Chapter 36:

Doll Lover

Chapter 36: Of all days, why now? 

 

"Why are you so mad all of a sudden?" Hyemi raised an eyebrow as she witness Luhan gulping down the cup of coffee without even bothering to wait for it to cool down. She tilted her head and raised an eyebrow. He's ignoring me again... She pouted and looked at her feet. 

 

Luhan slammed the white ceramic cup on the table and wiped his lips roughly with his sleeves. "Nothing..." He mumbled and looked at her, faking a smile as he gets up to approach her. 

 

She gulped and took a step back. "I have a bad feeling about this... You don't come here!" She stated and blushed as he traps her between his arms. He leaned in.

 

"Do you know how annoying it is to have your dongsaengs you whenever you try to spend time with someone?" He mumbled, leaning in closer till their noses touched.

 

Hyemi gulped and blinked her eyes. "C-?" She stuttered while clenching onto his shirt tightly.

 

"Yeah... Like-" Hyemi gasped and pushed Luhan away, causing Luhan to fall on his onto the cold hard kitchen floor. 

 

Hyemi looked back and gasped, then ran towards the bathroom without even caring about Luhan any longer.

 

Luhan painfully rubbed his backside and glared at Hyemi who is currently in the bathroom. He forced himself up and uttered words which one could never catch.

 

She leaned against the door and looked at the ground, somehow feeling all so uncomfortable. She could feel it, her insides felt so contracted that she couldn't help but to clutch onto her stomach painfully. She bit her lips and gasped slightly when she felt the vibration of Luhan's knock on the door.

 

"Yah, what's with you? Suddenly rushing to the bathroom." Luhan felt somehow worried, even though he was, of course mad at how she could just push her way out of the conversation and rush to the bathroom. Something's wrong... He thought and frowned.

 

Hyemi looked at herself, then back to the door where Luhan was leaning against on the other side. She looked at the floor again. Should I...? He's the only one who can help...

 

"Er... Luhan...?" She whispered softly, despite having no one around the house other than themselves. "Can you do me a favor?" She blushed slightly and clicked her nails together. 

 

Luhan raised an eyebrow. "And what is that?" He turned, facing the door, despite seeing only the door and not her.

 

She felt somehow embarrassed while uttering a messy, unorganized sentence to him, in other words, gibberish which Luhan couldn't understand that he had to ask it once more.

 

"What?!!!!!!" He shouted from the outside, and Hyemi covered her ears in pain. "Ahhhhhhhh I don't care just get me those things right now!!!!!!!!!!" She screamed from the inside and jumped around, frustrated.

 

Luhan had a mix feeling of confusion and embarrassment. He rubbed the back of his neck and looked away. "Seriously...?" He asked, just to make sure.

 

Hyemi opened the door slightly and peeked at him. "You think?" She lost her patience and snapped at him.

 

He shook his head, still not meeting his eyes with her. "Fine... I'll be back in... awhile..." He mumbled and rushed away from the door, red faced as he stomps into her room.

 

"Now..." He cracked his knuckles and looked around her room. "Let's start searching shall we?" He closed his eyes and smirked.

 


 

"What's taking him so long?!!!" Hyemi whined, but didn't dare to move even an inch due to the pain on her lower abdomen. She bit her lips and clutched onto her stomach tighter, as she felt that the pain is getting worse.

 

There, a knock on the door was heard next. Without thinking, Hyemi slammed the door open, widely and glared at Luhan who had a leopard print mask on, along with his hoodie, which made him look more like a robber than just him.

 

Hyemi frowned in discomfort and looked at the thing in his hand, which he continuously poked on her arm, gesturing her to quickly take it and don't ask.

 

"Weirdo." She uttered, annoyed and took the things then slammed the door shut.

 

Luhan quickly ran to her room and slammed the door shut. He pulled off the mask and his hoodie and wiped his cold sweat away, with an obvious blush across his cheeks.

 

"This is the worst experience ever..." He covered his eyes in terror, then looked at the huge box in the middle of the room. "I hope that these can last for years so that I won't have to experience that again..." He mumbled while kicking the box slightly.

 

"What are you doing?" Hyemi came in grumpily and stared at him in annoyance. "What took you so long anyway?" She mumbled.

 

Luhan looked down at her and raised an eyebrow. "You ran out of them, so I have to run to get them...?" The last few words turn out to be a whisper.

 

"You... Get them...?" She asked, confused.

 

Luhan's face turned red again. He dashed towards the bed and sat down, it wasn't that his energy were drained, it felt more like, his pride is drained out.

 

It was too embarrassing for him to handle.

 

Suddenly, Hyemi laughed. "You... You bought it?! Seriously?!" She covered and laughed.

 

Luhan looked up and glared. "Stop laughing." He hissed, but Hyemi didn't care.

 

"You... you... you... bought... pwahhahaha!!" She clutched onto her stomach and laughed, despite the painful feeling on her abdomen.

 

Snapped, Luhan held her wrist and pinned her against the bed. He glared down at her who still wouldn't stop laughing and felt his muscles twitching in annoyance. "Stop." He said once more while leaning in.

 

She stopped instantly and looked up at him in annoyance. "Let go." She warned, but he didn't listened.

 

"Xi Luhan! I said let go!!!!" She screamed into his ears and bit his arm painfully, causing him to yelp in pain and release her. "OUCH WOMAN WHAT THE HELL-" Wait, mood swings? Seriously?! He was more than just mad, he was furious.

 

She stuck her tongue out at him. "Ha! That's what you get for--- KYAAA!!" She was suddenly forced back to the bed, not by Luhan, there was nothing, but it felt like something was holding her back from getting up.

 

Then there was Luhan who was smirking at her. "Didn't think of that now did you? Master?" He leaned down and whispered in a rather sweet, hypnotizing voice.

 

Hyemi shook her head and struggled, kicking her legs up high to take the risk and luck of kicking him, but as he waved his hand down, her legs felt tied by a certain invisible hand that she felt paralyzed.

 

She glared at Luhan. "What the hell?!" She hissed.

 

He smirked.

 

"Didn't think a doll could do anything?"