Don't lose the Hope

Please Forget About Him and Smile (Editing)

Chapter 43: Don’t lose the Hope

 

Youngmin’s POV:

I arrived to Gaein’s apartment and knocked the door like a complete maniac.

“Yah! Gaein-ah! Are you alright?” I screamed my lungs out.

“Of course I’m alright. What’s wrong with you?” she opened the door.

“Thanks God!” I hugged her tightly. “Where’s Hyuna?”

“She left a while ago. Why?” she tilted her head.

“I told you she’s dangerous. I think she’s the one who killed Chunji”

“What? You’re crazy Youngmin” she scoffed. “I think you’re overreacting”

“I’m not. Hyuna is mentally sick. She has schizophrenia. I can prove it” I looked for the medical reports in my bag and gave them to her.

Gaein looked at them shocked. She was still confused. Her face got pale and her eyes widened.

“This is unbelievable…” she muttered covering .

“I know” I sighed.

“Where did you get this? Why do you have these medical reports?”

“I got them from Chunji. He wrote a letter before the accident, the one that L. Joe gave me at the funeral. He wanted me to know that Hyuna was crazy and that I had to protect you from her.”

“So, that’s the reason why you think she killed him. It’s just… scaring. She came here crying and asked me to forgive her. I just can’t believe she did something like that” Gaein was more like freaking out.

“Gaein, I don’t want you to see her again. She’s dangerous. She might hurt you”

“I was so stupid Youngmin. I believed in her words! I offered her my support and friendship when she was the one who killed Chunji! I thought she was feeling bad because of Chunji’s death.”

“It’s okay. She lied to you and she even lied to Chunji. But we can’t trust her anymore.”

“Why did she do it? Why did she kill Chunji?” Gaein’s eyes filled of tears.

I really wanted to tell her the truth at that moment. I wanted to tell her that Chunji was actually alive. But I promised him that I wouldn’t tell her. After all, we were protecting her on this way.

“She killed him because he had found out about her mental disease. Actually, there’s something you need to know. Hyuna’s plans are something more than what I imagined.” I took a seat.

“Hyuna’s plans?” Gaein sat next to me.

“She’s pregnant. She’s planning to tell everyone that I’m the baby’s father”

“What? Why would she do that? I mean, I know she’s crazy now but there’s always a reason for doing something like that” Gaein seemed angry this time.

“You’re her target” I blurted out feeling my heart was breaking. I wish I would be her target instead of her.

“So, what you’re saying is that I’m the one she wants to hurt. That’s the reason why she killed Chunji and she wants to hurt your public fame in that way”

“Don’t worry. I’ll find a way to stop her” I patted Gaein’s shoulder.

“She’d better kill me”

“Gaein-ah! Don’t ever say that!” my voice cracked.

“It’s the truth. She killed Chunji because of me. What if she tries to kill you? I won’t ever let her do that. I can’t even understand the fact she killed Chunji”

“Look, Chunji was killed maybe because he tried to stop her not because of you”

“Exactly! You will risk in trying to stop her and she can hurt you in the process” Gaein yelled. “I’m not going to let you do that”.

“Then what do you want me to do? The idea that you’re in danger is just killing me. I don’t care if I have to kill that crazy maniac as long as you’re safe”

“Youngmin!”

“What? It’s the truth!”

“Youngmin, you have too much worries about your life being an idol. I can’t keep giving you more problems. If Hyuna wants me to be death then… I’ll just…”

“Don’t ever say that” I covered . My jaw was trembling.

I know Gaein is able to do anything to protect me, but that thought made me feel uneasy. We were both trying to protect each other.

“We’ll get through this, okay? Don’t ever say that again. We’ll find a way to stop her” I cupped her head in my hands. She seemed so lifeless.

“Gaein, don’t worry. Everything will be alright. You just have to stay away from her”

“I don’t want you or unnie to get hurt because of me” A tear rolled down her cheek.

