It hurts.

Please Forget About Him and Smile (Editing)

 

Chapter 18: It hurts.

 

Your POV:

I went home after classes. Unnie was there with Sistar Unnies. I greeted them and headed to my room.

I sat on my bed and sighed.  Then, I looked to the box on the top of my closet.

I stood on a chair and took the box. I shook the dust off it and opened it. All the gifts that Chunji gave to me, the pictures we took together and all the letters he wrote me were there. My heart ached and tears rolled down my eyes. I took one of the pictures and looked at it; it was a picture of Chunji and me smiling with the Han River behind us.

*Flashback*

-      Wooooow! The Han River looks so amazing from here! –I said amazed. Chunji chuckled a little and gave me a back hug putting his arms around my waist.

-      Yes, the Han River is so amazing. –he said resting his head on my shoulder. My heart skipped a bit. –Why are you blushing baby? It’s not like it’s the first time we are this close. –he whispered in my ear making my spine shiver.

-      It’s just that I still don’t get how a perfect guy like you could be with a shy girl like me when there are so much pretty girls that like Oppa. –I said looking down.

-      Hey… look at me. –he said lifting my head with his finger facing me. –You are perfect for me. I have never met a girl like you. You are the only one for me, so stop saying things with no sense. –he said and kissed my lips softly. –I love you Gaein, don’t forget that. –he said with a sweet smile and hugged me tightly.

*End of flashback*

I’m regretting about coming back with him. What if I trust in him again and he leaves me for other girl? I don’t know what to do.

I fell on the floor crying. Suddenly I heard someone knocked the door.

-      Gaein-ah… mmm… it’s me, Youngmin. I want to talk with you. –Youngmin said nervously. I immediately stood up and wiped my tears.

-      Yeah, come in. –I said hiding the box and wiping my tears with my hands.

-      Hi… - he said looking down.

-      Hi…-I said also looking down. I feel so bad for being so rude with Youngmin, he doesn’t deserve it. I should apologize with him.

-      I… - we both said at the same time.

-      You go first… -we said.

-      Well, I wanted to tell you that I’m sorry. You’re right, you are free to take your own decisions and I also want to tell you that I will always support you no matter what you choose. –he said looking down. His face looked sad. It made me feel so bad. My heart trembled. I took his hand.

-      It’s my fault. You don’t have to apologize. I was the one that was so rude with you and didn’t listen to you. You are the best friend I’ve ever had. I want you to know that you are really important for me and that I’m sorry. –I said looking down, not even able to look at him in the eyes. I feel guilty.

He hugged me, making me feel protected. I hugged him back snuggling my head on his warm and comforting chest. He was comforting my broken heart without even know it.

We stayed like that for a minute until my heart skipped. I pull apart from him, but he held on to me and looked me in the eyes. His beautiful big brown eyes melted my heart. They are so warm, they make you feel better.

-      Thank you Youngmin. –I said still looking into his eyes.

-      For what? –he said tilting his head cutely. I chuckled.

-      For being my guardian angel. – I said smiling.

-      Guardian angel? – He said surprised.

-      Yes, every time I feel down, you always come and comfort me. –I said blushing shyly.

-      You know that every time you need something or someone to talk with, I’ll be there for you, right? –he said with sincere eyes.

-      Yeah, I know it. – I said blushing. He finally moved away and looked around my room.

-      Your room is very neat. –he said looking around. –I like it. –he said smiling. I stared at him, being amazed at his features. – So, what is this? –he asked me pointing at the box getting me out of the trance.

-      Don’t open it! Don’t you know that you shouldn’t touch other’s things? –I said and snatched it from his hands.

-      Ok, I’m sorry… -he said shocked. – I never thought it would get you that angry. –he said.

-      It’s just that they are personal things… -I said putting the box under my bed and then sat on my bed.

-      It’s okay. –he said sitting on my bed, next to me. I felt a little nervous, it’s not like it’s the first time a guy is in my room, but I don’t know why is different with him.

-      Oh! Are they your parents? – He asked me reaching the photo that was on my nightstand. And yes, he was on top of me when he tried to reach it, which made me blush.

-      Look at Bora Noona! She looks so funny with that short haircut. And you were so pretty since then! –he said smiling. I blushed at his comment. He seemed to notice the awkward situation and changed the topic. –Your mom also was very beautiful. –he said and sighed. I looked at the photo and sighed.

-      Yes, she was. –I said and sighed too.

-      I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have say that…

-      It’s okay. It’s been ten years, but I still miss them. –I said and smiled weakly trying to hide my sadness.

Youngmin put his arm around my shoulder and my hair. I rested my head on his shoulder.

Suddenly, Unnie knocked the door.

-      I’ll be going out with the girls and Hyunseong. Do you want to come? –Unnie said smiling.

-      I prefer to stay, but if Youngmin wants to go… -I said.

-      No, it’s ok. I’ll stay here with you if you don’t want to go. –Youngmin said.

-      Ok, then I left food on the fridge if you’re hungry. Youngmin, please take care of her, arasso? –Unnie said.

-      Yes, noona. Don’t worry. I’ll take care of her. –He said smiling.

Unnie left and Youngmin and I had dinner together. We chatted and watched TV. It was getting late and Youngmin fell asleep on the couch.

