I said last night, I had grouped you peeps up, along with the Class 3-N. And these." He pointed at the black board. "Will be your group from now on."

 

Hyemi looked up at the board, her hands still sweating from the cheesy line that Luhan had blurted out loud. She carefully searched for her name, and there it was.

 

She is partnered up with someone other than Luhan.

 

Holy Krisus finally answered my prayers since last night!! She mentally squealed in happiness. But then again, when her eyes landed on Luhan's name. Her thoughts changed immediately.

 

Luhan is partnered up with that one bish from the other class called Kristine Wu.

 

Touche... Luhan wasn't happy with the pairings either. Especially when he sees how far apart his name was from Hyemi. His anger grew in him more when he saw her partner's name.

 

Kai, you're dead to me. He furrowed his eyes when the door swung open. "Gege~" One annoying squeal came from one annoying mouth. Kristine skipped her way to Luhan and wrapped her arms around his. "We're partners~ I'm so happy."

 

Hyemi furrowed her eyes dangerously at Kristine. Afraid that she might snap, she held onto her pencil as tight as possible. "Yo." She snapped out of her mental strangling and looked up to find Kai staring down at her.

 

"Hi..." She replied, using the usual cool tone. "Take a seat." 

 

Kai glared at the person in front of her, threatening him to leave with his eyes. And that did it. The guy left, and the seat is now vacant. "I found one." He smirked and sat down.

 

More like he snatched one. She thought and pulled out her notebook. "So about the assignment-" She flipped the pages, until she took a glance at the thing she did on her notebook. She slammed her notebook shut and kept it back into her drawer.

 

Kai raised an eyebrow. "What was that?" He asked, curious.

 

"Was what?"

 

"That."

 

"That what?"

 

Kai furrowed his eyes. "Don't make me force it out of you." He threatened. Kai was a man of his words, when he said that he would do it, he would. A brave man he was. Which is what Hyemi feared the most right now. She didn't want anyone to know what's in her notebook. More like, she didn't want LUHAN to find out what's in her notebook!

 

Hyemi immediately pull the notebook out of her drawer and hid it behind her back. "I'm not showing it to you!!" She stated determinedly and forced herself back.

 

Impatiently, Kai stood up and tried grabbing for the notebook, having his face extremely close to hers. I repeat, extremely close to hers, which makes it relevant for Luhan to snap and grab the notebook out of Hyemi's hands.

 

Kai and Hyemi could only look at him in shock. And he spoke the obvious as usual.

 

"I don't like how you guys are this close. So this notebook? I'm keeping it."