An Unforgettable Kiss

Please Forget About Him and Smile (Editing)

 

Chapter 35: An Unforgettable Kiss

 

Chunji’s POV:

“I know that what I did was wrong and don’t worry, I’ll leave you both be happy from now on. I just wanted to tell you something I think you have the right to know…” she sobbed.

“What is it?” I asked confused.

“Well, you might not remember it clearly but the night…”

“Go straight to the point. What is exactly what you have to tell me?

“I’m pregnant and you’re the baby’s father…”

My eyes widened at her words but then I shook my head reacting.

“Are you insane? Hyuna there isn’t a possibility that I’m the father. We have never… done it…” I laughed.

“Yes, we did. It was the night before you tried to suicide. You were drunk, that’s why you don’t remember…” she looked down

“And you think I’m going to believe that? Ha! Hyuna just get out of here” I said with a serious voice.

“Chunji please… Do you remember something about that night?” my mind got confused at her words. I had my memories back. But that night wasn’t something I remembered.

“And so what? You’re just taking advantage of that situation. It wouldn’t be the first time you lied to me”

“I know that I have lied to you in the past. I admit it. But I’m telling you the truth this time” she pleaded.

“So, you want me to believe that I’m going to be your baby’s father. I don’t even believe that you’re pregnant” I looked at her from head to toe.

“But I am! See here’s the pregnancy test” she sneaked through her bag showing me a pregnancy test.

“Hyuna just get out of here!” I yelled.

“Chunji… please believe me” she sobbed.

“I said get out of here!” I yelled very loud. She ran away crying. I ruffled my hair in anger.

“Can you explain me what was that doing here?” Byunghun said crossing his arms waiting for my answer.

“I don’t know how she got here but she came here claiming that she was pregnant and that I was the baby’s father”

“Wait, what?” his eyes widened.

“What you heard” I looked away to the wall.

“But there’s no possibility that you and her, you know. I mean, you already got your memories back. She was just trying to make you believe that because she thought you still had amnesia… right?” he raised his eyebrows.

“Well, it’s true that I got my memories back but I don’t remember anything about that night… it’s just like a black hole in my mind. I don’t remember anything. I was probably drunk” I looked down feeling angst.

 “Even then Chunji, I’m sure she’s lying. She’s just trying to separate you and Gaein. Don’t let her do that. What if she’s not even pregnant and she just made it up?”

“Yes, but what if…?”

“What if nothing. Just forget about it hyung. Don’t worry” he palmed my back. I sighed trying to remember something about that night but I couldn’t…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaein’s POV:

I came back home. Unnie was there waiting for me at the door. She ran to me and hugged me.

“I’m glad you’re home. I was worried about you”

We walked in the apartment and sat down to have a cup of tea.

“So, how is Chunji?” she asked.

“Better. He still hasn’t recovered all his memories but he’ll do it soon” I said rounding the cup with my index finger.

“And what about Youngmin? Have you talked to him?” she nibbled her low lip. She looked worried about something.

“I talked to him a while ago. But it didn’t go that well” I muttered.

“Gaein, are you really going to break up with him just for Chunji?”

“It’s not just for Chunji, ok? Chunji is someone very important for me” I said upset.

“And Youngmin? Isn’t he important for you?” She raised a brow.

“Yes, he is. That’s why I want him to stay away from me. I only bring him worries. He’s just someone too good for me. He needs to be with a girl that can make him feel happy, not a girl who he has to get out of depression all the time” a tear ran over my face.

“Gaein, don’t you think that you’re just hurting yourself?” unnie held my hand and looked into my eyes.

“But Chunji will be better if I stay by his side and I’m sure Youngmin can find someone better than me”

“And what about you? Will you be happy?” she said with worried eyes.

“Maybe I can develop feelings for Chunji again. I mean, I’m sure that feeling is still left in my heart”

“I hope you’re right. I don’t want you to hurt yourself Gaein” she sighed. “Well, I’m going to sleep. You should also sleep now. You seem tired and tomorrow you have to go to the school”

Unnie went upstairs to her room. I looked around the kitchen and sighed.

I was so confused about Chunji. Suddenly, Youngmin’s image was standing next to me singing with that comforting and warm voice.

“Ok, I must be crazy. I’m even hallucinating Youngmin” I told myself.

I shook my head and looked to my side. He was gone. But it was true that I missed him so much. He was always there for me when I needed. He would always listen to me and give me some advices. And in nights like this when I can’t sleep he would sing me a song until I fell asleep into his arms.

He wasn’t only my boyfriend. He was someone who I could lean on. But I was hurting him and I couldn’t go on with this anymore.

“I love you Youngmin but you need to go on with your life” I muttered while tears were flowing from my eyes.

The next morning I got up from my bed. I haven’t sleep for three days. My eyes were all swollen but I didn’t care.

I went downstairs and unnie was already up. She was walking around the kitchen biting her nails. Something was wrong…

“Gaein, do you perhaps know where Youngmin could have gone? He didn’t go to sleep to his dorm last night and he doesn’t answer his phone. The other members are very worried about him”

“I…I…I don’t know” I stuttered. My hands were shaking and my eyes widened. I remembered what I told him last night…

*Flashback*

“That’s exactly what I don’t want. I don’t want you to be there for me. I just want you to forget about me and continue with your life” I muttered. He lifted my chin with his index finger so I would face him.

“Gaein, I think that’s not something you decide. I’m the one who decides what to do with my life” He said and walked.

“And I also decide who I want to be part of my life and you’re not in the list” I screamed.

*End of flashback*

“They need to find him soon. They’ll be going to Japan today for four months. They are going to film a movie there”

“Japan?” I asked puzzled.

“Didn’t you know about that?”

I took my bag and ran to the park where we met last night. I looked for him until I found him crying under a tree. His legs were in front of his chest and his eyes were redden and swollen. My heart broke into million pieces when I saw him like that.

“Youngmin!” I ran to him and kneeled in front of him. He looked up to me and smiled weakly.

“Gaein” he muttered.

“Why are you here? Have you even eaten something?” I said worried examining his pale face and dry lips.

“I’ll be leaving to Japan for four months…”

“I know. Unnie told me about it. You need to come back to your dorm”

“Can I ask you something before leaving? It’s just be one thing and then I promise you I will stay away from you as you want”

“What is it?”

“Ccan… can I kiss you?” he asked weakly

I nodded not knowing why. It was the last time I would see him in four months. And of course that would mean that when he came back he would have already forgotten about me.

Youngmin approached his lips to mines slowly. I was nervous and didn’t know what to do. I knew that if I kissed him back I would make the things more confusing for him so I just stayed there frozen.

Youngmin’s lips were warm. He gently put his hand on my neck. I was fighting back the feeling of kissing him back. His lips were moving slowly over mines and I was controlling myself but I couldn’t hold it anymore and opened my mouth letting his tongue in. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pulled me closer to him. My heart was pounding so hard and my breath was shortening but that feeling was making me feel alive. Youngmin finally pulled back breaking the kiss.

“Tell me if you can forget this kiss in four months. I’ll wait for your answer” he whispered gasping and then stood up releasing his grip from me. “I love you Gaein. I still do” he shrugged and then faked a smile. “Well, see you in four months” he said and walked away leaving me speechless.

I touched my still racing heart. What if I’m sure I won’t be able to forget it Youngmin? But the worst, what if you forget it like Chunji did?