The power of guiltiness

Please Forget About Him and Smile (Editing)

Chapter 44: The power of guiltiness.

 

Your POV:

I opened my eyes and immediately shivered getting goosebumps. I tried to find out where I was because it was dark and my vision was still blurred. I concluded I was in an old basement because of the high levels of humid.

I heard someone’s steps coming from upstairs. My head hurt and I felt a little dizzy. The only thing I could remember was I walked out of home for buying some cookies.

“How are you sweetie?” Hyuna said walking downstairs.

I didn’t answer to her question and just glared at her. If my hands weren’t tied, I would have slapped her for sure. How did she kidnap me anyway?

“Are you still feeling dizzy?” she came closer and stared at me. I looked away feeling uncomfortable.

“Why are you doing this?”

“You really want to know, uh? Well, I can tell you. But you can’t tell anyone. It will be our secret”

“I won’t. I have never told anyone our secrets even when you betrayed me as my best friend”

“You’d better keep it Gaein. I don’t want to kill you before the show starts” she smirked.

I gulped. Shivers came down my spine. She was really trying to kill me, or to kill someone. I was so afraid.

“Do you remember that car accident where your parents died? Of course you do. Well, my father was the one who crashed with your parent’s car.”

My eyes widened in shock. My breath stopped. Her father crashed against my parent’s car and the three of them died in that accident. That couldn’t be possible.

“When I met you, I really thought you were a nice girl, just a little shy. We became friends and I was being sincere back then. I knew you felt guilty about your parent’s death and I always felt the same. We shared those kinds of feelings. But then, you described openly what happened that day. You called your parents to hurry to go to your stupid music performance. And they speeded up just to go to see their idiot daughter.” Anger filled her eyes.

“You said my father was drunk and that was the reason why they crashed. But you were so wrong. My father wasn’t drunk! It was your fault! And I would never let you to forgive yourself for what you did. If my life was going to be miserable, you were coming down with me.”

“That’s not true…”

I held my head trying to ignore what she was saying. Flashbacks of that day came in my mind filling my heart with that bitter pain.

“So, I decided to start with Chunji. I wanted you to get depressed and be miserable for the rest of your life. It was so easy to manipulate that puppet” She smirked. “But Youngmin had to get in the way, so I had to take him too. There is some news you need to know but I’ll tell you later. I’ll leave you some water and get back in a couple hours”

This wasn’t happening. I felt like someone was taking the air of the room. I couldn’t breathe and those nightmares came back to my mind. They were so clear and real. The blood on the street, my parents’ bodies covered with grey plastic bags. The policemen telling people to walk away and the reporters grabbing the accident, all of that was stuck in my mind. That memory, no matter how hard I tried, it was impossible to me to erase it.

“I’m back. Look who came?” Hyuna said. She came with Youngmin downstairs again.

I didn’t look up. I knew Youngmin was pretending to be with her because he was trying to protect me. He had told me about his plan a week ago.

He was shocked of seeing me there. He told me not to go out of home, but I was going crazy there alone for a week. So, I decided to go to buy some food. But Youngmin was right, Hyuna was everywhere.

“I told you I had news. Youngmin and I are having a baby” she said.

My eyes were staring at the wall. The screams couldn’t get out of my head. That memory was still playing on my mind over and over again.

“Why don’t you say something?” she faced me.

I didn’t answer. I couldn’t move. What she just told me was crazy. It was the answer to everything. Chunji died because of me.

“Look. We are happy. We’re getting married. And you are so miserable” she hugged Youngmin.

“You won. Did you want to hear that?” a tear rolled down my cheek. I was still staring at the wall.

“Yes, of course. That’s exactly what I wanted to listen. But this is not the end. More is coming. Just wait.” she smirked and then left.

 

“Gaein, what’s wrong?”

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have called” I cried. Unnie was hugging me tightly and the sirens of the paramedics were heard.

“Gaein, look at me. What happened? Why are you like this?” a voice was heard from far away.

“Umma, Appa… It’s my fault. It’s my fault” I could felt the cold of the pavement. Tears were flowing without stop.

“Gaein, Gaein. I’m talking to you. Look at me. I’m here” I felt someone shook my shoulders getting me out that nightmare.

It was Youngmin. He came back alone. It probably had passed some hours since Hyuna left.

“Youngmin…” I looked at him. His worried eyes stared at me in desperation.

“Gaein-ah, what happened? How did you get here?”

“I… I don’t know” I gulped.

“I told you not to get out of home” He cupped my face on his hands.

“I’m sorry” I sobbed.

“Don’t be sorry. It’s my fault. I should have taken care of you better” he hugged me tight.

“Youngmin, all of this… it’s my fault”

“No, it’s not. Please, stop blaming yourself. It’s not your fault. Don’t worry. Everything will be alright. I’ll get you out of here soon. Just be patient, please” he looked me in the eyes. His hands caressed my frozen cheeks softly.

I looked away not knowing how to react. It was hard to me to accept I was putting in danger the lives of all the people I loved. Probably Chunji died because of me.

The pain in my heart was killing me. The guiltiness I felt once since my parent’s death had come back to me. I felt like my existence was wrong in all ways. And I wished I’d never had born.

“Gaein, look at me. It is not your fault at all. You have to keep this in mind”

“Youngmin, you don’t understand. Hyuna just told me…”

“Shh! I don’t care. I just want you to stop blaming yourself.” He interrupted me. “I will find out a way for getting you out of here. But first, I need you to be strong because it’s not going to be that easy”

“I’ll try” I shrugged.

“I brought you some food. Please eat. I have to go. If Hyuna sees me here she’s going to kill me. Literally”

I nodded and sighed. Youngmin untied my hands and told me to tie them again so Hyuna wouldn’t find out he had helped me. My eyelids became heavy but I didn’t want to sleep, because I knew if I did, the nightmares would come back over and over again…

------------------------------------------------------------

Chunji’s POV:

My phone rang and I answered the call. It was Youngmin. It was about midnight so I thought it was really important. My body shivered in warning.

“Yah! The crazy woman has Gaein! I don’t know how but we need to take her out of there. What if she tries to hurt her?” Youngmin screamed in desperation.

“What? You have to be kidding me”

“No, Chunji. I’m talking serious”

“Oh damn!”

“I’m freaking out right now. I’ll probably kill Hyuna if we don’t hurry with the plan. So, tell me what’s next”

“We’ll have to hurry. Tell Hyuna to make a press conference to announce your wedding and her pregnancy”

“What? Is that your plan?”

“Yes, don’t ask anything and just do it. We have no time” I hung up.

The angst hit my heart. Aish! How did that stupid Youngmin let her kidnap Gaein? We had to stop that crazy before she hurt Gaein. I would never let her win. She had to be in jail, no matter what. And our plan was coming to an end.

--------------------------------------------

Merry Christmas everyone!

It’s been like five months since I hadn’t updated.

I apologize for that u.u

Remember these are the last chapters of this story.

I hope you like it and please look forward to the next chapter.

I’ll update soon. I promise.

Thanks for reading.

Ppyong!