I always smile by your side

Please Forget About Him and Smile (Editing)

 

Chapter 22: I always smile by your side.

 

Youngmin’s POV.

After a couple days, Gaein finally returned to school. I am waiting for her at her locker.

-      Good morning! –I said smiling.

-      Wow! You are very happy today, may I ask why? –she said curious.

-      First, because you finally came out of the hospital and you are healthy again and second because today is the talent show. Minwoo, Kwangmin and I are going to do a performance. You will come to see us, right? –I said smiling.

-      Of course, I’ll be cheering from the crowd. –she said smiling. –but now that I think about it, I’m a little scared of your fan girls. They are always very rude to me.

-      Don’t worry about that. I’ll protect you. –I whispered in her ear making her blush. I chuckled at her cuteness. -Oh! And remember, today after school we’re going to the café to celebrate that you came out of the hospital, but only you and me, okay?

-      Okay. –she said nodding her head cutely. I ruffled her hair.

-      Yah! Don’t do that. –she said pouting.

-      Then don’t be too cute. And stop pouting or I’m going to ruffle your hair again. –I said joking.

-      My cuteness makes you want to ruffle my hair?-she said puzzled. I leaned towards her.

-      Actually your cuteness sometimes makes me want to kiss you. –I said very close to her face. My heart beat so fast and then I moved away and smiled at her.

-      What?... –she said blushing.

-      I’m just kidding. –I said chuckling.

-      Look at your face. It’s red like a tomato. –I said pointing at her blushed face.

-      It’s not. –she said cutely.

-      Yes it is. What were you thinking I was going to do? Did you think I was going to kiss you? Am I such a good kisser that you wanted to kiss me again? –I said teasingly.

-      I never said that. –she said walking away. I caught her up.

-      But you thought that. –I said smirking. She blushed even more, maybe today I’m being too bad with her, but she’s very cute when she blushes. Wait, if she blushes, does that mean she feels something for me? C’mon Youngmin, don’t make stupid illusions, she’s just shy, that’s all.

-      No, I didn’t. I need to go to class. –she said nervously and walked away.

I smiled at myself and walked happily to my class.

Your POV:

I can’t concentrate in class, after what happened with Youngmin. I mean, when he leaned towards me I got frozen, and I couldn’t stop starring at his big beautiful brown eyes and at his long eyelashes. I was just stunned by his beauty.

In that moment, I thought he was going to kiss me. His thick soft lips were so close to mine. My heart can’t stop beating so fast.

What is happening to me? Youngmin is my friend, but why I can’t stop thinking about him? And why was he acting today like that anyway? Was he trying to confuse me? Because if that’s the case, then I think he did it.

After some classes, it was time for going to the Talent Show. I hurried to the school theatre where the event is going to take place.

Youngmin, Kwangmin and Minwoo were already there. They were wearing black clothes and they looked very masculine yet cute as always. I approached them smiling.

-      You look amazing guys! –I told them putting my thumbs up. They are very good looking. Seeing them with eyeliner and their hairstyle like that make them look very good, especially Youngmin. He looks like he came out of a comic.

-      Thanks! –Minwoo said smiling. –I thought you were also going to participate. –he said with a disappointed face.

-      This is not for me, I have stage fright. –I said and laughed awkwardly. Yes, I at singing live. I can’t stop thinking about my parent’s death every time I stand on a stage.

-      Well, but you will support us, right? –Kwangmin said and poked my arm. Why are they so cute?

-      Of course. I will be cheering you up! - I said smiling.

-      Hyung, I think we have to go backstage now! –Kwangmin said looking at his watch.

-      Ok, you go first, I’ll catch you up. I want to talk with Gaein. –Youngmin said with a shy voice.

-      Yeaaahh… let’s go Kwangmin, let the lovebirds talk privately. –Minwoo said teasingly and dragged Kwangmin away from us.

-      Wish me good luck. –He said smiling. I nodded shyly.

-      Good Luck. Fighting! - I said smiling. Then, he pecked my cheek. My eyes widened in surprise.

-      I hope you like our performance. I’ll show a different side of me you’ve never seen. –he said with a shy smile and then ran away to the backstage.

I felt my cheek with one hand and my heart with the other. Is Youngmin trying to play with me today? Why do I feel so different? But the worse is… a smile curved on my lips and happiness rolled through all my body. This feeling was different; it wasn’t the same feeling of happiness when I was with Chunji. It was… a warm feeling. Like if Youngmin had just melted my frozen and broken heart with his sweetness.

I walked through the crowd and the talent show started. Lots of groups of boys or girls performed on stage. I have to say I really liked it. There were also some single performances. Some of them sang, others danced, and some others played an instrument.

Finally it was time of Boyfriend maknae’s.

-      The next participants are from a very famous rookie group. They debuted with their song “Boyfriend” as cute and sweet guys. –The MC said and the girls started screaming like there’s no tomorrow. - But tonight, the three maknaes of Boyfriend will show us a different side of them, with a powerful dance performance. Let’s cheer up for Youngmin, Kwangmin and Minwoo! –the MC introduced them and they came on stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=Po125Dzat6k&list=PL2438E98ADD88377C

My eyes were glued on Youngmin. He was moving with grace, every movement he did, was perfectly synchronized. My heart again, started beating with an abnormal speed.

The fans were screaming and I just smiled widely. Youngmin is very talented.

-      Now, it’s time for our last performance. This guy has won all the girls heart with his voice and charisma. He is Teen Top’s visual and Power Voice. – The MC said and the girls screamed even more than when he introduced Boyfriend.

He didn’t need to say his name. I knew who was performing next: Chunji.

