Please stay by my side.

Please Forget About Him and Smile (Editing)

 

Chapter 21: Please stay by my side.

 

Youngmin POV:

Bora Noona fell asleep on the couch, I was still waiting Gaein to wake up, holding her hand.

She finally opened her eyes after some minutes.

-      Gaein-ah! –I said and hugged her immediately.

-      Youngmin. –she said weakly and hugged me back slowly.

-      How are you feeling? –I asked her worried.

-      Better. – She said. I smiled at her, but it was hard to smile when she looked so weak and sad. She turned and saw Bora sleeping on the couch. –Unnie is here! –she said worried. – I must have worried her so much. I’m the worst sister in the world. –she said and sighed.

-      Don’t say that. The most important for us is that you are fine. -I said holding her head.

-      Thanks. I don’t know what I would do without you. – She said smiling. Suddenly, I remembered about Chunji. I think she would be better by his side. At least she would be happy, right?

-      Uhh… Chunji came to see you. He’s very worried about you. Do you want to talk to him? – I asked her nervously.

-      Is he here right now? –she said surprised. I nodded.

-      Yes, he has been waiting in the corridor to see you. Do you want to see him? –I asked her again.

-      Yes. –she said nodding her head. I gulped trying to hide the pain I was feeling. – But… I want you to stay with me while I’m talking to him. I need you to give me the strength I need.

My eyes widened when I heard what she said. She wanted me to be by her side. My heart started beating so fast that I felt that my chest would explode in any moment.

I told Chunji that Gaein wanted to talk to him and we got in her room. Chunji immediately ran next to her worried, he stared at her for a moment and then hugged her tightly.

-      Are you ok? How are you feeling? Do you need anything? – He said with worried teary eyes.

-      I’m fine, but you don’t have to worry about me. –she said looking away.

-      How couldn’t I worry about you? – Chunji said breaking the hug and looked into her eyes. She looked away again.

-      I’m fine, really. –she said.

-      Gaein, my princess, I know you’re not okay. I know you perfectly. –he said raising his hand to her hair, but she pulled his hand away. I got surprised by her actions, and so did him.

-      Don’t call me like that. I’m not your princess. And you think you know me but you don’t, I have changed Chunji. – She said confidently but I know that inside she was feeling bad for saying that. – I’ve been thinking about what you told me and I already have an answer… –She paused for a little. – I definitely can’t give you another chance, so please just give up. It’s nonsense that you keep worrying about me and trying to get me back, because I won’t come back with you. –she said coldly.

-      Gaein, I’m sorry but I can’t give up. I won’t do it. – He said with teary eyes.

-      Please just do it, I don’t want to hurt you. It’s not worth it. I… I… don’t love you anymore. –she said and sighed. –You don’t need to worry about me anymore. Youngmin will take good care of me. –she said and held my hand.

-      Gaein… please, at least let me stay by your side until you get better.-Chunji said with tears rolling down his eyes.

-      I’m sorry, but the only one I need by my side right now is Youngmin. If he’s by my side I know I will get better, don’t worry about me, I’ll be okay. –she said. I stared at her speechless. Chunji looked at me.

-      Promise me you will take care of her. –he said sobbing.

-      I promise. -I said.

-      Then, I think I have nothing to do here, if you don’t even want to see me, then I’ll leave. –he said wiping his tears and exited the room.

-      Are you sure about it? –I asked her.

-      About what? -she said playing with her hands avoiding eye contact.

-      About letting him go… are you sure that you won’t regret about it? –I asked her.

-      Weren’t you the one that wanted me to stay away from him? –she said puzzled.

-      Well, yes. But I think I was wrong. When you were with him, you were always happy, but now, you look so depressed. I know that he hurt you, but he really regrets about what he did, and I hate to admit it, but I think that he’s the only one that can make you happy. –I said looking down.

-      What happened with the “forget about him and continue with your life? You were always saying that.

-      Gaein… -I said holding her shoulders. -I just want you to be happy, that’s all. I will respect anything that you decide, but for the first time in your life, forget about what I said, or what other people said. Just do what your heart tells you to do.

-      That’s exactly what I did. I don’t think I can come back with him, I have changed. I’m not the same girl that would hide for five hours in a closet because I could get caught, I’m not the girl that would wait by the phone all day for his call, and I’m not the girl that would believe in fairy tales, not anymore. Because he’s not the perfect blue prince that I thought he was. But I’m okay with it, the world isn’t perfect, and he isn’t perfect either, but I realized about it very late. Even then, when I’m with you is different, you’re not perfect, you get angry easily, you are childish sometimes, you say things without sense and you’re a little clumsy, you also have virtues, you sing very well, you’re a good friend and you are sweet and kindhearted. All those things are what make you special, you are my best friend, and I accept you with your virtues and defects. – She said smiling. My lips curved into a smile and happiness rolled through all my body. – So, I know this can sound pathetic, but… could you stay with me right now? I feel that I need you right now more than ever. – She said with teary eyes. She didn’t even need to tell me what was going on, I knew today is her parent’s death anniversary.

-      I’ll stay here with you. I won’t go anywhere. – I said hugging her.

-      Thanks. –she said smiling and wiped her tears. The nurse came in with her food.

-      Now, you have to eat well so you can go out of the hospital. – I said smiling taking her food.  –Now say aaaah!

-      Youngminnie, I can eat by myself you don’t need to feed me. –she said chuckling.

