Hyunas friend? No way!

Please Forget About Him and Smile (Editing)

Chapter 42: Hyuna’s friend? No way!

 

Your POV:

I got home with unnie. Everything looked so bad. Chunji couldn’t be death. “He can’t be death” I repeated a thousand times in my head, but that didn’t change the fact that I just went to his funeral to say goodbye.

“Would you like to eat fried chicken?” Bora Unnie asked with a slight smile.

“I don’t want to eat” I replied sadly.

“Gaein, you have to eat something. You haven’t eaten for days!” she said with worry in her words.

“I’m just not hungry” I shrugged.

“I should have asked Youngmin to stay. He’s the only one who can make you eat right now” she sighed.

“I’ll eat later. Just not now” I plopped on the couch and closed my eyes. The tears escaped from them.

A flashback came to me about the night he tried to suicide. I was so afraid that he could be death but everything went alright… but now, everything happened so suddenly. I don’t even know if he knew I had forgotten him. He would always look so guilty when he talked to me, like if I hated him for cheating on me with Hyuna.

The doorbell rang and unnie opened de door. I heard some footsteps coming.

“What are you doing here?” I heard unnie’s annoyed voice. It was weird that unnie talked to someone like that.

“Gaein” I heard someone crying. I sat up and found Hyuna kneeling in front of me crying with swollen eyes.

What was she doing here? She looked so bad. Even though she had done so many bad things to me that doesn’t mean I’m a monster.

“Hyuna” I stuttered.

“Just get out of here” Unnie told her. I took unnie’s arm in sign that it was okay.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I did wrong. I… I took Chunji away from you. I was really in love with him and I thought that he loved me too but he never did. He always loved you and I avoided you to be together. I made Chunji’s life miserable and now… he’s gone and I never regretted my actions in front of him or you. I never apologized and even tried to take Youngmin away from you. What was I thinking? I was jealous of you Yoon Gaein. You were so happy and I wanted to be happy too, but I never did the things rightly and ended hurting Chunji, you and even me”

She was crying without stopping. She looked really affected by Chunji’s death. I know she was evil and did so many bad things to me but for the first time she really looked regretful of her actions. Like if Chunji’s death made her rethink all what she had done to us.

“Hyuna, calm down” I said quietly.

“How can I calm down? What if you die tomorrow? I won’t have the chance to say I’m sorry. You need to forgive me from what I did. I did something terrible to you and something worst to Chunji. I… I… I hurt him”

She buried her head on the floor crying. I kneeled and patted her back carefully. She continued crying for some minutes until she finally calmed down a little.

“Hyuna, I know how you feel” I said.

“No, you don’t” she sobbed.

“When my parents died, I blamed myself. Even though it was a car accident, I continued blaming myself for calling my parents and telling them to hurry up. I lived my whole life blaming myself for something it wasn’t even my fault but I always felt guilty about it. Youngmin made me opened my eyes and I finally understood it wasn’t my fault. It’s the same with Chunji. That… crazy fan…” I couldn’t finish my sentence. It was too hard to me to accept it really happened.

“That crazy fan killed him. It wasn’t my fault. And I’d better forget about it” she told herself.

“Well, what I meant was that it wasn’t your fault. Even though I don’t think we can forget about this. He was a special person to both of us. He still is…”

-------------------------------------------------------

Youngmin’s POV:

I quickly dialed the phone number that was written at the end of the letter. Someone answered the call, and yes, it was Chunji’s voice.

“Hello?”

“Yah! How did you dare to do that? You made us believe you were death. Gaein is going through depression because of you!” I yelled. I was glad he was alive actually, but I was thinking about Gaein all the time. The look in her eyes, the pale color of her face.

“I’m sorry. That’s the only way to protect her. Youngmin, I trusted you. Please, you can’t tell anyone I’m alive. Not even Gaein”

“How can I not tell Gaein? She’s dying of sadness!”

“She will be alright. It’s not you the one who she believes is death” he sighed.

“How do you dare to say that?” I exclaimed.

“It’s the truth. You’re the one she really loves; not me. But that doesn’t matter right now. We need to meet.”

“Where? Is it true that Hyuna has a mental disorder?”