I looked at the cutie Youngmin sleeping and smiled. Then, I went for a blanket and covered him with it. He was sleeping so peacefully as always, just like an angel.

I heard someone knocked the door severely times. I opened the door and my eyes widened when I saw a drunken Chunji standing in front of me. He fell on the floor and held my ankle.

-      Gaein-ah… Gaein-ah… -he said sobbing on my feet.

-      Chunji, what are you doing here drunk? –I asked him shaking. I have never seen him like this. I felt really bad.

-      I need you. I can’t live without you. –he said standing up and hugged me, but he lost the balance and almost fell.

I held his waist and helped him to get into the apartment. I went to the kitchen to get him some water and called Niel to come for him. He sat on a chair and looked at Youngmin.

-      Yah! Why did you call Niel? You don’t want me to be here with you, right? You just want to be alone with THIS GUY! –he said loudly.

-      Shh… please be quiet. You’ll wake him up. –I said covering his mouth.

-      Can’t you understand I need you? –he said and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me. – Just stay like this for five minutes. That’s all I need. –he whispered in my ear and snuggled his head on my neck.

-      Yah! Chunji, please let go! –I said, but he didn’t hear me. My screamed interrupted Youngmin’s little nap and he woke up rubbing his eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Youngmin’s POV

“Yah! Chunji, please let go!”  I heard Gaein screamed. I immediately woke up and saw Chunji was hugging her. I stood up and helped her to get off from him.

Chunji just fell on the floor. That’s when I noticed he was drunk.

-      Gaein, why did you let him to come in if he was drunk? –I said upset.

-      I couldn’t let him stay outside. I already called Niel to come here, so don’t worry he won’t stay here. –she said holding a glass of water. She helped him to stand up and he sat on the couch.

-      C’mon drink this. –she said giving him the glass of water. Chunji held it, but she was still holding the glass because he could drop it.

My heart ached when I saw their hands together. I could see Gaein worried eyes. She felt his forehead and her eyes widened.

-      He has fever. –she said worried.

She brought some medicine and gave it to him. Then, she pressed on his forehead some ice wrapped with a towel. I watched her from the corner, realizing about how much she still cares about him.

Chunji was lying on the couch and then he held her hand, my heart stopped for a moment.

-      Gaein-ah, please don’t leave me. I love you. –he said quietly.

Gaein gulped shocked while tears were filling her eyes. She sighed holding back her tears and looked at me, she smiled slightly at me and then looked down.

The doorbell rang and I opened the door. Niel and L. Joe came in the apartment and looked at Chunji with a disappointed look.

-      I can’t believe hyung got drunk. –L. Joe said.

-      He has fever. Maybe he caught a cold because of the rain. –Gaein said.

-      We’re sorry Gaein, for causing you trouble. – Niel said.

-      It’s okay. It’s not your fault anyway. –she said.

-      We have to go then. Thank you Gaein. –L. Joe said and they carry Chunji putting his arms around their shoulders.

-      Please take care of him… -Gaein said worried.

-      We’ll do it Gaein. Don’t worry about it. You should just worry about your health. –Niel said.

-      Annyeong Gaein! Annyeong Youngmin! –they said and left.

Gaein sighed, but I know she was still in shock.

-      Eotteoke? –she said and put her hands on her head in frustration sitting on the couch. I walked toward her and crouched in front of her. She looked at me. –What should I do Youngminnie?

-      What your heart tells you to do. –I said, even when deep in my heart it was hurting too much to say that.

-      What if my heart is confused? What should I do then? –she said.

-      I don’t know. I’m not a love expert. –I said shrugging.

-      No one is an expert in love. –she said and chuckled. – The only certain thing I know about love is that it hurts. –she said.

-      I agree with you. –I said smiling.

-      Did you hear what he said? “Please don’t leave me. I love you” that were the words that I repeated every day and every night after he left me. It was difficult to hear that words, because I understand the pain he’s feeling right now but… I don’t know if he was just saying that because he was drunk. –she said sad. I held her head on my hands making her face me.

-      Gaein, look at me. Maybe he’s going through a difficult moment, but that doesn’t change the fact that he hurt you and the reasons why he did it. It’s okay if you decide to forgive him, but that doesn’t change anything. You are an amazing girl and I swear you I’m so tired of seeing you crying and suffering for a guy that’s no worth it. – She nodded and some tears rolled down her eyes. I wiped her tears with my thumb. She hugged me tightly crying on my shoulder.

-      Youngmin, I don’t know what to do. I feel like I’m going crazy. I can’t continue with this. –she said crying.

-      Don’t say that. I’m here for you, you’re not alone. We’ll get over this together. I’ll never leave you. –I said hugging her back.

-      Gomawo… -she said wiping her tears.

She rested her head on my shoulder and we stayed in silence. She fell asleep on my shoulder.

I looked at her. Love hurts, it’s true, but I won’t leave you no matter what, even when I can’t have you. You’ll be forever in my heart Gaein.

I felt my eyelids were getting heavier and finally I also fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think about this chapter?

What should Gaein do? I think she should get over Chunji and accept  Youngmin's heart, but well... she's still very confused now.

And what about Chunji? Do you think he deserves another chance even when he cheated on her?

And finally Youngmin, he's totally in love with Gaein, but he feels bad because he knows she still thinks about Chunji and worries about him.

What do you think?

Please comment and subscribe.

Thanks for reading! Ppyong!