-      Aahhh! –I said ignoring her. She gave up and let me feed her. –How is it?

-      Delicious. –she said smiling. I smiled at her and cleaned her stained chin, she blushed. I heard someone yawned.

-      Unnie! –Gaein said smiling.

-      Gaein! You’re awake! How are you feeling? –Bora said worried.

-      Better, Youngminnie is feeding me, so I can get out of the hospital soon. –she said smiling.

-      Youngminnie uh? I wish I had a boyfriend like Youngmin, he didn’t even move from that chair watching over you last night, he didn’t sleep waiting you to wake up.

-      Noona! –I said embarrassed.

Oh… and yes, they still believe we’re a couple, but that we want to keep our relationship in secret.

-      Yah! I heard you! –Hyunseong said standing by the door with the other guys.

-      It’s true! You need to learn from him. –Noona said and stuck out his tongue to Hyunseong.

-      Noona! –Minwoo said running to Gaein happily and hugged her. –We were so worried about you. –he said squeezing her.

-      Minwoo, she can’t breathe. –I said pulling his shirt making him let go of her.

-      Hyung, don’t be jealous. I can also give you a hug. C’mon come here! – He said extending his arms to me. I pushed him away.

-      I don’t want a hug from you!

-      C’mon hyung, I know you want it come here!

-      No! – I said running and he was chasing me.

-      Hyung don’t be like that! –he said teasing me.

We kept running in circles while the others were just laughing. I hid behind Donghyun hyung

-      Hyung, save me from this ert!

-      Minwoo stop it or I won’t buy you the plushie you wanted.

-      Okay hyung. –Minwoo said pouting with Shrek’s cat eyes.

-      Minwoo don’t do that please! You’re too cute! –Donghyun said pinching his cheeks.

-      I know! I’m the cutest guy in the world. –Minwoo said boasting. Minwoo is very cute, but he uses his aegyo for evil purposes, like making Donghyun buy him things.

-      Hey Gaein, guess what? –Kwangmin said excited.

-      What?

-      Boyfriend got a puppy! –Kwangmin said jumping happily.

-      Really? –Gaein said amazed.

-      Yes, and Kwangmin named him Pikachu. –Hyunseong said rolling his eyes.

-      And he dressed him like Pikachu. –Jeongmin said also rolling his eyes. Gaein giggled.

-      Do you want to see a picture of Pikachu? –Kwangmin said taking his phone and searched for the picture. –Here! –he said handing his cell phone to her.

-      Aigoo! He’s so cute! –she said smiling.

-      It would be cute if he didn’t destroy everything on his way. – I said.

-      Hyung, he’s just a baby. –Kwangmin said defending his weird pika-dog.

-      I don’t like him Noona. He steals my attention and eats my chips. –Minwoo said pouting. Gaein giggled at his cuteness and ruffled his hair.

We continued chatting and having fun until the sun went down. The guys finally left, Bora and I stayed with her. Bora easily fell asleep and Gaein and I stayed chatting a little more.

When I looked at the clock, it was already 12. I covered Gaein and told her to sleep. I haven’t noticed how tired I was until I rested my head on the couch next to her bed and immediately fell asleep.

After a while I felt someone was shaking my shoulder and calling my name.

-      Youngminnie… Youngminnie. –Gaein whispered. I opened my eyes slowly and smiled at her still half asleep.

-      What’s wrong Gaein? –I asked her yawning.

-      I can’t sleep. –she said. –I can’t stop thinking about my parent’s death. – She said nibbling her low lip with a scared expression.

-      It’s okay, it wasn’t your fault. You were just a kid. –I said hugging her.

-      I know, but I can’t take that scene out of my head. –she said. –Can you sing for me? When I hear your voice it calms me down and I can sleep.

-      Okay, but I’ll sing you a different song this time. Close your eyes, okay? –I said. She nodded and closed her eyes.

I started singing Nsync’s “This I promise you”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMtXMEuGKkc

When the visions around you 
Bring tears to your eyes 
And all that surrounds you 
Are secrets and lies 
I'll be your strength 
I'll give you hope 
Keeping your faith when it's gone 
The one you should call 
Was standing there all along

And I will take you in my arms 
And hold you right where you belong 
Til' the day my life is through 
This I promise you 
This I promise you 

I've loved you forever 
In lifetimes before 
And I promise you never 
Will you hurt anymore 
I give you my word 
I give you my heart 
This is a battle we've won 
And with this vow 
Forever has now begun 

Just close your eyes (close your eyes)each loving day (each loving day) 
And know this feeling won't go away (no) 
Til' the day my life is through 
This I promise you 
This I promise you 

Over and over I thought 
When I hear you call 
Without you in my life, baby 
I just wouldn't be living at all 

And I will take you in my arms (I will take you in my arms) 
And hold you right where you belong (right where you belong) 
Til' the day my life is through 
This I promise you, babe 

Just close your eyes each loving day (each loving day) 
And know this feeling won't go away (no) 
Every word I say is true 
This I promise you 

Every word I say is true 
This I promise you 
Ooh, I promise you

I stared at her sleeping peacefully and kissed her forehead. I promise you Gaein that I’ll protect you and take care of you. I won’t go anywhere. I will stay here by your side.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! How are you?

Sorry for not updating the last weekend :(

School is seriously stressing me out!

Good news, my exams period already finished! :D

Please comment and subscribe!

Thanks for reading.

Ppyong!