“Yes, it’s true. And she’s dangerous. That’s why we need to meet. Come to the address that it’s written on the back of the letter”

“Ok. I’ll meet you there”

“Hurry up. We don’t have time”

I took my coat and went out to meet Chunji. It was so surreal what was happening.  Chunji was alive and Hyuna was really crazy. But the worst of it: Gaein was in real danger and I… I wanted to protect her but I just didn’t know how.

I arrived to that place and pressed the doorbell. Someone opened the door. It was L. Joe. He smiled and let me in.

“Hi! Come in”

Did he know that Chunji was alive? That’s why he didn’t look that affected at the funeral.

I walked in the little apartment and found Chunji calmly eating pancakes with orange juice. He looked a little pale. But he was there… alive.

“Hi! I’m glad you came” he beamed a smile.

“Yah! You scared the hell out of me!” I hugged him.

“Hey! I didn’t know you loved me that much” he chuckled teasing me.

“Chunji I’m talking serious. You made all of us believe that you’re death. It isn’t that funny. Gaein… you must have seen her. She’s emotionally destroyed. She hasn’t eaten for days”

“Youngmin, I have my reasons for faking my death. That crazy of Hyuna tried to kill me. She shot me” he showed me the bullet wound on the right of his chest.

My eyes widened in surprise. If Hyuna really shot him, then she was able to shoot Gaein. I frightened at that thought and wanted to run to Gaein immediately.

“If L. Joe hadn’t been there, I would be death right now. Fortunately, after Hyuna left me bleeding in the middle of the street, L. Joe came and called an ambulance.

“I heard a gunshot and immediately called an ambulance. I frightened when I saw my best friend laying there bleeding on the floor. Thanks God he’s alive” L. Joe said and gulped.

“Hyuna is really scaring when she gets all crazy. That’s why we must protect Gaein. You shouldn’t leave her alone.” Chunji said.

“Honestly, I just want to run to her right now. I don’t want to leave her alone for a second. Is Hyuna planning to kill Gaein?” My voice cracked at the end.

“It looks like it” Chunji shrugged. He looked as frightened as me.

“She’ll be in jail once the police prove that she was the one who tried to kill Chunji.  We just have to be positive” L. Joe said.

“How can I be positive when the person you love the most in this world is in danger?” I ruffled my hair in frustration.

“Youngmin, you shouldn’t confront Hyuna. Whatever she’s planning to do, you mustn’t confront her. I tried it and she got all crazy” Chunji said.

“I should keep her away from Gaein also. So, I’ll take her away from the country or whatever is in my hands to protect her”

“Youngmin, believe me. Even though you go to America, she’ll follow you. She’s crazy”

“What should I do then? How can I protect Gaein? What if something happens to her? I’m the one who’s going crazy!” I was on the verge of tears. L. Joe patted my back trying to calm me down.

“Everything will be alright. You just have to be with Gaein and support her. We’ll take care of Hyuna. I’ll keep an eye on her while Chunji works with the police”

I tried to calm down and called Gaein to be sure she was alright. Chunji also wanted to hear her voice so I pressed the speaker button.

“Hello?” she answered cutely.

“Sweetheart, have you eaten already? I’m very worried about you” I told her. I saw Chunji’s jealous face when I called her “sweetheart”

“I’m eating right now with Unnie and Hyuna. She came to apologize crying. She looks very affected about Chunji’s death”

Our faces filled of scare and worry. We were frightened and no one of us was able to speak.

“Honey, please say goodbye to her and get her out of your apartment. You shouldn’t trust Hyuna. She has done so many bad things to you”

“But baby, she looks devastated. I know she’s a bad person and stuff but I couldn’t leave her crying” Classic of Gaein. She’s just too nice to be real.

“Baby, I’m worried about you. I think Hyuna…”

“She was the one who killed Chunji” L. Joe mouthed.

“I think she was the one who killed Chunji. Don’t ask any questions. I’ll explain later. But please keep her away from you now”

My jaw was trembling of scare. My legs couldn’t move. Gaein was in danger. I ran away as fast as I could to go to her apartment. Hoping everything to be alright…

-------------------------------------

Gaein is in danger! Go Youngmin and save her!!

Thank you so much for your support.

Thanks for reading.

PPyong!