“Baby, look at me. You can’t let Hyuna win. She wants to make your life sad but you can’t let her do that. You must be happy. You must have hope and faith. I know it’s not easy, but I don’t want to see you like this. Please smile, please laugh, and stop being this way. You’re my strength. I need you right now more than ever”

I hugged her tightly. I sobbed. For the first time in my life, I was so afraid I could lose her. But I couldn’t let that feeling get in my body, I should be strong. I must protect her from that crazy of Hyuna. I must keep her safe, but the most important, I must keep that wish of living in her.

“Youngmin, you know I would die without you, right? Don’t risk yourself. It doesn’t matter what Hyuna wants. I can handle it” she said.

My phone rang before I could continue the conversation. It was my manager. God, I wasn’t in the mood to handle with my idol life.

“I have to go back to Boyfriend’s dorm” I said after hanging up.

“Ok. Take care” she caressed the back of my hand.

“Can you smile for me please?” I asked her. She looked down. “I’m talking to you little lady” I raised her chin with my index finger.

“Youngmin…” she looked away.

“My lady, please smile to your boyfriend. He wants to be cheered up” She smiled slightly. “A big smile” I insisted.

“Fine.” She faked a big smile.

“That doesn’t look sincere. I think I’m going to force you to smile” I got closer to her face.

I kissed her softly brushing my lips onto hers and playing with them. Pressing back and forth and tickling her with my lips. I smiled over her lips and so did she. I closed my eyes and forgot about everything only concentrating in our little ticklish kissing game.

“See? That’s the smile I wanted to look at?” I smiled entwining our fingers.

“You’re the only one that can make me smile at a moment like this” she tightened her grip.

“I’m glad to hear that”

“I wish you could stay. I feel safe by your side” Gaein finally said. I knew she was afraid also but she pretended to be strong.

“I’d like to stay honey. But I know Bora will take care of you. Just please don’t get out of here. Don’t open the door to strangers. I know it sounds kinda over protective and paranoid but I want to keep you safe”

“It’s okay. I’ll wait for you here” she smiled. This time it was sincere.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chunji’s POV:

I was freaking out. I didn’t know if Gaein was safe and that stupid of Youngmin hadn’t answered my calls.

“Yah! How is Gaein?” I yelled on the phone once he finally answered.

“She’s fine. Apparently Hyuna didn’t try to hurt her. But I already warned her about Hyuna. She knows she’s dangerous and she’ll keep away from her”

“I’m glad to hear that. And… how is her? Emotionally…”

“Not that good. But I think I could cheer her up a little. Can’t I tell her you’re alive? I can’t stand looking at her like this anymore”

“Is she that affected by my death?” I asked surprised.

“Well, of course. And now she knows about Hyuna she feels kinda guilty. You know Gaein well. She blames herself too much about everything”

“That’s true. But you can’t tell her”

“Why not? Why shouldn’t I?”

“Because my fake death is the only way we can win over Hyuna. She has ears and eyes everywhere. If she knows I’m alive, everything will go down and we won’t be able to protect Gaein”

“I still don’t get it. But I trust you. Don’t disappoint me”

“I won’t. I’ll do everything that is on my hands to get that in jail and keep Gaein safe”

I hung up the call and looked at L. Joe. He just had come back from the police station.

“Hyung, there’s something wrong”

“What happened?” the fear filled my body.

“Hyuna’s company is too powerful. Do you think they will accept that an idol of that entertainment goes to jail? They are spending too much money in covering Hyuna’s evidence”

“Damn! I didn’t expect that. So, what did her company do?”

“They paid the psychiatrist to lie about her mental disorder. The medical reports are “fake” proves now because she testified that she’s mentally healthy and the reports are signed by her so they’re accusing us of falsification. Things aren’t going well”

“What are we going to do now?”

“I don’t know hyung. This is so unfair! That stupid should be in jail. She tried to kill you. But they won’t listen to us”

“L. Joe they’ll do. They’ll listen to us. I’ll make sure of that”

“How are we going to do that?”

“Send a text to Youngmin. We need to meet again. I have a plan” I smirked.

---------------------------------------------------------------

This story is coming to an end. There are probably two more chapters left.

I hope you like this chapter.

Please comment and subscribe.

Thanks for reading and for your support!

2yendis