-      Let’s cheer up for Chunji! –the MC said and the fan girls screamed so loud that my ears hurt.

-      Hello everyone. I am Chunji and I’m going to sing for you the song “That man”. I want to dedicate this song for a special girl… and I want to tell you that I can’t give up, I tried it, but you’re everything to me.

-      Awww! –the audience chorused thinking about Hyuna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=319pj7cXrdw

I couldn’t stand this. This was too much for me. Tears started rolling through his eyes while he was singing and without even noticing I was also crying. His heart is hurt because of me, but my heart is also hurt because of him. We hurt each other, but… does he really want to come back? How can we do that when we are so hurt?

It was hard for him to keep singing while tears were falling from his eyes and his throat was closing. He kneeled on the stage crying and paused for a moment. My heart ached when I saw him so hurt, I wanted to go on stage and comfort him. It was hard for me to see him like that. He continued singing and ended the song.

He got up and the MC came on stage to announce the winner. All the participants also were on stage.

-      So, the judges have decided the winners of this year’s talent show. –The MC said opening an envelope. –The winner of 3rd place is: Kim Minji.

The girl that played the violin was jumping of happiness and took her prize.

-      Now, the 2nd place goes to: Boyfriend!

The three guys looked a little disappointed but also took their prize. Youngmin looked… upset.

-      And now, the official winner of this year’s talent show, the 1st place goes to…… Chunji!

The fan girls ran to him to congratulate him. He tried to walk out of the crowd and catch me up, but I ran away wiping my tears.

I felt someone grabbed me by the arm. It was Youngmin. He looked at me and smiled.

-      You said you would go to the café with me after the talent show. –he told me.

I nodded and we walked together on the way to the café. There was an awkward silence between us. He looked upset about something, like if he was angry.

-      Are you angry because you didn’t win first place? –I asked him. He stopped walking and grabbed my shoulders.

-      No, I’m angry because he made you cry again. –he said looking straight into my eyes.

-      I’m fine. –I said looking down.

-      No, you’re not, you’re lying. –he said looking away angst. – I just want you to smile. I want you to smile every day. I want you to be happy. And I thought I was doing everything well, I thought you were finally happy, but it seems you still feel so hurt and that… worries me.

-      It’s true I’m hurt, but… when I’m with you, I’m able to forget him. I just smile all the time, you’re my strength and when you’re not around is when I’m sad and when I feel so weak, but if you’re by my side… I don’t know, I feel complete, like everything is fine. And I don’t want you to leave, or to be mad at me. I’m so sorry if I made you feel worried, I’m really sorry. –I said.

He hugged me tight holding me in his warm arms. I hugged him back.

-      Let’s just forget about everything and have a good time, ok? –he said and kissed my head my hair.

We walked together to the café and we sat on a table.

-      So, what do you want? –he said while I was looking at the menu.

-      Mmm… maybe green tea? –I said thinking.

-      Have I told you that you are so cute? –he said pinching my cheeks.

-      Yah! Youngmin! –I whined pouting. He gave me a warm smile and my heart beat faster and faster.

The waitress came and we ordered. We ate together a piece of cake and chatted for hours. We laughed together and had a good time.

We went to my apartment by taxi. I stood in front of my apartment’s door.

-      Gaein, I know I told you to forget about it but… I want to know something… -Youngmin said looking at me with sincere eyes. –Do you… still love Chunji? –he said. I sighed.

-      Honestly, I don’t know. I feel that the person who I fell in love with, it’s not there anymore. Like if I had fell in love with someone who didn’t exist. I idealize Chunji so much, he was so perfect to me, but now I realize, that I don’t even know him, so… how could I love someone I don’t even know? I think that maybe I never loved him… I was more obsessed with him. He was my obsession and I was his obsession, that’s why we ended hurting each other, because we always tried to ignore and hide all our differences, all our problems, we never tried to solve them, we just ignored them and tried to continue with our “so perfect lives”. We never confronted our problems, we just ignored them until we couldn’t hide them anymore and the easy way to get out of them was cheating on me with her. The reality is, that I’m not hurt because he cheated on me, the reason why I’m hurt is because I never realized of what kind of person he was. I mean, he’s not a bad person, but maybe we just rushed everything and never gave us time to know about us, we just, tried to pretend everything was perfect when it wasn’t.

-      So, do you think that if you gave him another chance, you could be happy together? –he asked me.

-      Not really. I think Chunji doesn’t really love me. Before we became a couple, Niel had told me that he was in love with Hyuna. So, I think that now he feels disappointed because he thought that the things with Hyuna would work. He’s disappointed about her, because he thought she was a good person, for him, she was the perfect girl. Now that he realized what kind of girl she is, he wants to come back to me, because I was someone who he could always lean on when he needed. He knew I was always going to be waiting for him, but now I changed and I think he changed too, we’re not the same persons we used to be when we met, so I think that is time to continue with our lives.

Youngmin looked at me with sweet eyes and smiled shyly.

-      Then, in that case… would you give me a chance? –he said looking straight into my eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! How are you? I hope you’re fine.

Please don’t kill me for haven’t updated for a while.

I was busy with school TT

BOYFRIEND IS BACK WITH JANUS! They look so hot. Like, seriously, I loved the new concept. And Youngmin looks so cool, when I watched the video I was like “Youngmin, please marry me!”

Ok, I will stop fangirling.

Good news: I’M WRITING A NEW FANFIC!

TAMING THE REBEL PRINCESS:http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/305194/taming-the-rebel-princess-korean-romance-youngmin-boyfriend-fiction-forbiddenlove

Please support it and read it, if you like it, please subscribe and comment.

Thanks for reading.

Ppyong!